OT Jackie BradleyJr | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Reaction Score
He has absolutely carried the offense. Incredibly clutch hitting the past three games.

Reaction Score
Mookie and JD essentially no shows but Devers and JBJ carrying the team.
Pearce and Bogaerts have been solid too.

The problem is that Mookie, JDM, 2B, and C have all been outs consistently. That’s half the lineup there

Reaction Score
Mookie and JD essentially no shows but Devers and JBJ carrying the team.
I wouldn't say that about Mookie. He had led off the previous two games with hits and helped set the tone and silence the crowd. Yes, not that .340 average but not a no show. Also, JBJ hit .282 in the second half of the regular season which was mentioned by the commentator that's been wearing the funny glasses.

That fourth inning from Porcello was huge although he did give up that wimpy home run. Bought Cora 3 more outs and especially important with a likely bullpen game tomorrow.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Has 9 RBI so far which is only 2 behind Big Papi's 11 in 2004 ALCS ...

Reaction Score
#sourgrapes

Yep, look at this pic:
i

Reaction Score
You can see the guy on the far right with the light gray shirt leaning his arm directly out from his shoulder, while his hand is on top of the fence. From looking at this picture, I would say the ball is not yet into the fan area, still about over the yellow. All the fans in the first row are up against the fence with arms extended forward.

Reaction Score
You can see the guy on the far right with the light gray shirt leaning his arm directly out from his shoulder, while his hand is on top of the fence. From looking at this picture, I would say the ball is not yet into the fan area, still about over the yellow. All the fans in the first row are up against the fence with arms extended forward.
I was kind of half listening... The commentators mentioned that the statement MLB gave them was that it was inconclusive right? Or did I get that mixed up? Either way, it's a tough spot to put any umpire in... Just imagine if this was Angel Hernandez instead.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Tough spot here... don't want Barnes to be the goat, but do want the Stros to score both those runners.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Joe West was the umpire at Wrigley there would be no Steve Bartman.

He's graded out as one of, if not the best umpire this playoffs no? iirc anyway

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Tough spot here... don't want Barnes to be the goat, but do want the Stros to score both those runners.
Barnes with that wicked curve to escape!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Well they do have this camera aligned with the fence specifically to determine whether a ball went over or not.

1539836043645.png

Yeah, I'd fire that security guy.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I was kind of half listening... The commentators mentioned that the statement MLB gave them was that it was inconclusive right? Or did I get that mixed up? Either way, it's a tough spot to put any umpire in... Just imagine if this was Angel Hernandez instead.
Basically that West ruled it interference and the call stood because the camera angle along the wall was blocked by a security guard leaning over the wall oddly enough which they showed later. Essentially like football replay call on the field was gonna stand.

Reaction Score
He's graded out as one of, if not the best umpire this playoffs no? iirc anyway
I have no idea but cowboy Joe has always sucked, he's the Joey Crawford of baseball. Doesn't take away from there is no Bartman if fatboy Joe was making the call.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Barnes has been great as has Boston's whole bullpen, Houston's has been a disaster. That's the difference in the series.

Really surprised Pressly sucked tonight. Guy has been lights out for two months.

Also questioning what kind of work Hinch and Strom were giving Morton in October. Chuck pitched all of four innings in past 37 days and no live game work in past 17. Showed up with poor command and 2-3 mph less velocity tonight.

Reaction Score
Really surprised Pressly sucked tonight. Guy has been lights out for two months.

Also questioning what kind of work Hinch and Strom were giving Morton in October. Chuck pitched all of four innings in past 37 days and no live game work in past 17. Showed up with poor command and 2-3 mph less velocity tonight.
Been texting with my Stros buddy, he has been saying the bullpen is a major strength all season. This series they either throw it in the dirt for a passed ball or almost hit the batter with every pitch, when they do every once in a while find the strike zone they get rocked.

Reaction Score
Red Sox clicking on all cylinders, give them the hardware right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom