OT: Giants | Page 22 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The good news is we can draft a QB with next year's top-3 pick.

Eli certainly looks bad but the OL is so pathetic I can't even get a good read on how bad. Now the C is down for the count. Oof.

Also, what was with Shurmur punting on 4th and inches from the 50 and then going for it 5 minutes later at his own 30?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes. Le'Veon Bell is perhaps the best running back of his generation. Patient and explosive at the same time. Great receiver, too.

And yet...
Dibjq2cW0AEjJwL.jpg

Steelers have had higher yards per play without Bell. And identical points scored per game:

Running backs are replaceable.

Plus, the Steelers line with the run game is a machine. Almost always been good.

Reaction Score
It's a long rebuild anyway. Thats why they really should have traded this year's pick for more picks
Given all the DL this year and Gettleman's history, I'm not exactly thrilled with what I'm expecting this draft

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't even agree that they listened to the fans with the Eli thing- most of the fans know he's washed and has been for some time.

Really z? That's not the impression I got from Gint fans on this board or in person.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The fact that 90% of the passes are within like 3 yards of the line of scrimmage is so GD frustrating. If this isn’t Eli’s last year next season will be another disaster. Yes the line is pretty damn awful, but having a quarterback who can’t move for his life makes it seem that much worse. You need a mobile QB in today’s game unless you have Tom Brady, and Eli is obviously not anywhere close to that.
Watch replays of other games.Sure to be a QB scamper. Even Ryan does it.Rogers also. Prescott? Pays dividends. Agree with you 100%

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Only silver lining is they could possibly be the worst team in the league and get the #1 pick to get their qb. I'm not even being hyperbolic, the team is basically Barkley. Beckham and a bunch of scrubs.
What gets me is, the Giants lose to the Jags on a traditional tipped pass interception for a TD.Without that, the G-men win. Then the Jags take the Pats to the woodshed. Still shaking my head.

Reaction Score
The right move was to trade down and get as many good draft assets as they could get.
I think with a good line Eli could still be a productive QB...and I thought adding Solder and the 2nd round
Pick were two great adds.
What the hell happened.

Reaction Score
The right move was to trade down and get as many good draft assets as they could get.
I think with a good line Eli could still be a productive QB...and I thought adding Solder and the 2nd round
What the hell happened.

Yeah agree Viking. Carl Banks agrees and still thinks the OLine may be ok still unfortunately need to play together more.....will be too late by the time they mesh if they do at all.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Eli has to be gun-shy after being hit so much. It is a disappointment that the line still has issues but that is a fact right now and Eli is not mobile and never has been

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah agree Viking. Carl Banks agrees and still thinks the OLine may be ok still unfortunately need to play together more.....will be too late by the time they mesh if they do at all.

As long as Flowers plays they're kinda screwed. If you have one (very) weak link, especially at OT, you really can't play as a unit.

Reaction Score
What gets me is, the Giants lose to the Jags on a traditional tipped pass interception for a TD.Without that, the G-men win. Then the Jags take the Pats to the woodshed. Still shaking my head.

Bad teams find ways to lose in clutch situations, and good teams find ways to win in those situations.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The good news is we can draft a QB with next year's top-3 pick.

Eli certainly looks bad but the OL is so pathetic I can't even get a good read on how bad. Now the C is down for the count. Oof.

Also, what was with Shurmur punting on 4th and inches from the 50 and then going for it 5 minutes later at his own 30?

Very Edsall of him. Start over conservative and then get super aggressive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What the hell happened.

Never ever ever ever never ever sign a free agent from New England.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Really z? That's not the impression I got from Gint fans on this board or in person.

Do you really think that if they drafted their franchise QB for the second time in 30 years* that they wouldn't be excited? They'd all buy Darnold/Allen/etc jerseys and keep them in their closet for 10 weeks then all have them on for his first start in November. C'mon.

*I'm not counting Dave Brown...and you thought this year was the first time the Giants idiotically burned a draft pick on a supplemental selection!

zls44

Reaction Score
When this idiot said he wouldn't pick up the phone for ANYTHING for #2 overall, this idiot was not kidding. JFC.

zls44

Reaction Score
Plus, the Steelers line with the run game is a machine. Almost always been good.

Giants offseason plan to fix the OL: let the only 2 competent guys leave, give $60m to one guy, draft the UTEP kid and VOILA! Problem solved! The least mobile QB in the league will surely succeed now!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Never ever ever ever never ever sign a free agent from New England.

Decent player? Agreed.

Very good player? I don't think it matters. Chandler Jones, Aqib Talib, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, et al are totally fine to sign.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Decent player? Agreed.

Very good player? I don't think it matters. Chandler Jones, Aqib Talib, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, et al are totally fine to sign.

If they are letting them go - don’t get in their way.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Belichek likes Solder he just doesn’t believe in massive contracts.

Same with Chandler Jones, Willie McGinest, Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Brandon Cooks, Dion Lewis, Malcom Butler (????)...

Hell they still are nickel and diming Brady

That's a little overblown. I mean, he still making $20million this year. Nothing to sniff at. Tom willing reworks his contract every few years. It's never contentious.

Reaction Score
Belichek believes in position value. He has a $$ level for each position and won’t pay more. He would never take a running back as number 2 in the draft because the slot is way above position value. His method seems to work.

Reaction Score
Belichek believes in position value. He has a $$ level for each position and won’t pay more. He would never take a running back as number 2 in the draft because the slot is way above position value. His method seems to work.

Tom may disagree at least this past Sunday lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom