OT: Giants | Page 23 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tom may disagree at least this past Sunday lol

This past Sunday was total crap show. There was not one positive aspect of the football team during that game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They should let them stay for the season. At this point, they're better off with a full implosion to get the highest draft pick possible. The Jets may regret these wins when they don't go to the playoffs, and don't get a high pick. Of course, the high draft pick won't mean much if the Giants don't get rid of Reese.

Go Yankees... Go UConn... Football is over.

It's going to be a l-o-n-g season for Giants fans. :( To refresh a statement former Cincinnati Reds outfielder Chris Sabo once made: "They don't got nothin' " :confused: The Giants will be LUCKY to finish 8-8. They won't make the playoffs.

upload_2018-9-18_12-44-21.jpeg

Chris Sabo

Reaction Score
Agree and Cowboy fans minus the quick 7 and FG could feel the same.
Wouldn’t say that, their offensive line did very well, obviously their defense killed it, and they had a good running game.

Reaction Score
The good news is we can draft a QB with next year's top-3 pick.
I said top 8 pick earlier in the thread but now I look at the schedule

At Houston
New Orleans
At Carolina
Philly
At Atlanta
Washington
At SF
Tampa Bay
At Philly
Chicago
At Washington
Tennessee
At Indy
Dallas

I don’t see more than 4 wins there. Will be battling it out with Detroit, Buffalo, and Arizona for the top 4 picks

Reaction Score
I said top 8 pick earlier in the thread but now I look at the schedule

At Houston
New Orleans
At Carolina
Philly
At Atlanta
Washington
At SF
Tampa Bay
At Philly
Chicago
At Washington
Tennessee
At Indy
Dallas

I don’t see more than 4 wins there. Will be battling it out with Detroit, Buffalo, and Arizona for the top 4 picks

Screw it I wanna go 0-16.

Reaction Score
Looks like another year I wasted money on DirecTV Sunday ticket. This team is hard to watch.

Reaction Score
An outtake from Ian O'Connor's Bill Belichick biography wasn't hired by George Young as a head coach for the Giants:

“He said, ‘He’ll never become the Giants’ head coach. … George, like others, said, ‘This is an ex-lacrosse player. He’s a disheveled-looking mess most of the time.’ George was big on the other stuff as far as appearance, which is why he was so high on Ray Perkins.”

Young grew up in Baltimore’s Tenth Ward and felt lacrosse was a suburban sport for kids who could afford a stick. He also thought that Belichick would struggle with the media, according to O’Connor’s book.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Young grew up in Baltimore’s Tenth Ward and felt lacrosse was a suburban sport for kids who could afford a stick. He also thought that Belichick would struggle with the media, according to O’Connor’s book.

Well, at least he nailed that bit.

Reaction Score
The good news is we can draft a QB with next year's top-3 pick.

Eli certainly looks bad but the OL is so pathetic I can't even get a good read on how bad. Now the C is down for the count. Oof.

Also, what was with Shurmur punting on 4th and inches from the 50 and then going for it 5 minutes later at his own 30?
Lifetime blue fan here who was not overly excited about a career long losing head coach who came off one good year in which his defensive coordinator carried the water (and the OC made fortunate moves for injuries at qb and rb ) getting the headset. Reece and macadoo certainly dug is a hole though.

Reaction Score
The right move was to trade down and get as many good draft assets as they could get.
I think with a good line Eli could still be a productive QB...and I thought adding Solder and the 2nd round
Pick were two great adds.
What the hell happened.
If it was anyone but saquon I would have sold off that pick. I just feel it was safe and very lucky move to b able to get him. Cleveland being Cleveland!! If rather go after guys going into the second contract and hope for another snee or ohare in the draft. Imagine if will Beatty never broke his retina. He was really coming all along. Flowers is the doom of this team and his three years here are no fluke. Perhaps bobs first year was. The fact the Erick is playing in his natural position now makes it even more obvious that he is not up to this level. There is no way another veteran OL isn’t out there somewhere. It has got to be better. Him being in takes away either a TE RB oroff WR as everyone now has to help his a:;

Reaction Score
Never ever ever ever never ever sign a free agent from New England.
True!! Shows that coaching and systems are the way. Walker may be the only guy to have success away from Billy B.

Reaction Score
With all this going on no one seems to mention that our entire defense is based on our. Dry food but thin secondary. Kudos to Eli apple for turning it (and his head) around. He has been great so far and aside from one good read from DAk they have been fantastic. But my lord will we ever sack a quarterback not called Tom Brady again??!?this is killing me and seeing that Khalil Mack is the early MVP and may get Chicago yes Chicago to the playoffs is tearing my soul out. I say trade shep picks and Evan to Denver for any starting OL and Von.

Reaction Score
True!! Shows that coaching and systems are the way. Walker may be the only guy to have success away from Billy B.

And thats because he played with Peyton Manning and was the 3rd receiver on that team.

Reaction Score
“Talented” isn’t quite the word I would use to describe Wheeler

Reaction Score
Interesting breakdown of the O-Line play from Sunday's game.

Hey Eli had a little more time the first week and honestly didn't look too good. I mean I appreciate everything Eli has done and believe he still has a little but there will be a time. But anyone who even believes they can form yet another argument after week 2 is just ignorant. No one was making anything out of that crap the offensive line gave him, imagine today vs. even better pass rushers. Management did a crap job yet again, no better than Reese thus far but can't give them just 2 games either. Going to be a real rough season again and that blows.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Giants have a chance to recapture NY from the Jets.

Reaction Score
Draft David Pindell ;), honestly he would be the type of qb the Giants could use a mobile qb behind a bad line.

Reaction Score
Draft David Pindell ;), honestly he would be the type of qb the Giants could use a mobile qb behind a bad line.
How did that mobile qb in Seattle fare last week with a line as bad as the Giants

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom