OT: Giants | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
At this point there's no reason to keep McAdoo past tomorrow. Let Spags finish the season and hire a new coach next year

Reaction Score
At this point there's no reason to keep McAdoo past tomorrow. Let Spags finish the season and hire a new coach next year
yep
Collins is going from all-pro to mushroom cap. Thats coaching and desperation.

Reaction Score
"Long-suffering" Giants fans are funny.

Must be fun for Pats fans who are "football just started in 2000 fans" huh? F off...you want funny the fact you think you guys are "fans" is funny. Couldn't even find a tee shirt or hat for 30 years until then LOL

Reaction Score
He has lost a team like no other 11-5 previous year coach, time move on NOW. He's proven last year was more the reality than this year he's gross. Next..

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Must be fun for Pats fans who are "football just started in 2000 fans" huh? F off...you want funny the fact you think you guys are "fans" is funny. Couldn't even find a tee shirt or hat for 30 years until then LOL

Every time my uncle says "we" in reference to the Pats, I remind him that in the 80s and 90s, "we" meant the Niners. "I just liked Joe Montana a lot." Right!

I mean, there certainly always have been die-hard Pats fans, but football was never that important in Boston until Brady and Belichick arrived.

Jets fans are real football fans. They follow a terrible, terrible franchise but they're passionate about their consistently awful team. They're masochists, but you gotta tip your cap.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Reese and McAdoo need to be gone come the end of the season.

We'll have a high pick and if a QB is available that the new front office deems worthy of that selection, you take them.

Try to revamp the line as much as we can and give it a final shot with Eli in 2018.

Come 2019 the new QB and Davis Webb will have to win the job with Eli gone.

I must say I was willfully blind and bought into the McAdoo and Giant hype coming into this season.

I hate tanking as I think it's toxic to the culture of the organization but if we finish 1-15 so be it.

P.S. lord help them if they take a running back with a top 5 pick. QB or OL.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every time my uncle says "we" in reference to the Pats, I remind him that in the 80s and 90s, "we" meant the Niners. "I just liked Joe Montana a lot." Right!

I mean, there certainly always have been die-hard Pats fans, but football was never that important in Boston until Brady and Belichick arrived.

Jets fans are real football fans. They follow a terrible, terrible franchise but they're passionate about their consistently awful team. They're masochists, but you gotta tip your cap.
I
There are fans like that for every successful team. But the Patriots has plenty of fans in the Grogan, Eason, and Bledsoe eras. And quite a bit of success too. Every coach back to Chuck Fairbanks (1973) was over .500 except Rod Rust (1 season) and Dick McPherson (2 seasons). I became a fan around 1976.

QB stability has been impressive. Except around 1988-92, they have only had 5 QBs (ignoring injury starts). Plunkett, Grogan, Eason, Bledsoe, Brady

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the Pasqualoni days, terrible.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
if there is an Elliott type RB available in the draft - take him
How many OLs have they taken in the draft?
Go with free agents there
And QB - any draft choice worth anything will be a step in and play guy- what do you do with Eli?

Reaction Score
if there is an Elliott type RB available in the draft - take him
How many OLs have they taken in the draft?
Go with free agents there
And QB - any draft choice worth anything will be a step in and play guy- what do you do with Eli?
There is that type of RB available, Saquon Barkley from PSU. And I wouldn't touch him with a top 5 pick. The shelf life of a RB is so short that I don't even think it's worth the investment. Give me the franchise QB, especially as a franchise that is so rarely in a position to be able to take that kind of a player.

Reaction Score
Fire the coach and GM. Trade Odell for a couple solid linemen. Draft an RB and we're good. One more crack with Eli while looking to the future

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agreed. Collins is the best player on the team and the coach has lost him

Trade Odell? Have you seen what our team is like without him? C'mon now...

Odell is the best player on the Giants and it's not particularly close.

I'm a huge Giants fan, I don't really like or understand Beckham, but he is an absolutely transcendent offensive player.

Reaction Score
Drafting a QB and giving Eli another year or two are not mutually exclusive. They need to start looking for a QB even if Eli was playing at a high level (hes not), dude is going to be 37 before this season is over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom