OT: Giants | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I knew I omitted Buffalo right after posting. Browns improved themselves and have a future so they're out. Lions are bad and Patricia and Pasqualoni leading your team is a joke but they have a legit qb and can put up points. Cards are bad but I would much rather have Rosen than Eli.

It’s shaping up like baseball season with 6 or so mostly hopeless teams.

Maybe the Giants can sign Gordon and get Eli another weapon.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know how the Giants roster made it to 2018 without someone in the organization looking at the OL and saying, hey, guys, I think we might have a problem here.

It's like they have some advanced analytic somewhere that says that blocking is not going to be a big thing any more.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Giants have opened 0-2 5 of the last six years. Good grief.

Reaction Score
Also, for being a 15 year veteran, Eli is the worst QB i’ve ever seen in knowing the gameclock/play clock, it’s comical how unaware he is at like all times.
It's just sad watching him now and sad watching some Giants fans still always trying to deflect and cover for him. We get it, the line stinks but sadly so does Eli. He's a statue (least mobile qb in the league,) he has no internal clock, locks in where he doesn't see open receivers, isn't accurate in the short game, and has even lost his accuracy on the long ball (was once his strength.)

Reaction Score
I don't know how the Giants roster made it to 2018 without someone in the organization looking at the OL and saying, hey, guys, I think we might have a problem here.

It's like they have some advanced analytic somewhere that says that blocking is not going to be a big thing any more.
Supposedly they tried in free agency but got burned, settled on Solder making him highest paid, took Hernandez with second pick. They all are pretty bad but bringing Flowers back let alone naming him a starter is unconscionable.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
People watched that game and thought Eli was the problem?

The guy is getting his pocket collapsed damn near immediately in every drop back.

Yeah, he's an immobile QB..he's been immobile his whole career. The organization failed him by not going fixing the line year after year.

Reaction Score
Buffalo has gotta be 50/50 to be 1-15 or worse.

Arizona is worse too.
If we're going to suck I hope the only teams worse are teams that just picked a QB. Get another top 5 pick and take a QB this time or at least get enough picks for it that you can build an offensive line

Reaction Score

The guy is getting his pocket collapsed damn near immediately in every drop back.

Yeah, he's an immobile QB..he's been immobile his whole career. The organization failed him by not going fixing the line year after year.
Eli still looked awful. There were some sacks where he just stepped right up into the rush and he was missing open receivers all night in favor of barkley checkdowns

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The offensive line needs a shot or should be shot after this game.

The defense is good but the offense needs something like much better line play.

Reaction Score

You watch any Giants game the past couple of years and think Eli is an above average or mediocre QB in the NFL?

Reaction Score

He’s not THE problem, there are too many problems for there to be just one main one. BUT, his immobility behind this line exaggerates everything, his inaccuracy on deep throws, NEVER throwing the ball away when facing pressure, and always settling for dump downs causes 3rd and longs and makes us constantly lose the field position battle. This Dallas secondary is mediocre at best, and with te weapons he has he should be able to carve it up, but at this point he is a bad QB and I would love for this to be his last season, for his sake and ours as fans.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Eli still looked awful. There were some sacks where he just stepped right up into the rush and he was missing open receivers all night in favor of barkley checkdowns

Blame Eli all you want, but the offensive line was terrible and missed a ton of assignments which kept Eli constantly moving backwards trying to move up in the pocket that wasn't there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

What open receivers were you sering that he was missing? Unless you had an All 22 view, I didn't see that highlighted in the broadcast.

You watch any Giants game the past couple of years and think Eli is an above average or mediocre QB in the NFL?

Yes? I think he's a mediocre NFL QB. He can't win a game on his own and his immobility is exacerbated by the horrible line.

Reaction Score
Giants franchise is just way too loyal, its time to move on from Eli, also for his own good.

Reaction Score
Eli is playing horrified. Think he has PTSD from playing football. Not a true baller.

Reaction Score
I could see us start 1-6 or 1-7 and Lauletta is getting snaps at some point in the second half.

Reaction Score
Fact of the matter is if Sam Darnold is on the Giants they are better this year and are better moving forward in the future. No second guess here, I love Eli but he’s at the end of his career and the future franchise QB was sitting there for the taken. It’s very confusing why the Giants were so short sided when it came to taking Barkley over Darnold & if I have to hear about how many weapons & explosive the Giants are, shoot me. Keep drafting weapons it seems to work . Can’t we just get back to Giants football where we dominate at the line and run the ball and sack the QB?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The idea they didn’t try to fix it is a bit of revisionist history.

They threw money at Solder.

Drafted Hernandez at the top of the second round.

Signed Omameh.

Eli being a statue makes it even harder to fix because the defense can tee off on him without any threat he’ll get anything done on the move.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
484C46EF-B348-4E30-B42D-87F4FBF96671.jpeg

What open receivers were you sering that he was missing? Unless you had an All 22 view, I didn't see that highlighted in the broadcast.

Yes? I think he's a mediocre NFL QB. He can't win a game on his own and his immobility is exacerbated by the horrible line.

He wisely took on Smith here..

Reaction Score
The idea they didn’t try to fix it is a bit of revisionist history.

They threw money at Solder.

Drafted Hernandez at the top of the second round.

Signed Omameh.

Eli being a statue makes it even harder to fix because the defense can tee off on him without any threat he’ll get anything done on the move.

Eli’s a statue and seemingly worst than ever. But no matter who’s back there after 2 games to think they look like they succeeded on the OLine or even close is ridiculous. They are Swiss cheese and people are getting through from all angles and fast. Hind sight Darnold may make a few more plays I have to agree but he’d also make a few more mistakes due to the constant pressure. Best way to put it would be 0-2 no matter who because Gettleman and the staff did a crappy job thus far. But I will give them a year they were left with a heaping pile of crap as it was.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eli’s a statue and seemingly worst than ever. But no matter who’s back there after 2 games to think they look like they succeeded on the OLine or even close is ridiculous. They are Swiss cheese and people are getting through from all angles and fast. Hind sight Darnold may make a few more plays I have to agree but he’d also make a few more mistakes due to the constant pressure. Best way to put it would be 0-2 no matter who because Gettleman and the staff did a crappy job thus far. But I will give them a year they were left with a heaping pile of crap as it was.

This is all why the owner’s insistance they double down on Eli is the actual issue.

Reaction Score
This is all why the owner’s insistance they double down on Eli is the actual issue.

I'm not sure about that. I get the QB thing for sure but man I love Barkley hard to say the screwed up on that. They did screw up the O Line though so many better players were available. To keep Flowers just tells you the messed up but again having said that the problem started 2-3 years ago under someone else. With the cap and everything I need to give them more than this past off season to make the right moves, this teams a mess.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
View attachment 34428

He wisely took on Smith here..

It looks like he could have hit Barkley there, or even Beckham in the top right as he headed toward the goal post. There may have been other instances like this as well. My main point is that Eli is already forced to move around the pocket, which doesn't play into his strengths. The deep ball to Lattimer, or the ball to Shepard, to me, shows he still has the arm/skill to make NFL caliber throws.

As much as I've defended Eli - I also was/am very vocal about drafting a young QB and grooming them - I'm not completely blind that he's either at, or near the end of the road. I would have taken Darnold (or any of the other QBs at #2), and then had Eli play this season with the poor line. I absolutely hate half measures, like the Webb 3rd round wasted pick, or the Lauletta 4th round pick. What if they had taken a RT or DE with those picks?

I guess ultimately to all the Eli detractors, who besides the obvious (Rodgers) do you think this team would win with at QB? I don't see any other pure pocket passer getting it done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom