OT: Kia Nurse | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Kia Nurse

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe not the best player in the country. Haven't seen them all, so can't say.
But she is certainly the most fun to watch of any player on the best team in the country, and despite the scoring averages of Collier and Samuelson, she might very well be the most important player on the team.
Half court offense really bogs down when she's not in the game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Half court offense really bogs down when she's not in the game.

Defense may suffer more.

She is the one who erases the mistakes in the defense and covers when someone gets beat.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was most concerned about Maryland and Baylor with regards to match ups for UConn. So I'm thrilled by this loss.
And your second concern is no longer an issue.

Reaction Score
And your second concern is no longer an issue.
Man, not only is UConn really freaking good, they've had some uncommon luck. Maryland/Baylor going down is just one example.

The best, of course, is that in the first of their 4 titles they got Louisville in the title game rather than the 1-loss Griner led Baylor team or the Stanford team that has beaten them numerous occasions. They did get the Notre Dame team that seemed to own them, but their 2013 title in a "transition" year really is the bridge that makes them look indestructible. If they get this title too...

Reaction Score
Many see the Kenna-Bazz phenomena as the key. ..

Did the thread really go 5 more pages with this comment getting a free pass? This does not come across as a typo.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The HBO show is going to give UCONN an even bigger recruiting edge than they already have. The show is great and shows both how Geno makes the players better, but also how well the players get along on and off the court. High School players are going to say, "I want to be a part of that." I love when top players go to other schools and try to spin it like they chose not to play at UCONN. The truth is UCONN can only take a few players per year and the players that went elsewhere either weren't seen as the best fit or didn't make the cut.

Reaction Score
Did the thread really go 5 more pages with this comment getting a free pass? This does not come across as a typo.
Called auto correct try in iPhone ...Kemba

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The HBO show is going to give UCONN an even bigger recruiting edge than they already have. The show is great and shows both how Geno makes the players better, but also how well the players get along on and off the court. High School players are going to say, "I want to be a part of that." I love when top players go to other schools and try to spin it like they chose not to play at UCONN. The truth is UCONN can only take a few players per year and the players that went elsewhere either weren't seen as the best fit or didn't make the cut.
I had intended to make a post on the HBO series, UConn: The March to Madness, and what a huge recruiting advantage that is and compare it to when the board went apoplectic on the Coach K Amex commercials and the advantage it gave them.

I have no idea how any high level female basketball player in high school wouldn't want to go to UConn, be taught by the best, have the best facilities, have an insane family/team culture, win National Championships and have the best path to a professional career after seeing that series.

It should almost be a violation. But it isn't and could only be done about a team that has won 100+.

Ridiculous advantage.

Reaction Score
I had intended to make a post on the HBO series, UConn: The March to Madness, and what a huge recruiting advantage that is and compare it to when the board went apoplectic on the Coach K Amex commercials and the advantage it gave them.

I have no idea how any high level female basketball player in high school wouldn't want to go to UConn, be taught by the best, have the best facilities, have an insane family/team culture, win National Championships and have the best path to a professional career after seeing that series.

It should almost be a violation. But it isn't and could only be done about a team that has won 100+.

Ridiculous advantage.

They have EARNED that advantage.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do not appreciate having my Kia Nurse thread hijacked by you people.

If you want to talk about something else, please start a new OT thread.

And be sure to tag deepster.

Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom