OT: Giants | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
How did that mobile qb in Seattle fare last week with a line as bad as the Giants
Please don't compare Russell Wilson to Eli. Wilson has had zero weapons the past couple of years and was a legit MVP candidate last year. Eli has weapons and has been terrible.

Reaction Score
How did that mobile qb in Seattle fare last week with a line as bad as the Giants

And how bad would it have been if it were Eli? Im not even ripping Eli so much its time to make a change sooner or later.

Reaction Score
Please don't compare Russell Wilson to Eli. Wilson has had zero weapons the past couple of years and was a legit MVP candidate last year. Eli has weapons and has been terrible.

Of course he doesn't. But everyone also knows neither did Eli last year. Marshall hurt, OBJ hurt, Sheppard missed a few and isn't that type of guy and the TE was a rookie and still isn't that smart. When Wilson gets 2 Super Bowls then maybe we can compare. God forbid you admit that thought.LOL

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Draft David Pindell ;), honestly he would be the type of qb the Giants could use a mobile qb behind a bad line.

You gotta fix the line first and foremost. Especially with a young rookie in there. Good way to ruin a career before it starts. Kid getting teed off on for two years will leave him shell-shocked.

I still maintain that's what happened w David Carr. Kid was target practice for 4 years straight. Never recovered and never could find his footing as a result

Reaction Score
Of course he doesn't. But everyone also knows neither did Eli last year. Marshall hurt, OBJ hurt, Sheppard missed a few and isn't that type of guy and the TE was a rookie and still isn't that smart. When Wilson gets 2 Super Bowls then maybe we can compare. God forbid you admit that thought.LOL
Eli has 2 Super Bowls, that's great and all of us Giants fans thank him for that but he's now terrible. This is the same thing you did this whole past year with Ollie. We thank him for the championship but he was terrible and needed to be fired.

Wilson has 1 and was the worst play call in history and 1 yard away from a 2nd but that's besides the point. Do you really think Russell Wilson and Eli are even in the same stratosphere right now as QB's?

Reaction Score
I wasn’t comparing, just making an observation that even the most mobile ab cannot get it done if your ol sucks

Reaction Score
I was impressed today. Had a really good time watching that game.

Reaction Score
Eli played incredibly well, and other than the lull in part of the second half we were moving it pretty effortlessly. The seconday was pretttttty bad for the entire second half though, Fuller and Hopkins were wide open a majority of the time, Betcher is gonna have to look to correct that. Great win nonetheless, offenseive line played pretty well against a formidable front 7

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to see the game but looks like Eli played great, hope he and the team can keep it going but not holding my breath. The Texans are a mess right now but a win is a win and something to build on.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Giants defense is ready for next week

I don’t think they are....... d-backs not really good wish they had DRC..... is Apple healthy yet?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eli was good today.

What in the world has happened to Watson. Houston went from thinking they were set for a decade to the opposite off one injury.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Eli was good today.

What in the world has happened to Watson. Houston went from thinking they were set for a decade to the opposite off one injury.

It's still a little early for him being back to 100%. I don't think you'll see the real deshaun watson until next year. jmo tho

Reaction Score
Hoping Apple and Vernon can return for that one.

Will be a big game in determine the NFC playoff picture (if we're lucky enough to be in the hunt come Dec).

Hopefully bad weather as well, swirling winds at the meadow lands, the Cowboys loss hurts making this game virtually a must win.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Eli was good today.

Just ten months out from the ACL - he's not all back yet.

And the NFL is good at adjusting - they're taking away some of the escape routes and forcing him to stay put.

It'll take a little bit for him to get back physically and adjust to what defenses are doing with him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just ten months out from the ACL - he's not all back yet.

And the NFL is good at adjusting - they're taking away some of the escape routes and forcing him to stay put.

It'll take a little bit for him to get back physically and adjust to what defenses are doing with him.

I know and I guess... but he gave the game away with just decisions in the red zone.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know and I guess... but he gave the game away with just decisions in the red zone.

I thought Houston in general was awful in the red zone - they had the false start near the end of the first half, they opted to run into the teeth of the defense on first and second and goal in the third quarter and then the pick.

They're a bad team. Bad teams do bad things.

You should have watched Kirk Cousins. He threw 55 times and scored six points.

I've never seen a performance like that.

Reaction Score
I thought Houston in general was awful in the red zone - they had the false start near the end of the first half, they opted to run into the teeth of the defense on first and second and goal in the third quarter and then the pick.

They're a bad team. Bad teams do bad things.

You should have watched Kirk Cousins. He threw 55 times and scored six points.

I've never seen a performance like that.

YOU LIKE THAT!!! YOU LIKE THAT!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom