OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Reaction Score
That was one crazy game. Felt like I lost at least a year off my life. Not as bad as the 2004 semifinal against Duke (more at stake there) but this was nerve wracking.

WTH is wrong with Kimbrel? This isn't a good way to live if you want to win a World Series.
Kimbrel has no control last postseason against the Astros either... feel like he’s trying to be too perfect

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was featured in my daily Bloomberg email yesterday. They called it "a luxury tank".

6000 lbs... I guess if you can afford that thing you're not worried about mpg.

Owners of that don't worry about much of anything.

Reaction Score
Felt like Red Sox completely dominated that game and yet 2 runs were taken off the board (debateable if right call) and Astros were a couple inches from having a walk off win. The teams are evenly matched but Boston has that magic thing going for them right now. Every single close play is going their way. Kimbrel owes everyone on the team a steak dinner.

Reaction Score
Really wanted Springer to get up to the plate with a chance to add to his October mystique. Dude is a postseason beast.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That is such an idiotic comment. Cora is the best manager in the game.

Easy to be successful with that roster.

Sox got lucky there. Period. Bregman's ball doesn't get caught, Cora looks like an idiot.

Reaction Score
Felt like Red Sox completely dominated that game and yet 2 runs were taken off the board (debateable if right call) and Astros were a couple inches from having a walk off win. The teams are evenly matched but Boston has that magic thing going for them right now. Every single close play is going their way. Kimbrel owes everyone on the team a steak dinner.

That was the series tonight for both teams, now that the Redsox won obviously they are up 3-1 can go into game 5 against Verlander with Price on the mound and a pen game with no Kimbrel (good for the Sox I guess) with house money, and 2 games in Fenway, on the flip side the Astros had won its Verlander against price in a monumental game 5. Crazy how the pendulum swings in a series based off of this game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Sox got lucky there. Period. Bregman's ball doesn't get caught, Cora looks like an idiot.
Wrong again. Cora played to win and won. He's proactive and making the right calls. If's are for losers.

Reaction Score

And put in who Price LMAO

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really surprised Pressly sucked tonight.
I wasn't. Good managing by Cora. He had the guys prove Pressly could get that slop pitch over the plate, don't help him. He couldn't, they lose.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wrong again. Cora played to win and won. He's proactive and making the right calls. If's are for losers.

Do you even know what "proactive" means?

Leaving Kimbrel in to load the bases and pitch to Bregman is not an example of "proactive".

And as for "best manager", give me Melvin or Counsell. Both got a lot more done with a lot less to work with. Hell, Melvin lost his entire starting rotation. Counsell barely had a rotation to start the season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wasn't. Good managing by Cora. He had the guys prove Pressly could get that slop pitch over the plate, don't help him. He couldn't, they lose.

JHC you are so full of it tonight. Do you even follow baseball or are you just a homer?

Reaction Score
Do you even know what "proactive" means?

Leaving Kimbrel in to load the bases and pitch to Bregman is not an example of "proactive".

And as for "best manager", give me Melvin or Counsell. Both got a lot more done with a lot less to work with. Hell, Melvin lost his entire starting rotation. Counsell barely had a rotation to start the season.
Counsell and Melvin did a great job but they finished with 15 and 11 less wins than Boston and both (especially Counsell) had a much easier schedule. The AL East was stacked.

I know they added Martinez, but Cora took a roster that was the same as last year’s without Pedroia and added 15 wins to a team that was already best in their division. Hard to really knock the guy even if you wouldn’t call him the best.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JHC you are so full of it tonight. Do you even follow baseball or are you just a homer?
Please, your Grady Little comment is something only a sports talk radio wannabe thinking he was clever would come up with. Cora had a plan in mind, Kimbrell was going to have to be the man. Plan worked and now the team is setup for the rest of the games. Everyone said the Sox bullpen sucked going in but Cora has managed them brilliantly. They’ve outperformed the opposition to date. If they lost today maybe some dopes would kill Cora but most would say “OK, this one didn’t work.”

But it did work.

Reaction Score
I dont really understand how that play is under debate, no matter if its over the wall or not its still interference. But Benny did save us there, what a play.

Reaction Score
I dont really understand how that play is under debate, no matter if its over the wall or not its still interference. But Benny did save us there, what a play

Rule 3.16...”no interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However should a spectator reach out on the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder Tom catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectators interference”.

Based on the side angle they showed to start the next inning they got it wrong. There should be no debate he reached over the fence free ball they blew it.

Mookie also said he was going to catch it there was no proof his glove was aligned.

Reaction Score
I see the rule now but idk in both of these pictures it seems before the wall.

Imgur
But even if you think otherwise its not like its ridiculously obvious.

Reaction Score
You mean just Benintendi. Lol

Reaction Score
I see the rule now but idk in both of these pictures it seems before the wall.

Imgur
But even if you think otherwise its not like its ridiculously obvious.

He’s in the crowd and crossed but it’s close enough to argue either way I guess.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Been texting with my Stros buddy, he has been saying the bullpen is a major strength all season. This series they either throw it in the dirt for a passed ball or almost hit the batter with every pitch, when they do every once in a while find the strike zone they get rocked.

Pressly: Most unhittable pitch in MLB. Didn't have it last night, it seems.

Stros pen is indeed top 3 in MLB. But BoSox are 9th, which isn't too shabby either. Interesting that Brews pen, which is 4th best, also being manhandled by Dodgers (except Hader).

The one thing about the Astros pen everyone seems to agree on (other than Astros fans) is that nobody really wants to see Osuna do well. Guy is fairly universally despised for his off-field actions.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What if Mookie’s doesn’t get caught in the top of the 9th?

Then Pearce scores. Maybe Holt too. But entirely different scenario. Hinch had lifted Sipp, who put the first two guys on. Brought in McHugh, who got a flyout and then hit JBJ. Perfectly normal to let McHugh face Betts there. OTOH, Kimbrel walked the bases loaded in the 9th, and wasn't even near the catcher's target on most of his pitches. Nor was history on his side - going into the inning he hadn't had a save of more than 4 outs. By the time Bregman stepped up, Kimbrel had already thrown more pitches than in any game in 2018. Can't see any other competent manager leaving Kimbrel in the game in that spot.

Of course Waquoit will say that's Cora's brilliance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom