OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Pearce has been making some great picks at first and that what the heck was up with that dive into the dugout? No Sox propped him up?? :eek::D

Great flexibility over there on those stretches.

And yes those picks are what the Sox were not getting from Hanley.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it was the Strohs dugout he tumbled into.
Yep you are right I'm going to go back and edit that before I get 100 replies correcting that. :eek:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lol, really? I have to look. It doesn't feel that way all. Maybe my feelings about his fielding are coloring my memory.
CDD381B4-AC31-48A4-952E-3D74D3CEEB51.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great flexibility over there on those stretches.

And yes those picks are what the Sox were not getting from Hanley.

Moreland has been the 1B all year, and he's a Gold Glove caliber defender. As was Pedroia back in the day. Not sure he will ever play again. Kinsler is a + defender, and Boagaerts is average. Devers is below average, but has a good arm. Nunez is awful. Holt, tolerable.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Take your pick! Melvin, Hinch, Cora, Counsell. All marginal players. Torre Lovullo, Dave Roberts, Kevin Cash. The list goes on!

That's mostly always been the case. There aren't many instances of a star player becoming a good manager. You could even say the best players usually make awful managers (see Williams, Ted). The only HoF players I can think of that were decent managers were Cap Anson and Frank Robinson. The only others with more than 1,000 wins who were All-Stars seem to be mostly Yankees (Torre, Martin, Stengel). Then you've got Davey Johnson, Lou Boudreau, Jim Fregosi and Felipe Alou. The other 55 managers with >1000 wins were mostly marginal players.

Reaction Score
The worst homerun call since Jeffrey Maier

Betts has no right to the ball when it's over the yellow line going into stands. That's a homerun no if and or but about it

He has a right to make a play on the ball. If the fan's arm is in the field of play, and it hits Betts in the field of play, then it's interference.

the Q

Reaction Score
Moreland has been the 1B all year, and he's a Gold Glove caliber defender. As was Pedroia back in the day. Not sure he will ever play again. Kinsler is a + defender, and Boagaerts is average. Devers is below average, but has a good arm. Nunez is awful. Holt, tolerable.

Sox were one of the 2 or 3 worst situations at 2b and 3b this yeR in all of baseball.

You’re right that Moreland and kinsler are good. But kinsler doesn’t play everyday anymore. But I loved that move.

Yes who knows what we get from Petey for the next few years. I never liked that contract to begin with.

the Q

Reaction Score
Damn it, I turned designated hitter into dan Hurley again.

Is there a way for me to get that autocorrect turned off? Even if just for OT threads?

Reaction Score
He has a right to make a play on the ball. If the fan's arm is in the field of play, and it hits Betts in the field of play, then it's interference.

Mookie glove was in the fans area not the playing field area

Reaction Score
Mookie glove was in the fans area not the playing field area

No, it wasn't. Not even close.

How could the glove be in the area when a guy leaning against the fence has his arms out toward the field making contact with Mookie's glove when the ball arrives?

Reaction Score

How could the glove be in the area when a guy leaning against the fence has his arms out toward the field making contact with Mookie's glove when the ball arrives?

Thats the thing when the fan closed Mookies glove that was in the field of play, if the fan had grabbed the ball that might have been ruled a hr.

Reaction Score

And Tom Brady and the Patriots never cheated. You're the biggest Boston homer on this board.

I'm not a Sox fan perse but my uncle played for them and I pull for them when my team isn't involved. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost. Mookie is even quoted as saying when he reached over the wall his glove hit a fan hand and closed prematurely

His glove was not in the playing area. Pictures prove this

Reaction Score
And Tom Brady and the Patriots never cheated. You're the biggest Boston homer on this board.

I'm not a Sox fan perse but my uncle played for them and I pull for them when my team isn't involved. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost. Mookie is even quoted as saying when he reached over the wall his glove hit a fan hand and closed prematurely

Are you OK?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

How exactly is the playing area defined?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Easy to be successful with that roster.

Sox got lucky there. Period. Bregman's ball doesn't get caught, Cora looks like an idiot.

I mean, you can't call everything luck, else there's no skill involved. Bennie's catch was skill, not luck.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Counsell and Melvin did a great job but they finished with 15 and 11 less wins than Boston and both (especially Counsell) had a much easier schedule. The AL East was stacked.

I know they added Martinez, but Cora took a roster that was the same as last year’s without Pedroia and added 15 wins to a team that was already best in their division. Hard to really knock the guy even if you wouldn’t call him the best.

Not gonna get into 'best manager' debate, as I think it's too early to call for some of these guys careers. Let them get a few years under their belt.

But you can't just brush off 'they added Martinez'. He's the key to this entire lineup. Mookie was the best player, But Martinez was the MVP for the Red Sox. Given how he affects the whole lineup 1 through 9.

You saw what happened last year when they removed the big bat (Papi). It was ugly for everybody else.

Reaction Score
Really? Betts hasn't hit the wall at the moment of impact, and the fan up against the fence is clearly leaning forward.

View attachment 35349
That doesn't show anything. You don't have to hit the wall for it to be out of the field of play and fans can be reaching and still be out of the field of play. The only good angle is a side angle and it is still highly debateable with that angle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1539875970094.png

Yep. Look at gray shirt guy. His hand is on the wall. Now look at the red dots. At best they are at the wall though his hand seems to be forward of his body. Now look at orange shirt guy. His hands (blue dots) are good 6"-12" in front of gray shirt guy. He's in the field of play.

Reaction Score
View attachment 35350

Yep. Look at gray shirt guy. His hand is on the wall. Now look at the red dots. At best they are at the wall though his hand seems to be forward of his body. Now look at orange shirt guy. His hands (blue dots) are good 6"-12" in front of gray shirt guy. He's in the field of play.
lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom