OT: Giants | Page 19 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
1st off no qb is perfect as most will make between 60-70% of their throws.

Watch the plays again with the over throw in the end zone, Beckham was run into by the safety throwing off the timing. It should have been illegal contact. The fault of this game belonged to the offensive line. Holding penalties, sacks etc. you give Eli the cowboy offensive line and the giants would have won by at least 10 points. Odell was torching them. Give Barkley some holes he would have ran for 50 more yards. This one was all on the offensive line
Same as it's been for the last few years and yet the Giants organization hasn't done enough to fortify this important area. I was at the game (my one game for the season) and the offense was pretty bad. Defense held their own, especially in the second half. Can't complain about that side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Yeah as I said above I missed the Webb news while I was away last week. That's pretty shocking to me.

I fully agree on the OL and think that should be and can be fixed. I simply don't know what people expect on the QB front. Other than drafting one with the Barkley pick, I don't know what other options people think we should have looked into. I am on board with the Barkley pick so that's why I am where I am with Eli. The Webb move surprises me though.
They never should have been in this position with Eli in the first place. There always should have been a plan in place to have someone take over. Barkley is a transcendent talent and has the right mental makeup but you don't win in this league with an average/below average qb and a terrible line.

Barkley and Beckham are so good they will get their #'s and make us competitive in almost every game (unless it all blows up) but I can already see all the stories down the road about how the Giants wasted the primes of two of the transcendent offensive players in the league.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They never should have been in this position with Eli in the first place. There always should have been a plan in place to have someone take over.
I get that. But we are where we are. I tend to take a "Serenity Prayer" approach to sports fandom with respect to my expectations for my teams:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things my team cannot change;
license to expect them to change the things they can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Given where we are now, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a paradigm-shifting QB change, but I am all ears for those who disagree to tell me what they think we should do. Until I hear something doable, I focus on the things we can change, starting with replacing Flowers with anyone.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The Giants made some moves that will stop the bleeding and keep people coming to the stadium by bringing back Eli, drafting Barkley, and resigning Odell. I don't think we'll see another 3 win season out of them, and they will certainly have some star power.

That said, what's their ceiling? A wild card berth for the next couple of years? They basically have to hope Lauletta is a serviceable QB in a couple years and that they use the cap savings from shedding Eli's deal to build up the D and O line to have a shot at...being a wild card team.

Sure taking a QB either makes or breaks you, but who wants to be mired in mediocrity and end up like the Bengals?

I'm an all or nothing fan (which I guess works well given how the Giants and Huskies hoops have been), so I don't like middle measures.

Only time will tell.

Reaction Score
tenor.gif

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
As far as Webb goes, I think he was just a leftover from the Reese era that the new administration wasn’t on board with and they simply like Lauletta better. Plus we’re in that awkward twilight of the Eli era where he’s probably still good enough for a championship if they can get the other pieces in place.

We’ll see what happens with Webb in the league and hopefully he doesn’t turn into the next franchise QB somewhere else.

Reaction Score
The Giants made some moves that will stop the bleeding and keep people coming to the stadium by bringing back Eli, drafting Barkley, and resigning Odell. I don't think we'll see another 3 win season out of them, and they will certainly have some star power.

That said, what's their ceiling? A wild card berth for the next couple of years? They basically have to hope Lauletta is a serviceable QB in a couple years and that they use the cap savings from shedding Eli's deal to build up the D and O line to have a shot at...being a wild card team.

Sure taking a QB either makes or breaks you, but who wants to be mired in mediocrity and end up like the Bengals?

I'm an all or nothing fan (which I guess works well given how the Giants and Huskies hoops have been), so I don't like middle measures.

Only time will tell.
They have a couple years to improve the O-line. Then go all-in on Haskins or Fromm

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The OLine still sucks, but Eli isn't doing himself any favors. Anyone gonna try to deflect all blame from him again?

Reaction Score
Jets are already the better team and it isn’t close

Draft OL and front 7, then do what you have to to get a solid QB in 2020

Reaction Score
Team needed a total rebuild and I mean a total rebuild, ownership has created an illusion that if we just added a couple of parts well be just fine, they dont wanna tell their fan base that they need to rebuild they wanna tell their fan base that we just need to retool they dont care about winning just making money.

Reaction Score
Team needed a total rebuild and I mean a total rebuild, ownership has created an illusion that if we just added a couple of parts well be just fine, they dont wanna tell their fan base that they need to rebuild they wanna tell their fan base that we just need to retool they dont care about winning just making money.
The Mara Mirage

Reaction Score
The Giants should have trades Eli before the draft. The lousy preseason is the same as last year and it didn't lie. I still would have taken Darnold even if they kept Eli. With a pick at 2 you don't take a RB. Either of QB, LT or best pass rusher. Eli is done. His immobility will ruin the season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This league is not that complicated.

If you have no quarterback and you have the second pick you don’t choose a non-quarterback in the draft.

If you have 2017 Eli Manning and think you have a quarterback you should be relieved of your duties.

Reaction Score
The OLine still sucks, but Eli isn't doing himself any favors. Anyone gonna try to deflect all blame from him again?
Only silver lining is they could possibly be the worst team in the league and get the #1 pick to get their qb. I'm not even being hyperbolic, the team is basically Barkley. Beckham and a bunch of scrubs.

Reaction Score
The fact that 90% of the passes are within like 3 yards of the line of scrimmage is so GD frustrating. If this isn’t Eli’s last year next season will be another disaster. Yes the line is pretty damn awful, but having a quarterback who can’t move for his life makes it seem that much worse. You need a mobile QB in today’s game unless you have Tom Brady, and Eli is obviously not anywhere close to that.

Reaction Score
Also, for being a 15 year veteran, Eli is the worst QB i’ve ever seen in knowing the gameclock/play clock, it’s comical how unaware he is at like all times.

Reaction Score
Shurmur is going to have a long year answering for all the mistakes of Reese, Mara and now Gettleman. It will be the Giants, Lions and Browns at the top of the draft.

Reaction Score
Buffalo has gotta be 50/50 to be 1-15 or worse.

Arizona is worse too.
Yes, I knew I omitted Buffalo right after posting. Browns improved themselves and have a future so they're out. Lions are bad and Patricia and Pasqualoni leading your team is a joke but they have a legit qb and can put up points. Cards are bad but I would much rather have Rosen than Eli.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom