OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Based solely on content in this thread, I feel comfortable in announcing that Red Sox fans have surpassed Yankee fans as being the least objective and biggest homer baseball "fans" in the universe, and with continued performance like we've seen in this thread, may surpass nouveau Cubs fans before the WS is over.

Reaction Score
Based solely on content in this thread, I feel comfortable in announcing that Red Sox fans have surpassed Yankee fans as being the least objective and biggest homer baseball "fans" in the universe, and with continued performance like we've seen in this thread, may surpass nouveau Cubs fans before the WS is over.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Cool. Going to the World Series.

Reaction Score

Classy post . Hope you enjoy the next week of hoopla and mlb games.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Classy post . Hope you enjoy the next week of hoopla and mlb games.

It should be a well played series. I'll watch. But I'll be rooting for the mid-budget ($157 mill) Dodgers from the league that still plays real baseball!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Sox won 108 games in the regular season then crushed 2 100-win teams in the post-season. The posers trying to throw shade have the objectivity problem.

"Posers", lol. Just calling 'em like I see 'em.

You have a xwOBA of .000.

Reaction Score
Amazing stat - Boston is 5-0 on the road in the playoffs against 100 win NY and 103 win Houston. Really unbelievable.

115 total wins this year regular season and postseason.

And kudos to Price. Best game, considering the circumstances, that he's pitched in a Sox uniform. 3 days rest. Just like Lowe on 2 days rest against NY in the 2004 ALCS. Just outstanding.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It should be a well played series. I'll watch. But I'll be rooting for the mid-budget ($157 mill) Dodgers from the league that still plays real baseball!

Gimme the DH 100/100. Chicks dig the long ball.

Besides, paying 100 bucks to see some guy hit about as poorly me every other inning or two just sucks.

C

Chief00

Amazing stat - Boston is 5-0 on the road in the playoffs against 100 win NY and 103 win Houston. Really unbelievable.

And kudos to Price. Best game, considering the circumstances, that he's pitched in a Sox uniform. 3 days rest. Just like Lowe on 2 days rest against NY in the 2004 ALCS. Just outstanding.
Agree. Price was really good.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Gimme the Dan Hurley 100/100. Chicks dig the long ball.

Besides, paying 100 bucks to see some guy hit about as poorly me every other inning or two just sucks.

So you're a chick?

In the NL, pitchers came to bat 4805 times during 2018. There are 15 teams. 162 games. That's 1.977 plate appearances per game by pitchers per team. Less than two. Since complete games are all but meaningless these days, the last 4-5 innings you'll generally see pinch hitters instead of pitchers at the plate.

fwiw, over the past three years, the difference between AL offense output and NL offense output is negligible.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don’t doubt that. You haven’t gotten anything right the entire thread.

If I haven't gotten anything right, then that means you don't think Cora is manager of the year in the AL (which I posted upthread).

Make up your mind.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Gimme the Dan Hurley 100/100. Chicks dig the long ball.

1) yeah pitchers hitting is abysmal. They are so mad and so many bench players are wasted on useless pinch hitting solely because of it.

People using bumgarner to try and justify it need to realize bumgarner isn’t a good hitter either. He’s pretty bad too.

2) I’m happy that someone else besides me got hit with the dan hurley autocorrect for the designated hitter.

the Q

Reaction Score

Yeah. Incredible. I’m glad people remember the Lowe redemption angle of that year as well.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So whats your point?

Reaction Score
At first look it appeared that Mookie's glove was in the stands but on replays it showed that he was actually about 3 feet from the wall. No question that the fan reached over. It was a very close call but after replays I think West got it right but the call was so close that it could be argued either way.

Reaction Score
And JBJesus is the ALCS MVP with 3 hits and 9 RBI. Lowest avg (.200) to win a championship series MVP.

Man, the Gonzales dinger off Barnsey hurt! Hoping he'd get out of there clean.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
1) yeah pitchers hitting is abysmal. They are so mad and so many bench players are wasted on useless pinch hitting solely because of it.

See post #238 above.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Price has the best chance to pull a gem out of his butt. So you start him. He has the talent. If he fails, you plug in E-Rod who can probably go 5 innings from a physical perspective. It gives you a shot, which is all you can ask for against Verlander. Moreland is back, which will help.

Called it. Price is a guy with plenty of talent, he needed his mind right. Bring on on NL weak sauce so we can bring home a trophy.

the Q

Reaction Score
So you're a chick?

In the NL, pitchers came to bat 4805 times during 2018. There are 15 teams. 162 games. That's 1.977 plate appearances per game by pitchers per team. Less than two. Since complete games are all but meaningless these days, the last 4-5 innings you'll generally see pinch hitters instead of pitchers at the plate.

fwiw, over the past three years, the difference between AL offense output and NL offense output is negligible.

Are you too young to get that reference?

the Q

Reaction Score
See post #238 above.

So you're a chick?

At least he briefly mentions park factor. But he is apparently ignorant about how the leagues are no longer separate and haven’t been for almost 20 years.

I don’t care if the nl doesn’t have the dh for their entire run. But the World Series needs to be universal. Having 2 sets of rules is ridiculous. It’s like the nba having 4 games in the finals be 5 on 5 and 3 games being 3 on 3.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
But the World Series needs to be universal. Having 2 sets of rules is ridiculous. It’s like the nba having 4 games in the finals be 5 on 5 and 3 games being 3 on 3.

That analogy might work if there were a competing league that played 3 on 3. Which could actually be fun to watch at a pro level. In those rare instances where you end up with 4 on 4 in hockey (including goalies), it's entertaining.

Are you too young to get that reference?

What reference?

I'm an old fart. But I do believe in advanced metrics for the most part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom