OT: Kia Nurse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen Deep and whaler in the same place at the same time?

Reaction Score
They play the game with extraordinary execution. KO could take some lessons.
Actually, he does. He spends a lot of time with Auriemma, talking Basketball, culture, the program...by his own words he has a LOT to learn, and a great coach to learn it from.

That is part of what has helped him achieve all that he has at this point in life; he doesn't think that he knows everything but he WANTS to. Realizing that you have limits is one thing; accepting them as set-in-stone is another.

C

Chief00

Their execution and teamwork is great to watch. They do get a lot less pushback from the defense than in the men's game.

One excellent point made is that they valued every possession and try to make it pristine - played to perfection. That consistent concentration was so lacking with the men. Brimah just gave the ball up too easily or did not produce good offfense. On defense, what suffered with all the crazy gimmick defenses was the ownership and accountability for shutting a dude down. A guy could hit 3 threes and it was like no one own the problem or more importantly the solution.
I like KO and I hope he makes the change necessary. I knows it's not easy for him to do it.

Reaction Score
See? See??? This is why we leave this stuff over on the other board. I hope youre all happy.
It was made with some jest and some truth. The games are vastly different in physicality and speed. The margin for error is razor thin in the men's game. But, execution and attention to detail is a universal. When exceptionalism is in your midst, you have the unique gift of being able to learn from it and emulate it. I don't see it transferring. One is hyper disciplined and the other lacking in any semblance of it.

Reaction Score
It was made with some jest and some truth. The games are vastly different in physicality and speed. The margin for error is razor thin in the men's game. But, execution and attention to detail is a universal. When exceptionalism is in your midst, you have the unique gift of being able to learn from it and emulate it. I don't see it transferring. One is hyper disciplined and the other lacking in any semblance of it.

Please. Stop.

Reaction Score
Deep's right here.

KO, K, Cal, Izzo they should all take lessons because you don't see this type of play in any mens games now do we? Let's not compare please.
There are rare examples on the men's side like Gonzaga with extraordinary ball movement. It's apples and oranges except execution knows no gender. Some of mens game problem stems from the crazy level of athletic talent and an unconscious desire to solve winning by freeing the best to take over the game. Many see the Kenna-Bazz phenomena as the key. .. just find one great scoring guard, a 3 baller and a supporting cast. The truth is it's not quite that simple as many are finding out. Real ball and player movement beyond pseudo-NBA style isolation with high ball screens is required.

No real comparison intended beyond that.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I concur with all posts except this isn't the women's board. I recall a post where somewhere here said "I root/support any sport that wears a UConn shirt." Not exactly the words. Paraphrase of course but remember it was posted. The girls are phenomenal. Everyone lays ups with both hands. Their transition is light years ahead of others. They know what to do with the ball and it is pedal to the metal all...game...long. AND they have fun. Some of their expressions are priceless. Katie Lou with her 10-10 and Nurse. I will speak for myself. I don't mind reading about other sports on here. Keeps me updated.

We can have 5,000,000 posts on Best Beer,or Pizza, need a new washer,etc. But don't mention an upbeat thread about UConn women. Who btw have or will make more history regarding women's NCAA Basketball. I will go out on a limb here. Isn't the Yardbirds a baseball team?

Reaction Score
There are rare examples on the men's side like Gonzaga with extraordinary ball movement. It's apples and oranges except execution knows no gender. Some of mens game problem stems from the crazy level of athletic talent and an unconscious desire to solve winning by freeing the best to take over the game. Many see the Kenna-Bazz phenomena as the key. .. just find one great scoring guard, a 3 baller and a supporting cast. The truth is it's not quite that simple as many are finding out. Real ball and player movement beyond pseudo-NBA style isolation with high ball screens is required.

No real comparison intended beyond that.

You know I saw some teams, like the Zags good pick, move the ball without dribbling (hmmm imagine that like we were taught at 10?) in such precise and fast movement I was impressed. Admittedly wondered aloud where that is from our teams so I get where you're coming from. Partly because they have bigs they can throw it to on top and they can make a pass too. Michigan did too but having a kid like Mo Wagner helps a ton he can pass it for sure.

Truth is though Geno has it easier as most teams simply cannot guard his teams, some because he teaches it so well but a lot having to do with they are 30 points minimum better than everyone.

Reaction Score
I concur with all posts except this isn't the women's board. I recall a post where somewhere here said "I root/support any sport that wears a UConn shirt." Not exactly the words. Paraphrase of course but remember it was posted. The girls are phenomenal. Everyone lays ups with both hands. Their transition is light years ahead of others. They know what to do with the ball and it is pedal to the metal all...game...long. AND they have fun. Some of their expressions are priceless. Katie Lou with her 10-10 and Nurse. I will speak for myself. I don't mind reading about other sports on here. Keeps me updated.

We can have 5,000,000 posts on Best Beer,or Pizza, need a new washer,etc. But don't mention an upbeat thread about UConn women. Who btw have or will make more history regarding women's NCAA Basketball. I will go out on a limb here. Isn't the Yardbirds a baseball team?

I'll bet you're over 60.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Trinity's Squash team won 252. They have a LONG way to go. BUT....why not them?
Yeah, but they're in a lousy conference and never play a ranked opponent on the road. I have to admit their offensive execution in a game (I believe it's games) is excellent.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Their execution and teamwork is great to watch. They do get a lot less pushback from the defense than in the men's game.

One excellent point made is that they valued every possession and try to make it pristine - played to perfection. That consistent concentration was so lacking with the men. Brimah just gave the ball up too easily or did not produce good offfense. On defense, what suffered with all the crazy gimmick defenses was the ownership and accountability for shutting a dude down. A guy could hit 3 threes and it was like no one own the problem or more importantly the solution.
I like KO and I hope he makes the change necessary. I knows it's not easy for him to do it.
Oh no you didn't Chief.

Reaction Score
Has anyone mentioned how well they do all the fundamentals yet?

tumblr_o9g03mserT1tjdit7o1_500.gif

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
They have bought into some great things about a team being better than the sum of it's parts and flawless execution. Their practices must be something else. Always taking it to another level.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The hate for even discussing women's basketball even though we have a women's board is comical at best. While KO could learn from Geno it wont be from watching UConn women play another women's team. But, who cares why can't we celebrate the fact that the UConn women's basketball program is one of the greatest of all-time across any sport.

Reaction Score
The hate for even discussing women's basketball even though we have a women's board is comical at best. While KO could learn from Geno it wont be from watching UConn women play another women's team. But, who cares why can't we celebrate the fact that the UConn women's basketball program is one of the greatest of all-time across any sport.

Because there's a board specifically dedicated to that with people a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about it?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Because there's a board specifically dedicated to that with people a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about it?
So you admit that the women's fans are a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about basketball than the men's fans?

Reaction Score
The game was a passing clinic. 30 assist on their first 31 baskets. Any coach could learn how the girls space the floor and move the ball so quick, unselfishly and take only could shots. Also Collier, who is undersized really knows how to seal off her defender to get great position inside as she slides across the lane. Superb offensive execution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom