OT: Giants | Page 25 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Eli is the guy, he went 25-29 yesterday and showed what he could do with some time in the pocket. He rolled out one time and I'd like to see a bit more of that. Barkely is a force. The D will be tested big time next week and a win would be a big deal for this season because of 1-3 or 2-2 going forward.

Reaction Score
Maybe a good thing about Engram since they know he's not a great blocker and Ellison is? I don't mean in the sense of an injury but maybe more time for Ellison to help protect and can still make a few plays although not the potential of Evan.

Reaction Score
Maybe a good thing about Engram since they know he's not a great blocker and Ellison is? I don't mean in the sense of an injury but maybe more time for Ellison to help protect and can still make a few plays although not the potential of Evan.
Not in the slightest Mau, teams are not worried about Ellison. Teams gameplan on how to keep Engram in check, I can guarantee that. If you control the middle of the field, you most likely control the game. Very hot take.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not in the slightest Mau, teams are not worried about Ellison. Teams gameplan on how to keep Engram in check, I can guarantee that. If you control the middle of the field, you most likely control the game. Very hot take.

I don't think that's what @mauconnfan is saying at all. Just that Ellison provides an extra blocker along the line that Engram is unable to be. Let's face it, Engram is much more a WR and a TE by name only.

I don't think it's a zero sum game and that they can co-exist on the field in some looks.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's what @mauconnfan is saying at all. Just that Ellison provides an extra blocker along the line that Engram is unable to be. Let's face it, Engram is much more a WR and a TE by name only.

I don't think it's a zero sum game and that they can co-exist on the field in some looks.

Thanks this was my point exactly.

Reaction Score

I know teams are not worried about Ellison but they are happy when the TE (wr) doesn't stay in to help also. And keeping Engram in check hasn't been that tough as of yet he has a ways to go.

Reaction Score
Brady didnt look so good without his weapons, and his line wasnt as bad as the giants last week.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brady didnt look so good without his weapons, and his line wasnt as bad as the giants last week.

What does that prove exactly? Brady had no weapons the first half of his career and did just fine. Won a superbowl without Gronk etc. Though I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait for Edelman and Josh Gordon to get in there. But the problems in the last two games are unfortunately much broader.

This is the second week in a row that nobody played well at all in any phase. Yeah, they are snake bit with injury atm, but that's no excuse for poor execution and what looks like poor effort overall, neither of which is a hallmark of a BB team. The main issue last night was the defense could not get off the field. Offense couldn't get into rhythm.

The biggest difference I've see with this team in comparison to prior years is that they are soooo thin. One or two injuries at key spots and they are in trouble. Right now, without just two guys (Trey Flowers and Patrick Chung), they have no pass rush nor run defense. Contrast that to a usual Pats team who is very deep and relatively insulated from injury. c'est la vie

Reaction Score
What does that prove exactly? Brady had no weapons the first half of his career and did just fine. Won a superbowl without Gronk etc. Though I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait for Edelman and Josh Gordon to get in there. But the problems in the last two games are unfortunately much broader.

This is the second week in a row that nobody played well at all in any phase. Yeah, they are snake bit with injury atm, but that's no excuse for poor execution and what looks like poor effort overall, neither of which is a hallmark of a BB team. The main issue last night was the defense could not get off the field. Offense couldn't get into rhythm.

The biggest difference I've see with this team in comparison to prior years is that they are soooo thin. One or two injuries at key spots and they are in trouble. Right now, without just two guys (Trey Flowers and Patrick Chung), they have no pass rush nor run defense. Contrast that to a usual Pats team who is very deep and relatively insulated from injury. c'est la vie

Im just joking around its still early obviously, Hogan as a 1 receiver isnt gonna get it done hes more of a number 3, Patterson and Dorsett are number 4 and 5 receivers who played a primary role last night. Patricia was prepared last night.The Pats will turn it around like they always do, the path through the AFC looks tougher now then it has been in recent years it will be interesting this year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Im just joking around its still early obviously, Hogan as a 1 receiver isnt gonna get it done hes more of a number 3, Patterson and Dorsett are number 4 and 5 receivers who played a primary role last night. Patricia was prepared last night.The Pats will turn it around like they always do, the path through the AFC looks tougher now then it has been in recent years it will be interesting this year.

Yeah, I'm excited for this season*. Make the Regular Season Great Again. Chiefs, Jags, Chargers are all nice. Plus, a lot of the bottom teams have improved to be middle of the road teams.

This year, my second favorite team to watch is the Browns**. I'm all in on Baker; have been since the draft.

*though, as I said, that's assuming the Pats get and stay healthy. If not, it's curtains. So thin this year. Bill didn't have a great offseason with this roster imo

**never in a million years would I have thought I'd say those words

Reaction Score
I have tickets for next weeks game in Charlotte. Going to give them away. I see no reason to sit through this mess.

Reaction Score
Shurmer is like the Edsall of the NFL, can't fire this guy soon enough.

Reaction Score
Can’t go on national TV talk crap about your coach and QB then drop a 1st down pass and screw up a punt to hand them a TD....
He threw a better ball than Eli has thrown in the past year or so.

Reaction Score
Eli is 12th in QB rating believe it or not. And the pass by Beckham was in the air for five seconds. Thank god there was no one near Barkley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom