OT: Kia Nurse | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know the exact play. I was watching at home and there was a gasp from the crowd that you could hear on TV as the play took shape in transition at mid-court.
Steered it back toward the Subject. Skillful.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Because there's a board specifically dedicated to that with people a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about it?
My least favorite thing on this board is people who see a post about something, click on the post and comment about how much they don't care about the post subject.

Just don't freaking click on it if it bothers you that much. Problem solved.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Jeff beck runs circles around the other two. Shouldn't be lumped together

Serious question: what should I listen to by Jeff Beck?

I list interest in Clapton pretty much past Derek & the Dominoes, and just recently spent no small time listening to LZ pretty thoroughly after 45 years of largely dismissing them. I was able to make a 2-hour playlist w/25 songs, so I've got an open mind that I could do something similar w/Beck, who I've not heard much.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

I list interest in Clapton pretty much past Derek & the Dominoes, and just recently spent no small time listening to LZ pretty thoroughly after 45 years of largely dismissing them. I was able to make a 2-hour playlist w/25 songs, so I've got an open mind that I could do something similar w/Beck, who I've not heard much.

Well let this well known Beatles song interpretation be your entry point. What he is doing with the microtonal whammy bending is simply mindblowing. Totally unique and invented by him and pretty much unable to be copied (although Ive seen Jimmy Herring get in the ball park)

This is a fantastic Album from 1975

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
How dare you disrespect Clapton. All 3 are excellent.

Saying Jeff Beck blows the other two out of the water isnt disrespect.He blows pretty much everyone out of the water. I love Clapton.

Clapton would be the first to tell you he worships at Becks feet.

Page is a slop-meister. Forget him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well let this well known Beatles song interpretation be your entry point. What he is doing with the microtonal whammy bending is simply mindblowing. Totally unique and invented by him and pretty much unable to be copied (although Ive seen Jimmy Herring get in the ball park)

This is a fantastic Album from 1975

Blow By Blow is far and away my favorite from him, and it still holds up today imo. Really love the "She's a Woman" cover on that. And of course "Cause We've Ended as Lovers."

Curiouser
Reaction Score

The Layla Sessions 20th Anniversary Edition is worth picking up for Disc 2 alone, which is simply six untitled and previously unreleased jams from those sessions.

Reaction Score
My least favorite thing on this board is people who see a post about something, click on the post and comment about how much they don't care about the post subject.

Just don't freaking click on it if it bothers you that much. Problem solved.

Or I could just hijack it. What were we talking about now? Jeff Beck? Carry on.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Blow By Blow is far and away my favorite from him, and it still holds up today imo. Really love the "She's a Woman" cover on that. And of course "Cause We've Ended as Lovers."

Wired is also a fantastic album. You put those two back to back and you have a great playlist @Hans Sprungfeld

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Or I could just hijack it. What were we talking about now? Jeff Beck? Carry on.

Continuing on the theme, i guess.

You eat bean sprouts, tofu, and hate good beer.

Deepster said:
I bet you're over 60.

I bet you have a vijayjay.

Next?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Because there's a board specifically dedicated to that with people a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about it?

But how in the hell can the board get your opinion on it if you're never there???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What's pathetic is a men's team that isn't good enough to out draw the women. You can blame the fans, but I blame the team for being nearly unwatchable much of the year.

Cleveland Browns fans still show up. We can do better.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

My favorite album of his is Wired. The songs Sophie and Blue Wind are my faves.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Deep's right here.

KO, K, Cal, Izzo they should all take lessons because you don't see this type of play in any mens games now do we? Let's not compare please.
The day KO, Cal, K or Izzo STOP learning is the day they stop being successful. Don't assume there is nothing to learn since it's "women's" basketball.

Reaction Score
The day KO, Cal, K or Izzo STOP learning is the day they stop being successful. Don't assume there is nothing to learn since it's "women's" basketball.

Huh? My point is not learning per se, it's the fact their offenses will never look as good as the women do in some of these games it's impossible. Totally different world. You will some who can run their offense smoothly for a while but not for 40 minutes like Geno's girls. Not happening different game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom