OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, just wrong. The picture tells the story. How in the world can a fan, leaning against the fence, arms forward, be considered behind the fence? Look at the picture. The fans are right up against it. Arms forward.

The side angle was obscured, no one saw anything because of the guy blocking it.

Worth noting that the top of the fence is "in play", so he has to be behind the back side of the fence. I think it was interference and that without it Mookie makes the catch and possibly doubles off Springer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mookie and JD essentially no shows but Devers and JBJ carrying the team.
Devers? He got a big hit last night but I worry whenever he's up and cringe when a ball is hit toward third. After relief, a third baseman should be tops on the Red Sox shopping list. Betts glove has been critical for this team that late inning rope to second last night was huge and of course Benintendi catch. Agree regarding Martinez though.

Reaction Score
Fan reaches over fence and touches player making a play on the ball. It's interference, even if the ball has crossed over the fence. Simple concept.
Again, what? That would be on the playing field. If the ball is in the crowd it's fair game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Devers? He got a big hit last night but I worry whenever he's up and cringe when a ball is hit toward third. After relief, a third baseman should be tops on the Red Sox shopping list. Betts glove has been critical for this team that late inning rope to second last night was huge and of course Benintendi catch. Agree regarding Martinez though.
He’s hitting about .500 I think

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The comments on the bullpens have been interesting. I don't think Boston's has been great, they kept giving up runs and Kimbrel has been awful in every game he's pitched in the post season.

If Houston's looks worse than expected it is probably because their starters aren't going deep into games and they are facing the best, and most balanced offense in baseball. That Astros bullpen is normally pitching 2-3 innings, not 6-7 a game. Same thing happened in the Yankees series. Knock the starter out and then a normally great bullpen is called on to get way more outs than normal.

Boston has a significant edge on the offensive side, and probably a better overall defense aside from 3rd base. So Houston relies on great pitching to win games, and aside from Verlander, they haven't had it.

CL82

Reaction Score
Fan reaches over fence and touches player making a play on the ball. It's interference, even if the ball has crossed over the fence. Simple concept.
That's the way I read the rule as well. No fan interference over the way, but the batter is out if the fan reaches onto the field of play and interferes with a player. West got it right and did it without indecision of hesitation. He's one the best.

Reaction Score
Devers makes some silly errors, but has much better range and reactions than Nunez still. He'll end up being average there. He's still very young. As a hitter it's clear that he has great bat speed and feel for hitting, but right now he simply chases too much. His O-Swing% is 37.3% which would be 20th worst in the big leagues. It's the same issue that has plagued Jose Abreu and kept him from keeping up his initial success. Can't keep expanding your zone for big league pitchers. Ask Salvador Perez, who pitchers barely even pitch to anymore because he'll chase anything.

CL82

Reaction Score
He’s hitting about .500 I think
Lol, really? I have to look. It doesn't feel that way all. Maybe my feelings about his fielding are coloring my memory.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Seriously? He has the talent to be a top 2-3 third baseman in all of baseball. He's still like 20 years old or something. His defense is mediocre, but it's better than Nunez who is terrible over there. He will improve, it's nothing physical. He's been superb at the plate in the post-season.

Reaction Score
Problem exists on the receiving end of my communication . . .
If the fan reaches on the playing field it's interference, if the player reaches into the crowd and there is contact it's not in the field of play and not interference. Not sure why you're struggling with this.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Devers makes some silly errors, but has much better range and reactions than Nunez still. He'll end up being average there. He's still very young. As a hitter it's clear that he has great bat speed and feel for hitting, but right now he simply chases too much. His O-Swing% is 37.3% which would be 20th worst in the big leagues. It's the same issue that has plagued Jose Abreu and kept him from keeping up his initial success. Can't keep expanding your zone for big league pitchers. Ask Salvador Perez, who pitchers barely even pitch to anymore because he'll chase anything.
Seriously? He has the talent to be a top 2-3 third baseman in all of baseball. He's still like 20 years old or something. His defense is mediocre, but it's better than Nunez who is terrible over there. He will improve, it's nothing physical. He's been superb at the plate in the post-season.

Devers is a first baseman, possibly a dh. And the fact that his weight and conditioning are already an issue at 20 is rather concerning.

He needs significant growth at the plate to play 1b as well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If the fan reaches on the playing field it's interference, if the player reaches into the crowd and there is contact it's not in the field of play and not interference. Not sure why you're struggling with this.

Because he disagrees with the assertion that the contact occurred in the crowd. So do I. I think it happened on the field side of the wall or above the wall, which is in play.

Reaction Score

I'm not the one struggling. You are still caught up with where the ball is. Stop your post after the first comma and we are in agreement.

CL82

Reaction Score
Devers is a first baseman, possibly a Dan Hurley. And the fact that his weight and conditioning are already an issue at 20 is rather concerning.

He needs significant growth at the plate to play 1b as well.
Pearce has been making some great picks at first and that what the heck was up with that dive into the dugout? No Sox one propped him up?? :eek::D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The worst homerun call since Jeffrey Maier

Betts has no right to the ball when it's over the yellow line going into stands. That's a homerun no if and or but about it

Reaction Score
If the fans reached for the ball instead of the glove would it be ruled a hr, Ron Darling was saying it was interference because the fan closed Betts glove.

CL82

Reaction Score
Seriously. The Red Sox defense down the third base line has been porous in the post season. Don't see him as a top third baseman in the least. Better than Nunez though.

Reaction Score
Pearce has been making some great picks at first and that what the heck was up with that dive into the dugout? No Sox propped him up?? :eek::D
Pretty sure it was the Strohs dugout he tumbled into.

the Q

Reaction Score
Seriously. The Red Sox defense down the third base line has been porous in the post season. Don't see him as a top third baseman in the least. Better than Nunez though.

The Sox infield defense as a whole isn’t good.

X is a 3b. Devers is a 1b/dh. Nunez is a soccer player.

1b seems to be their strongest infield position outside of c. Although kinsler is quite good at 2b, he just can’t hit right now.

Crazy to think this series might be over with a decent 3b defender in game 1

the Q

Reaction Score
Pretty sure it was the Strohs dugout he tumbled into.

I will say its kind of an u written code to still catch the guy and not let him kill himself there lol

Reaction Score
Pearce has been making some great picks at first and that what the heck was up with that dive into the dugout? No Sox propped him up?? :eek::D
Astros dugout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom