OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's only hitting .182 in the series but with a .550 OBP. The Sox are trying to not let him beat them by walking him.
So what you are saying is that the Sox have taken the other guys best player out of the game. They counter by putting him in the lead off spot and he goes 0-5. No credit to the manager here?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
View attachment 35350

Yep. Look at gray shirt guy. His hand is on the wall. Now look at the red dots. At best they are at the wall though his hand seems to be forward of his body. Now look at orange shirt guy. His hands (blue dots) are good 6"-12" in front of gray shirt guy. He's in the field of play.
Now look at red shirt guy. He's hammered.

Reaction Score
I know the numbers don't back me up but I'm convinced Bregman is the best I've seen do it at third, the guy is a machine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now look at red shirt guy. He's hammered.
Nah, it was still early and he's a big guy. He can go another 6 beers easy.

Reaction Score
Devers is a first baseman, possibly a Dan Hurley. And the fact that his weight and conditioning are already an issue at 20 is rather concerning.

He needs significant growth at the plate to play 1b as well.
Not sure where your getting the weight thing from. Red Sox literally just said that they were pleased with his weight.

Reaction Score
I know the numbers don't back me up but I'm convinced Bregman is the best I've seen do it at third, the guy is a machine.
Crazy thing is, he was looked at as a below average 3rd baseman. You’re right lol, absolute wizard over there so far in this series

Reaction Score

Machado is the best fielding 3rd baseman since Brooks. There a reason he won a platinum glove. Rest of baseball never got to be wide eyed at his artistry cause he was playing in Baltimore

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nah, it was still early and he's a big guy. He can go another 6 beers easy.
But based on your scale he's around 2' off in his judgment of where the ball is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But based on your scale he's around 2' off in his judgment of where the ball is.
Yep and his hands are behind blue shirt guy.

Reaction Score
That doesn't show anything. You don't have to hit the wall for it to be out of the field of play and fans can be reaching and still be out of the field of play. The only good angle is a side angle and it is still highly debateable with that angle.

How can the fan with arms reaching forward not be in the field of play if his body is leaning against the fence?

Are we talking about our 3 dimensional world here or are you judging this according to the multiverse?

Reaction Score
View attachment 35350

Yep. Look at gray shirt guy. His hand is on the wall. Now look at the red dots. At best they are at the wall though his hand seems to be forward of his body. Now look at orange shirt guy. His hands (blue dots) are good 6"-12" in front of gray shirt guy. He's in the field of play.

Exactly. And it's not even close.

I mean, all the talking heads on ESPN this morning agreed with what you're saying here.

But I guess they are Boston Homers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would say this was payback for Ed Armbrister but that was a bad call and this was the right call.

Reaction Score
Crazy thing is, he was looked at as a below average 3rd baseman. You’re right lol, absolute wizard over there so far in this series
Yep, converted shortstop. Last year in the playoffs he was making unreal plays too. This is really where these teams are so much better than the Yankees. Outside of the third base position for the Red Sox and all the passed balls by Maldonado the defense is pretty much great to outstanding everywhere else.

Reaction Score
The crowd is leaning over the fence. How could he not be in the crowd?

I don’t expect you guys to see it any other way. Lol but again easy to argue either way his gloves in the crowd ball hit in the crowd, HR.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It’s not like they didn’t have a camera there. It was unnaturally obstructed

You keep saying things that everybody knows. We've all seen the photo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that the Sox have taken the other guys best player out of the game. They counter by putting him in the lead off spot and he goes 0-5. No credit to the manager here?

All due credit to Cora. Guy probably should be manager of the year, given the division they play in.

That said, it still doesn't mean he's the best manager in baseball full stop. Needs more of a track record to make any sort of judgement like that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

He's been insane in the field this series.

Reaction Score
Do you even know what "proactive" means?

Leaving Kimbrel in to load the bases and pitch to Bregman is not an example of "proactive".

And as for "best manager", give me Melvin or Counsell. Both got a lot more done with a lot less to work with. Hell, Melvin lost his entire starting rotation. Counsell barely had a rotation to start the season.
Have you seen the Brewers lineup? A lot less to work with are you kidding? They're stacked. Cora took a 93 win team with a shaky bullpen and two holes at 2nd and 3rd, added 15 wins and beat the snot out of the Yankees who on paper have a better overall roster. With the arms available last night it was ride or die with Kimbrel. I'd rather have half of Kimbrel in that situation over Hembree or burning Price or ERod from being able pitch a game 5. He still has the rest of the series to worry about this series isn't over.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
YThis is really where these teams are so much better than the Yankees. Outside of the third base position for the Red Sox and all the passed balls by Maldonado the defense is pretty much great to outstanding everywhere else.

More Twilight Zone stuff. Guy's a great defensive catcher.

Devers just sucks at defense at this point in his career. He's real young, so has an opportunity to work on that. He's still 6-8 years from his prime.

Reaction Score
Watch it in slo-mo. Without fans the ball is in the middle of Mooie's glove. Justice was done.

Reaction Score
I don’t expect you guys to see it any other way. Lol but again easy to argue either way his gloves in the crowd ball hit in the crowd, HR.

That's irrelevant. Was the crowd leaning over? That's the question.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

So much hand ringing over this. I get it's a tight and heated game, but the Sox have been playing better all-around ball, so it's not like this one play totally swung the series.

And yes, if the roles were reversed, I'd say the same thing. I'd be pissed that they were outplaying us.

Reaction Score
Have you seen the Brewers lineup? A lot less to work with are you kidding? They're stacked. Cora took a 93 win team with a shaky bullpen and two holes at 2nd and 3rd, added 15 wins and beat the snot out of the Yankees who on paper have a better overall roster. With the arms available last night it was ride or die with Kimbrel. I'd rather have half of Kimbrel in that situation over Hembree or burning Price or ERod from being able pitch a game 5. He still has the rest of the series to worry about this series isn't over.
Brewers lineup is stacked? It's Cain, Yelich, and Braun surrounded by all journeyman .250 hitters. Braun is a shell of himself since he stopped with the juice and is a .250 hitter now, Cain is a really light hitting solid .290-.300 hitter, and Yelich is MVP this year but was a bit of a nobody before this season. So a light hitting .290-.300 guy leading off, the MVP, and everyone else is journeyman .250 hitters.

That's about as far as it gets from being stacked.

Reaction Score
Brewers lineup is stacked? It's Cain, Yelich, and Braun surrounded by all journeyman .250 hitters. Braun is a shell of himself since he stopped with the juice and is a .250 hitter now, Cain is a really light hitting solid .290-.300 hitter, and Yelich is MVP this year but was a bit of a nobody before this season. So a light hitting .290-.300 guy leading off, the MVP, and everyone else is journeyman .250 hitters.

That's about as far as it gets from being stacked.
Jesus Agular had 35 HR's, 108 RBI's and a 890 OPS after a 837 OPS last year, did you forget about him? Yelich is a 800+ OPS hitter year in and year out, a Nobody? Cain is going to finish top 5 MVP they added Schoop and Moustakas and have Shaw who have all been more consistent and than Devers, Nunez or Kinsler and Holt combinations. The Sox lineup is the best in baseball but the Brewers are easily top 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom