OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Lonzo Ball's dad, part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball said. “I told Lonzo - ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

View attachment 21525

Lol! Dumb. Just dumb.

Reaction Score

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” LaVar Ball said. “I told Lonzo - ‘One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.’ It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they’re right there.”

View attachment 21525

Idiot. and black guys can't play QB because they are not smart enough. Both statements are repulsive and so very wrong!

Reaction Score
He should be quite entertaining moving forward to the NBA. Which coach and team will have to deal with him should be interesting Boston maybe.

C

Chief00

The bottomline is a majority of high school players are white, at the college level it's a mix when you include all divisions but a greater % of African Americans on the elite teams and by pros its 80-90% African American. There is no denying speed is a key aspect of the game - and a lack of speed will prevent you from playing at the next higher level. To say LaVar is a fool for making that general statement, to me is ridiculous. The facts support his thesis even if the non-logical political science major types that now frequent this board - are up in arms and indignation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Blacks do tend to be better than whites at basketball. You're "allowed" to say that, but you can't say whites tend to be better at something, because that's racist.

Reaction Score
Chief. You are not discovering plutonium by saying speed and quickness are an important part of the game and the majority of the best players are african-american. The reason for that though is not always speed. There are other factors as well. His statement was not "general". He was blaming the white players on his sons team for the loss. A general statement would be something like "white players on a whole just cant keep up." A general statement is also usually not attached to an emotional reation after your son just lost and made daddy dearest look bad after running his mouth.

Reaction Score
Blacks do tend to be better than whites at basketball. You're "allowed" to say that, but you can't say whites tend to be better at something, because that's racist.

It would only take like five seconds of critical thinking to see the difference.

Incidentally, from my experience, the type of white people who get upset by comments like Lavar's are typically the ones who struggle the most to understand race.

Reaction Score
It would only take like five seconds of critical thinking to see the difference.

Incidentally, from my experience, the type of white people who get upset by comments like Lavar's are typically the ones who struggle the most to understand race.

+1000.

Reaction Score

Well your theory is out the window for me. Can't speak for the others but I have issues with everyone finding it ok, and I ain't the least bit racist. He can say what he wants, but anyone who would be upset or oppose anyone saying his comments are racist to me are the one's struggling with reality. Clear cut.

Reaction Score
@Paesano - racism doesn't need to be an action. Racism is also a belief.

And racism is still a problem whether you want to believe it or not. I'm sure it's difficult to see why, with you being white, but it's kind of men trying to convince women rape is no longer a problem. It's a bad idea and it only confirms that you're a complete moron. There is a massive amount of data out there confirming that the judicial system is racially biased. There are also about 37+ million black people who can share a story or 20 about their experience dealing with racism.
Did I say racism doesn't exist? Cut the crap with the intellectually dishonest strawman building. All I said was that I disagree with the use of the word "racist" in this case. And, for the record, I understand that there are textbook definitions that would support the use of that label in this case. I don't agree with those definitions. More on that later.

To me, the most important thing we can do is encourage dialog and debate. The best way to do that is to fight intellectual bullying where one group attempts to establish a high ground of some form (moral, intellectual and so on) from which they attempt to silence those who disagree with them.

Reaction Score
Here's a definition of racism per dictionary:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. noun: racism
That's what he was doing. Here, let's take another very wrong and ignorant stereotype perpetrated by a dumber section of humanity and see if it's cool with you: Lonzo Ball took an I'll advised shot at the end of the game, instead of running the play as expected; they lost because black players aren't as smart as white players. If they had a white PG, he would have run the play.

You don't think that's ff__ked up?
Are you telling me what I think or asking me?

Reaction Score
I am personally more offended by the people that just dismiss it by saying "he's damn entertaining" and he is "just promoting his brand." He's Kris Jenner with a bigger mouth and more taleneted kids. If people that say absurd things are entertaining then Chief must be a carnival.

Reaction Score
You're lost here, he's a dipsh*t and anyone who believes he's anything but a damn racist here, is totally lost in the shuffle.

Same guy who stopped Michelle Beadle from asking a question on ESPN because he already knew what she was going to ask, why? "...because you're white"

A total a**wipe who doesn't deserve any media attention.
Yeah, I must be lost if I don't agree.

Many moons ago (when I was an undergrad) there was a speaker at UConn who spoke on this topic. I believe his name was Dr. Marcus Garvey. He defined racism as prejudice plus power. In other words, racism requires both prejudiced beliefs and the ability to affect another person's life based on those beliefs.

To say something like black players tend to be quicker and jump higher would be stereotyping. To assume a specific black kid is quicker than a specific white kid would be prejudice. You would be pre-judging individuals based on a stereotype. That is what the crazy Ball dad did. To not recruit a white kid because you assume he must be slower than the available black kids would be racist because you are using your position of power or influence to affect another person's life. Similarly, what Ball did to Beadle, in your example, was racist. He attempted to silence her based on his prejudices.

He is indeed a dip$hit. He is a prejudiced one at that. I just don't like the overuse of the racist label. I think the accepted definition has been broadened to enable its use by intellectually dishonest people to establish a moral high ground from which they attempt to silence those who disagree with them.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don't give a ___ about Lavar Ball or his comment and I think that white people getting their panties in a wad about his statement is more funny than anything else but this statement from you really bums me out. It's sort of like the alt right dudes who say "Well, I just beat off to a picture of Lola Monroe so I can't be racist."

Bigger picture though, Lavar Ball says outlandish things. That's his brand. People are going to outrage themselves to death if they react to every dumb thing he says.

To be clear, my panties aren't in a bunch --I think he sounds ignorant but I don't get offended by much of anything, speech wise.

It's typical Chief hijacking that continues to bother me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are you telling me what I think or asking me?

Neither really. I was playing devil's advocate.

I don't get worked up about this sort of thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

There is no "difference." Any claim of this sort is either true or it's not, based upon the evidence.

C

Chief00

I am personally more offended by the people that just dismiss it by saying "he's damn entertaining" and he is "just promoting his brand." He's Kris Jenner with a bigger mouth and more taleneted kids. If people that say absurd things are entertaining then Chief must be a carnival.

You obviously don't have the ability to independently critically think. That's a shame and a failure of our educational system as well. Please don't be a lightweight - work hard at developing the ability to think for yourself one step at a time. Good luck!

Reaction Score
You obviously don't have the ability to independently critically think. That's a shame and a failure of our educational system as well. Please don't be a lightweight - work hard at developing the ability to think for yourself one step at a time. Good luck!

Mirror ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34