OT: Giants | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was way out of control Scoe. I was embarrassed as a Giants fan and had to watch some replays with my hands over my damn eyes waiting for the next ugly result. Fact is he does play with passion but today was more from an immature side than prior. He'll be fine, they will sit him down and hopefully it's an opportunity to educate him. Love the kid.

I agree, I have gotten past the point of caring whether the Giants win or not. I hope Odell is suspended partly because the last 2 games are meaningless. I would rather lose out then win this stupid division.

Reaction Score
I don't care enough to know exactly what he said after the game, but he certainly did nothing to deserve the cheap shot he got; being my whole point, which apparently eluded you

This is a guy who DROVE on the highway with his pregnant girlfriend hanging on top of the car, talking about how classless Beckham is. You can't make this up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Gotta admit, the pregame baseball bat thing and OBJ feeling "threatened" is hilarious. Even more preposterous actually.

shc.png

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
Gotta admit, the pregame baseball bat thing and OBJ feeling "threatened" is hilarious. Even more preposterous actually.

Holy cow.

Reaction Score
Mike francesca was pretty spot on about beckham when he opened his show today. His actions were uncalled for and everyone in the giants organization from owners to coaches to players are also at fault. They allow him to do whatever he pleases because he is a huge talent

Reaction Score
Man this has turned out to be quite a topic today. I live in Charlotte and had to turn off the radio in the car. They act like Norman was a victim and Beckham is the worst person who ever lived.
Beckham got what he deserved, 1 game suspension. Good Lord, he didn't kill anyone. Some NYG fans want to trade OBJ, really? Trade a once in generation receiver over 1 game? Come on, let's all get a grip. Norman goaded OBJ and he fell for it. Norman is an ass, OBJ has to do better as a teammate.

Reaction Score
It was all even both off the rails till that hit Odell put on Norman. That hit sure could have had serious consequences for either one. That's what separates there equally culpable argument.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Some NYG fans want to trade OBJ, really? Trade a once in generation receiver over 1 game? Come on, let's all get a grip. Norman goaded OBJ and he fell for it.

Please trade him to the Patriots. We'll give you our first round pick in the upcoming draft. :cool:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Man this has turned out to be quite a topic today. I live in Charlotte and had to turn off the radio in the car. They act like Norman was a victim and Beckham is the worst person who ever lived.
Beckham got what he deserved, 1 game suspension. Good Lord, he didn't kill anyone. Some NYG fans want to trade OBJ, really? Trade a once in generation receiver over 1 game? Come on, let's all get a grip. Norman goaded OBJ and he fell for it. Norman is an ass, OBJ has to do better as a teammate.

I'm definitely not in the worst person who ever lived category, but we'd all be singing a different tune if that cheap shot to the head had ended in a serious injury. That sh_t was dangerous.

Reaction Score
Seems like Odell's the ass, no? His team took the L and all everyone is talking about today is how clownish he looked yesterday.

Norman goaded OBJ and he fell for it. Norman is an ass, OBJ has to do better as a teammate.

Reaction Score
Here is video of the Panthers player coming up to Beckham, in team stretching area, with the bat before game. I am sure he was just wishing him well.

Reaction Score
Here is video of the Panthers player coming up to Beckham, in team stretching area, with the bat before game. I am sure he was just wishing him well.

I guess this is okay then? Beckham should know not to bring fists to a bat fight.

Reaction Score
What doesn't add up with the suspension is that, early in the season, the NFL only fined Adam Jones for slamming Amari Cooper's head against his (Cooper's) helmet. Jones has a much worse track record and even said he might do it again under similar circumstances.

Also on Sunday, the center for the Steelers did the same sort of "head-hunting" that Beckham did on one of the Broncos safeties. He was penalized for it and will most likely get fined later this week, but there's no talk of suspending him.

If Beckham crossed the line by using his helmet as a weapon, why weren't other players in similar situations also suspended? Or is this another example of Goodell's claim that the league rules are applied evenly to everyone?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What doesn't add up with the suspension is that, early in the season, the NFL only fined Adam Jones for slamming Amari Cooper's head against his (Cooper's) helmet. Jones has a much worse track record and even said he might do it again under similar circumstances.

Also on Sunday, the center for the Steelers did the same sort of "head-hunting" that Beckham did on one of the Broncos safeties. He was penalized for it and will most likely get fined later this week, but there's no talk of suspending him.

If Beckham crossed the line by using his helmet as a weapon, why weren't other players in similar situations also suspended? Or is this another example of Goodell's claim that the league rules are applied evenly to everyone?

Beckham also racked up three personal fouls and could have been flagged another three or four times, easily. And that's on top of the intentional helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman.

Reaction Score
The officials also should be suspended for letting it get out of control, and why didnt any of Beckham's teammates or coaches at anytime step up and try to restrain him, or get in Norman's face, that sums up the Giants season a bunch of .

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

shc.png

Thats hilarious. The Panthers were doing nothing more than a Pro Wrestling type psyche out (does anyone REALLY believe that they were going to run over and start hitting Giants with bats? Cmon). Beckham (if there was any doubt before) has proven that he is the easiest player in the NFL to put on tilt. You better believe you are going to see more of it now that he has shown how easy it is. Million dollar talent with a 10 cent head. Thats a bad combo. Great receiver too.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Beckham deserves the suspension. The head hunting hit was atrocious. The very definition of letting your emotions completely take over your body and decision making. It's going to be very hard to curb that too as he's obviously got a tough time with keeping them in check during a game. It's unfortunate because he seems like a good kid otherwise.

He handled the postgame well though, and we'll see how he handles the suspension. Norman, on the other hand, continues to be a complete clown.

Reaction Score
Beckham also racked up three personal fouls and could have been flagged another three or four times, easily. And that's on top of the intentional helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman.

Minus the obvious big boo boo helmet to helmet, how many did they miss on Norman? The first one was him not Beckham remember a tackle and throw to the ground. Lets' not make this all one way there plenty of others with both and some of you are looking at Norman as some good guy, he's more of a clown than Beckham ever was.

Reaction Score
He appealed it? If so he'll serve it in a meaningless game if and when the Giants are eliminated. Pro football is a game of baiting and trash talking which the fans don't hear everything. Usually the focus is on the last guy giving a shot. Even when he's not being thrown to he carries the offense drawing coverage so when they try to take him out as they clearly did he fought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom