OT: Kia Nurse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Actually, yes. I didn't intend to say that, but to your point? Yes.

They are right now.

It would be interesting to see what happens when they come down to earth, but for now the womens fans show up to games more than the Mens fans do in a proportional context.

The women wouldve out drawn the Men for AAC tourney in Hartford.

That's pathetic.

Reaction Score
Because there's a board specifically dedicated to that with people a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about it?
And most of us don't enjoy posting over there because it's...well...different.

I don't watch every women's game, so I'd rather talk about them occasionally with the posters on this board. Apparently a lot of people agree.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Because there's a board specifically dedicated to that with people a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about it?

I have no interest in that board. They're not my people.

You seem not to recognize that with each reply you're further into the process of setting a new record on the number of posts protesting that an OT-labeled post is inappropriate because it's Off Topic.

("Yes, but there's another board next door! And there isn't for beer, pizza, wings, medical advice, snowblowers, TVs, vacations, wedding planning, NBA, Dunkin Donuts Field...")

Reaction Score
It's time for them to shut a team out or Beat the Globetrotters.

They essentially ARE the Globetrotters. Very few of their opponents play up to the standard of the Washington Generals and Red Klotz.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I don't watch every women's game, so I'd rather talk about them occasionally with the posters on this board. Apparently a lot of people agree.

@Deepster - read this, please.

Reaction Score
I like how elderly people are fine, canes and all, going to Hartford to watch the women play while deepster is deep in his bunker following Hartford ShotSpotter.

What's interesting is the myth that I don't go to Hartford. In the last month, I was within 3 blocks of the shooting I just linked on three separate occasions. I just call it like I see it in that it's not a great place and it's not safe.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I concur with all posts except this isn't the women's board. I recall a post where somewhere here said "I root/support any sport that wears a UConn shirt." Not exactly the words. Paraphrase of course but remember it was posted. The girls are phenomenal. Everyone lays ups with both hands. Their transition is light years ahead of others. They know what to do with the ball and it is pedal to the metal all...game...long. AND they have fun. Some of their expressions are priceless. Katie Lou with her 10-10 and Nurse. I will speak for myself. I don't mind reading about other sports on here. Keeps me updated.

We can have 5,000,000 posts on Best Beer,or Pizza, need a new washer,etc. But don't mention an upbeat thread about UConn women. Who btw have or will make more history regarding women's NCAA Basketball. I will go out on a limb here. Isn't the Yardbirds a baseball team?

Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck play baseball now? I'm so out of touch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are right now.

It would be interesting to see what happens when they come down to earth, but for now the womens fans show up to games more than the Mens fans do in a proportional context.

The women wouldve out drawn the Men for AAC tourney in Hartford.

That's pathetic.

What's pathetic is a men's team that isn't good enough to out draw the women. You can blame the fans, but I blame the team for being nearly unwatchable much of the year.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck play baseball now? I'm so out of touch.

Jeff beck runs circles around the other two. Shouldn't be lumped together

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen Deep and whaler in the same place at the same time?
Yes on ESPN all the time, whaler is actually Doris Burke and Deepster is really Seth Greenberg.

Reaction Score

This, pretty much.

Reaction Score
There was one play, I can't remember if first half or second half--
UConn had the ball in transition, I'm pretty sure everyone touched the ball in a span of about 5 seconds from the top of the key, to the side, to under the basket and out to Nurse or Chong for a wide open 3. Everyone in the crowd stood up and we all just turned to each other in awe.

I know the exact play. I was watching at home and there was a gasp from the crowd that you could hear on TV as the play took shape in transition at mid-court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom