OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Reaction Score
I have a different viewpoint now. Mookie is most definitely wrong he was not catching that one, no shot. But the guy interfered no matter over the fence..... good call

Mau..... Watch the slow-mo. Mookie's glove was right there and open until a fan (or fans) hit his glove and his glove closed and the ball hit the center outside of his glove right at the webbing. He was all lined up to make one of the greatest catches in playoff history.

Reaction Score
Read the first few pages, but can't read all of them in the thread right now, so hope this wasn't mentioned specifically elsewhere. My issue with Cora bringing Kimbrel in for a six out save is that he's never done it before, he's had trouble being successful in save situations of more than one inning and most importantly, why try this while he's not been pitching up to his normal standards? Was something wrong with Barnes? He got the last out of the 7th successfully, his curve looked great, thought for sure he'd be coming back out for the 8th. The commentators didn't mention anything being wrong with him. Not sure what Cora was thinking, but this move was very questionable from the beginning for reasons mentioned earlier. Barnes has been pitching well in his recent appearances and had a three run lead to work with, so why not leave him in for the 8th? Additionally, he's been pitching better than Kimbrel this post-season. This way you'd also have CK for his normal 9th appearance with only three outs to get, where he's shown he's much more comfortable and dependable.Though I think Cora has done a great job overall this season, just not sure why he thought CK was the best option in the 8th.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
People really underestimate how good athletes some baseball players are.

ftfy

Not an athlete:

1539896009446.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm still laughing at anyone second guessing Cora. If he thinks Price is the right call tonight, it's the right call.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Price has the best chance to pull a gem out of his butt. So you start him. He has the talent. If he fails, you plug in E-Rod who can probably go 5 innings from a physical perspective. It gives you a shot, which is all you can ask for against Verlander. Moreland is back, which will help.
On it's face, there is no downside for Cora to this decision, other than the uncertainty of what Sale can do on Saturday. The Sox definitely try to win the game, but it is not all hands on deck like Game 2 was. No one is expecting Price to spin a gem, but with the bullpen as toasted as it is, I am hoping against hope for 6 innings.

On the other hand Verlander is...well, still Verlander. I fully expect him to throw a quality start and I fully expect the Astros to win. If they do though, it's only one game and Verlander will me unavailable for the rest of the series. Maybe an Inning in game 7, but I don't expect it to come to that. Of course I've been wrong before.

Reaction Score
Totally off topic, but all I can think of when I hear Jackie Bradley Jr is this guy. I may be the only person to make this leap.

Jackie Rogers Jr. played by Martin Short on SNL.

1539899073402.png

Reaction Score
On it's face, there is no downside for Cora to this decision, other than the uncertainty of what Sale can do on Saturday. The Sox definitely try to win the game, but it is not all hands on deck like Game 2 was. No one is expecting Price to spin a gem, but with the bullpen as toasted as it is, I am hoping against hope for 6 innings.

On the other hand Verlander is...well, still Verlander. I fully expect him to throw a quality start and I fully expect the Astros to win. If they do though, it's only one game and Verlander will me unavailable for the rest of the series. Maybe an Inning in game 7, but I don't expect it to come to that. Of course I've been wrong before.
Agreed, I’d much rather have price throwing this game against verlander in Houston than him starting game 6 or 7 in Boston. It’s not a throwaway game by any means, but if they lose it can act like one.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And Tom Brady and the Patriots never cheated. You're the biggest Boston homer on this board.

I'm not a Sox fan perse but my uncle played for them and I pull for them when my team isn't involved. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost. Mookie is even quoted as saying when he reached over the wall his glove hit a fan hand and closed prematurely

His glove was not in the playing area. Pictures prove this
Why the freaking anger? 95% of the experienced umpires and sportscasters say it was the correct call but you are right? I'm a Cubs fan,My father played minor league ball and coached for years (so what!!!!) and I say it was interference because I saw it that way and a majority of folks agree. The thing I would be pissed off about it I were Betts, Cora or Red Sox fan is that he makes that catch its a sure double play

Reaction Score
Agreed, I’d much rather have price throwing this game against verlander in Houston than him starting game 6 or 7 in Boston. It’s not a throwaway game by any means, but if they lose it can act like one.

Tonight's house money. Get back to Boston and take one.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry, last night was the series. I

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry, last night was the series. I

You think so? I'm not so sure. I expect the Astros to win tonight. Is what it is. I have no idea what to expect out of Sale on Saturday (though obviously hoping for the best. Thankfully the bullpen should be reset), and going back to what Kevin Millar said before Game 4 of the '04 ALCS: "In Game 7? Anything can happen."

Reaction Score
100%. Sox can play with house money tonight. I hope we see Price, ERod and Hembree only tonight and save the other arms for Saturday. Unless Price surprises and pitches well, then make anyone available but Sale.

Reaction Score
You can see the guy on the far right with the light gray shirt leaning his arm directly out from his shoulder, while his hand is on top of the fence. From looking at this picture, I would say the ball is not yet into the fan area, still about over the yellow. All the fans in the first row are up against the fence with arms extended forward.
At first I thought the ball was in the stands which would have made it a bad call. Closer look shows Betts in front of the wall with fans reaching over. It was close but West made the right call.

Reaction Score
That ball wasnt even reachable for the fans not even close, funny to see those fans holding their hands back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom