OT: Giants | Page 21 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Good points about wasted draft picks on QB's the last couple years. The Giants got rid of Brett Jones because the Vikings needed a starter? The front office still sucks. Manning has been unable to quickly pull the trigger on throws and hit open receivers for a while now. Always dumping down for less than first down yardage on 3rd down. I don't think Prescott will ever win a SB but his ability to run the ball helped Dallas win the game. If he was a statue like Manning we might have had a chance. If the Giants practice one thing this week they should teach Manning to throw the ball away instead of take sacks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about that. I get the QB thing for sure but man I love Barkley hard to say the screwed up on that. They did screw up the O Line though so many better players were available. To keep Flowers just tells you the messed up but again having said that the problem started 2-3 years ago under someone else. With the cap and everything I need to give them more than this past off season to make the right moves, this teams a mess.

Drafting Barkley is like a last place baseball team having the best closer in the league.

They can’t fix it because they made the decision to build around Eli. There isn’t a combination of talent they can obtain that will get him over the top.

It’s even more impossible when he counts $22 million against the cap.

The moment they decided to build around Eli they punted multiple seasons.

Reaction Score
Drafting Barkley is like a last place baseball team having the best closer in the league.

They can’t fix it because they made the decision to build around Eli. There isn’t a combination of talent they can obtain that will get him over the top.

It’s even more impossible when he counts $22 million against the cap.

The moment they decided to build around Eli they punted multiple seasons.
True but they are going to suck so hard they will be able to get their qb next draft, so only blowing 1 season in their recovery. Knowing how they operate they will probably blow that as well.

They should have brought in a top qb prospect several seasons ago. Betting on an old Eli was monumentally stupid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
True but they are going to suck so hard they will be able to get their qb next draft, so only blowing 1 season in their recovery. Knowing how they operate they will probably blow that as well.

They should have brought in a top qb prospect several seasons ago. Betting on an old Eli was monumentally stupid.

Yes they may so inept they luck into another opportunity to fix it. I wouldn’t put 7-9 past them yet.

Reaction Score
The problem is that this class is really weak at QB. A ton of pass rushers and OL, but anyone in the discussion for the top QB is borderline top 10 at best.

Reaction Score
The problem is that this class is really weak at QB. A ton of pass rushers and OL, but anyone in the discussion for the top QB is borderline top 10 at best.
It's a long rebuild anyway. Thats why they really should have traded this year's pick for more picks

Reaction Score
A crazy stat about the Giants offensive futility. only 1 time over the past 24 games have they put up 24 points.

Reaction Score
It's a long rebuild anyway. Thats why they really should have traded this year's pick for more picks
They will have a top 8ish pick next draft to get some picks. Solidify the OL over the next two years then go all in on Haskins or Fromm

Reaction Score
A crazy stat about the Giants offensive futility. only 1 time over the past 24 games have they put up 24 points.
And haven’t scored 30 in 34 straight games. That’s all on the O Line though...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm just going to come out and say that my objectivity on the subject of Manning may be somewhat compromised.

If you couldn't already tell, I'm a huge Eli fan. He's been on the team since I've been in high school for crying out loud when I went to his first game against Atlanta at Giants Stadium. He's brought the franchise two unforgettable championships and I've felt like he was never given his due at the top of his game and he's certainly been given too much grief now as he's on his way out.

Aside from Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers, I don't think a lot of QBs would have this Giant unit in the playoffs and I think Eli is an easy target.

I still think he can get a team to the playoffs in the NFL, but it's not going to likely be with the Giants.

No sense in rehashing the same debate week in and week out for the next four months for me at least.

Reaction Score
I agree with last post. But god, he’s like a heavy bag out there. Freaking statue. How is this team not at least somewhat explosive.? Odb Barkley engram Shepherd. Barkley looked good last night considering he had minimal room to do anything. Smh

Reaction Score
You have to have an offensive line to run and pass. I mean they took a chance that Barkely could just break things open on his own and he probably will but Eli needs time to throw and when he has that time can get it done. Problem is that same as ever, he is hurried all game every game.

Reaction Score
For the people who still think Eli is a decent QB, who are the starting NFL quarterbacks you think he's better than?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For the people who still think Eli is a decent QB, who are the starting NFL quarterbacks you think he's better than?
Wrong question. I know you and @whaler11 love to cry over spilled milk, but we took who we took in the draft and we are where we are. The question is, What can realistically be done to address the problem now? We are not getting Eli's replacement this season.

Reaction Score
Wrong question. I know you and @whaler11 love to cry over spilled milk, but we took who we took in the draft and we are where we are. The question is, What can realistically be done to address the problem now? We are not getting Eli's replacement this season.
I was calling for Eli's replacement years ago. It absolutely never should have come to this, it's not how you run an NFL team. Lauletta will get his chance in a few weeks if there is any common sense left with Giants management.

Who is Eli better than?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I am not crying over spilt milk - I’m spiking the ball on anyone who thought drafting Barkley was the right move.

In order to think that was the right move:
- you’d have to miss Eli isn’t cooked
- think the rest of the team was good enough to carry Eli
- completely misunderstand how to win in today’s NFL

It’s fine if fans want to believe things about the roster - it’s inexcusable for management.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Current starting NFL QBs that Eli is better than.

Bradford
Allen.
Trubisky
Gabbert

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was calling for Eli's replacement years ago. It absolutely never should have come to this, it's not how you run an NFL team. Lauletta will get his chance in a few weeks if there is any common sense left with Giants management.

Who is Eli better than?

I'm guessing he's better than Lauletta, but I don't know. I don't watch enough other teams in the NFL to know or say if he's better than any other starters in the league. I agree it shouldn't have come to this, but I can't waste emotional capital being as angry about it as you are. I try to think of ways to make it better, which, again, starts with benching Flowers imo.

I am not crying over spilt milk - I’m spiking the ball on anyone who thought drafting Barkley was the right move.

In order to think that was the right move:
- you’d have to miss Eli isn’t cooked
- think the rest of the team was good enough to carry Eli
- completely misunderstand how to win in today’s NFL

It’s fine if fans want to believe things about the roster - it’s inexcusable for management.

I trusted the conclusion of the people doing the scouting and making the draft picks that they didn't see a franchise QB in that draft. They may have been wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he's better than Lauletta, but I don't know. I don't watch enough other teams in the NFL to know or say if he's better than any other starters in the league. I agree it shouldn't have come to this, but I can't waste emotional capital being as angry about it as you are. I try to think of ways to make it better, which, again, starts with benching Flowers imo.

I trusted the conclusion of the people doing the scouting and making the draft picks that they didn't see a franchise QB in that draft. They may have been wrong.

Then you trade the pick to someone who does.

The owner made the pick anyway so there wasn’t even anyone to trust.

But the current braintrust mocks analytics - that’s been a winning approach in professional sports the last few decades so I’m sure we are in good hands.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I see 6-10 max. Their schedule sucks as bad as their line does. I really enjoyed the extra free time last season. Don't want it this year but I am sure I can stay busy with the conference realignment board.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don't even agree that they listened to the fans with the Eli thing- most of the fans know he's washed and has been for some time. We love and appreciate him, but do you really think Giants fans would've been upset if they took any of these QBs (even crap Allen)? Come on! Eli is the only decent QB they've drafted in 35 years and the entire fanbase loved it. BUT HE'S 35!!!! WHAT. IS. THE. END. GAME. HERE!

Instead they took a kid who's incredibly talented, will probably be a great player and absolutely, positively, will not matter nor change a THING for this franchise. It was a dumb, indefensible waste of a pick. It was the kind of pick that guarantees you will be drafting top 3 for years to come.

Watch, they'll be at 2 overall again and will pass on the OL in an OL-heavy draft because their General Manager is legitimately the dumbest one in the entire sport.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
But the current braintrust mocks analytics - that’s been a winning approach in professional sports the last few decades so I’m sure we are in good hands.

GOOD OLD FASHIONED RUNNING FOOTBALL fart noise blerp I almost hope they go 0-16 to hear who he blames

Reaction Score
Instead they took a kid who's incredibly talented, will probably be a great player and absolutely, positively, will not matter nor change a THING for this franchise. It was a dumb, indefensible waste of a pick. It was the kind of pick that guarantees you will be drafting top 3 for years to come.
GOOD OLD FASHIONED RUNNING FOOTBALL fart noise blerp I almost hope they go 0-16 to hear who he blames

Yes. Le'Veon Bell is perhaps the best running back of his generation. Patient and explosive at the same time. Great receiver, too.

And yet...
Dibjq2cW0AEjJwL.jpg

Steelers have had higher yards per play without Bell. And identical points scored per game:

Running backs are replaceable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom