OT: Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a Giants fan, I have to say we could use more players with the passion of Odell Beckham. Does he need to channel it better? Yes.

But I much prefer erring on that side to erring on the side of being subdued and putting up with getting our asses kicked like many of the Giants seem content to do.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Odell did some real stupid things today BUT has long way to go to even share the same stupid space as Dez
Dez is pure PR_CK plain and simple - he deserves the Cowboys as they deserve him
IF Odell continues down this path then I lose respect for him
One game does not make someone a Dez

Reaction Score
What Beckham did was almost criminal, and I'm a Giants fan. I really referring on his spearing that kid in the face with his helmet. Both players were acting up though.

upload_2015-12-20_18-21-29.png

Reaction Score
What Beckham did was almost criminal, and I'm a Giants fan. I really referring on his spearing that kid in the face with his helmet. Both players were acting up though.

View attachment 11464

OBJ should have been thrown out. To not see Tom C on the sidelines in his face is surprising and frustrating. Seems they were being too nice to the young man when he needed an a** kicking.

Reaction Score
gtcam said:
Odell did some real stupid things today BUT has long way to go to even share the same stupid space as Dez
Dez is pure PR_CK plain and simple - he deserves the Cowboys as they deserve him
IF Odell continues down this path then I lose respect for him
One game does not make someone a Dez

Odell is not Dez off the field, but he is getting close on the field.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
OBJ should have been thrown out. To not see Tom C on the sidelines in his face is surprising and frustrating. Seems they were being too nice to the young man when he needed an a** kicking.

The hope is a teamate aggressively calls him out in the locker room. Guy needs to be reminded no one is above the team. If they let this go, it is only going to get worse. He was screaming at his position coach at one point.

Reaction Score
Odell is not Dez off the field, but he is getting close on the field.

If it continues maybe but please let's see more than one game people. The kid was a ridiculous fool and a rotten kid but normally it's just passion. He's been a good kid, Dez has never been anything but an a**, big difference.

Reaction Score
The hope is a teamate aggressively calls him out in the locker room. Guy needs to be reminded no one is above the team. If they let this go, it is only going to get worse. He was screaming at his position coach at one point.

He was nuts and I'm not sure what could possess a guy to worry about revenge on #24 more than his team. It was amazing to me he stayed with it? Wow

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yes, way better.

Putting on the Big Blue glasses, I see. Just like many others in this thread. Don't worry Giants fans, he's still Jerry Rice reincarnated! And he's really a great guy who just had a little bit of a rough day.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
If it continues maybe but please let's see more than one game people. The kid was a ridiculous fool and a rotten kid but normally it's just passion. He's been a good kid, Dez has never been anything but an a**, big difference.

Obviously Beckham did not have a game previously. The truth is, no player has. 3 personal fouls, should have had another on his td celebration, and he speared into a guys helmet after a play when the player wasn't looking. Hard to top that. He threw a Haymaker in the bills game and acts like a child in others.

He gets a pass from the league because he is a star. If he wore the wrong color sneakers, that would get more scrutiny from the nfl.

I am really interested to how he explained it to the press. If it's anything like him not accepting responsibility in the bills game, then he will continue going down the Dez bryant, Terrell Owens path.

Reaction Score

TC stands on the sideline with both ears covered by his headset and does nothing. There comes a time when a team needs a new leader and it as come for the Giants. Reese should also be fired as the Giants have no linebackers or safeties that would play on other teams. They are brutal.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Norman should be given one free spear on the side of beckhams head. As a giants fan, who owns an OBJ jersey, he deserves to sit for a game. Norman may have started it, but Beckham took it somewhere unnecessary.

Reaction Score
Norman saw a young sensitive star receiver and bought an entire acre of land in his head. It was game over at that point.

Reaction Score
Cam is really good and having fun out there. Slamming him and then trying to exonerate Odell's actions is odd. I really like them both and Odell will learn from this and Cam is young and having the time of his life out there. Just enjoy it and I hope they make the super bowl.

Reaction Score
Norman saw a young sensitive star receiver and bought an entire acre of land in his head. It was game over at that point.
Well until the last Giants drive when he couldnt stop him

Reaction Score
That is so anti-Tom Coughlin that I have a theory.
Coughlin tried to calm him down in the past and was told by someone in the past (maybe Reese, ownership who know) to just cool it and let the kid do what kids do.
So now he's like F it, you don't want me to touch him I'll let him embarass the organization and just ignore it while it makes the organization look like a clown show.
I'm a giants fan and he was way over the top...but still happy as hell he's on our team. Hopefully the next coach will help him keep his cool.

Reaction Score
Cam is really good and having fun out there. Slamming him and then trying to exonerate Odell's actions is odd. I really like them both and Odell will learn from this and Cam is young and having the time of his life out there. Just enjoy it and I hope they make the super bowl.

Someone exonerated OBJ's actions? Didn't see that wow I need to read these again.

Cam's good, don't like him or his style but it's ok if others do. Not big on guys who look so hurt and 3 and out's and look to be out for 4 weeks and come back in, do well and "glide" around the field like an idiot. He's not the only one I get mad at OBJ for the gyrations too hate it. It's just most QB's tend to just run to their receiver and hug him, tap him on the helmet, high chest him or something. He likes to do his own thing, its different you can like it, I don't. No biggie right 'yell? All good!

Reaction Score
By the way why do people always put OT threads in here or other places when we have a Pro Sports forum?
i always found that odd.

Reaction Score
That is so anti-Tom Coughlin that I have a theory.
Coughlin tried to calm him down in the past and was told by someone in the past (maybe Reese, ownership who know) to just cool it and let the kid do what kids do.
So now he's like F it, you don't want me to touch him I'll let him embarass the organization and just ignore it while it makes the organization look like a clown show.
I'm a giants fan and he was way over the top...but still happy as hell he's on our team. Hopefully the next coach will help him keep his cool.

Maybe, sounds reasonable. Still he has to step in NO? The kid was whacked, thinking "if you want to play it will stop NOW or else go through that FN tunnel now hurt your teammates.." Crazy reaction by him, think a lot was embarrassment.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yep I will be watching closely. Notice he completes passes he can run around and celebrate. When he doesn't he winces in pain. Left the field twice today like his season was going to end but when something good happens there's nothing. Can't stand guys like that. He's all about HIM.

But they're playing really good. Giants are really awful - can they forfeit that last 2?
You haven't been paying attention. clearly the best 6-8 team in world history.

Reaction Score
Here's my take on the game.
I live in Panther country so I really wanted a W today. I am proud of the way they fought back today, 28 unanswered points is not easy. The Giants are just not a good team and they have had a chance to win just about every game this year. On OBJ - he played like a complete ass today. The dropped td was huge on the first drive. Still love the guy, hopefully he learns from today and becomes a better person.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Huge Giant fan here and the way Beckham handled himself today was an pretty embrassing to the franchise.

Never seen one guy get so off tilt over the course of a game. Was just bizarre.

I'm not about to take the angle that Beckham's actions necessitate an apology or that I was offended or outraged, but it was honestly painful seeing a guy come so unwound.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And there is not a better receiver in the nfl today.

Antonio Brown imo. More complete than OBJ. Def Better with the ball in his hands. Perfect route runner. Very good punt returner. Can rush out of the backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom