OT: Giants | Page 18 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
This loss was definitely not on Eli. He was 11 for his first 11 yet the offensive line couldn’t run block or pass should have gotten at least 1 or 2 touchdowns in the first half but drops and most importantly they kept committing penalties. This was totally on the offensive line today
12-26 after that, game doesn’t end when his completion percentage drops. He missed some passes, and there were some drops, but he definitely did nothing to win the game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Eli missed Odell twice on third down, and over threw him on a long TD. Saying none of the loss is on Eli is false.

Reaction Score
I can't remember the Giants ever winning a season opener, the year they won 2 superbowls they lost the season opener, if they can't beat the Cowboys next week then they are in trouble, next week will tell a lot about them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1st off no qb is perfect as most will make between 60-70% of their throws.

Watch the plays again with the over throw in the end zone, Beckham was run into by the safety throwing off the timing. It should have been illegal contact. The fault of this game belonged to the offensive line. Holding penalties, sacks etc. you give Eli the cowboy offensive line and the giants would have won by at least 10 points. Odell was torching them. Give Barkley some holes he would have ran for 50 more yards. This one was all on the offensive line

Reaction Score

Watch the plays again with the over throw in the end zone, Beckham was run into by the safety throwing off the timing. It should have been illegal contact. The fault of this game belonged to the offensive line. Holding penalties, sacks etc. you give Eli the cowboy offensive line and the giants would have won by at least 10 points. Odell was torching them. Give Barkley some holes he would have ran for 50 more yards. This one was all on the offensive line
Cowboys gave up 6 sacks to a significantly less talented defense/defensive line.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if the giants lose at Dallas
Their defense will seem like a high school team compared to jax.
I like Sean Lee but I just don’t know how the cowboys defense is going to keep us from scoring 24-32

Reaction Score
Interesting. I could have sworn I saw two game winning touchdown drives orchestrated by Eli.
I could have sworn two years ago in Green Bay in the playoffs he would have started 11-11 and been up 2 TDS at the half if not for four drops by the yacht boys.
Eli’s past his prime but he can still take them far if the rest of te team can just do their job
Losing by a FG or so in the opener against a top defense with a whole new staff and pieces isn’t the end of the world.
Losing to a less talented Dallas team next week would be a lot more alarming to me

Reaction Score
Eli missed Odell twice on third down, and over threw him on a long TD. Saying none of the loss is on Eli is false.

Overthrew him maybe but those who believe in Eli also notice the lock the defender put on him that stopped a half step or step when the ball was already in the air. And those who actually saw the 3rd down play in which the snap was bad and the block by Roberts was even worst know he wasn’t even able to get a grip on the ball as he had to get rid of it immediately.

People see what they want to see. I saw the same team as last year with a real crappy Roberts thrown to the other side of the line to suck there and anEx Pats OL guy who after game 1 looks overpaid. The offense will go only as far as the OLine will take them. For now same ol story.

Reaction Score

Read this after my post glad someone else saw it that way....bingo.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Imagine a Giants team with an OL. Imagine a talent like Barkley getting holes to run through. Imagine Eli getting time to throw to Beckham, Engram and Sterling.

Gotta hope this group improves because it can’t get worse than it’s been the last few years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Welcome to the next two seasons.

Being just good enough to compete but not good enough to make noise.

Watching the prime of 2 electric players be wasted while everyone slowly comes to the realization that their opportunity with the #2 pick to build a foundation for the future was frittered away because they couldn’t understand the limitations of their roster.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the next two seasons.

Being just good enough to compete but not good enough to make noise.

Watching the prime of 2 electric players be wasted while everyone slowly comes to the realization that their opportunity with the #2 pick to build a foundation for the future was frittered away because they couldn’t understand the limitations of their roster.
I get the idea that you’d rather not spend a top 3 pick on a player that may not be around or effective in 6-7 years, but “frittered away”? Barkley just had the most impactful game of all the top 10 picks this week.

And we will see how Darnold looks tonight but I’m not sure any of the QBs this class are really franchise-builders. But anyway, there’s a chance NY will be back in the top 10 of the draft. They have more to worry about than just QB too

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At the risk of "McCaining" Eli to death (that was for you. @superjohn ), he's not perfect and no one is arguing that he is. He is past his prime but likely serviceable with a better OL and a few less drops. I'd love to have the next star QB getting snaps or in the wings, but we don't, unless Webb is the guy (and he, too, may be serviceable). I mean, look at the turd Nick Foles laid, but he still got out of dodge with a W, however ugly.

I think Barkley makes us better than last season, which I understand isn't a high bar.

Let's see how we do on Sunday before we begin writing the obit for this season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get the idea that you’d rather not spend a top 3 pick on a player that may not be around or effective in 6-7 years, but “frittered away”? Barkley just had the most impactful game of all the top 10 picks this week.

And we will see how Darnold looks tonight but I’m not sure any of the QBs this class are really franchise-builders. But anyway, there’s a chance NY will be back in the top 10 of the draft. They have more to worry about than just QB too

In the NFL if you don’t have a QB you have anything.

If you don’t like any of these quarterbacks you trade down.

Barkley just helps them be good enough to end up in the middle of the draft.

I’m not sure how many weeks in a row where we say... wow Eli was only a play or three away... like he is going to start making those plays.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the risk of "McCaining" Eli to death (that was for you. @superjohn ), he's not perfect and no one is arguing that he is. He is past his prime but likely serviceable with a better OL and a few less drops. I'd love to have the next star QB getting snaps or in the wings, but we don't, unless Webb is the guy (and he, too, may be serviceable). I mean, look at the turd Nick Foles laid, but he still got out of dodge with a W, however ugly.

I think Barkley makes us better than last season, which I understand isn't a high bar.

Pretty sure Webb isn’t the guy... being that he isn’t on the team... he’s a Jet.

Reaction Score
In the NFL if you don’t have a QB you have anything.
Who'd the Giants just lose to?
Who'd the Pats lose to just this last SB?
Who carried Minnesota to the NFC Championship game?

If you don’t like any of these quarterbacks you trade down.
I wouldn't have minded them doing that at all

I’m not sure how many weeks in a row where we say... wow Eli was only a play or three away... like he is going to start making those plays.
I'm not sure anyone was ever saying that. We know what Eli is. We've always known what he is. He's clearly on the decline, but as above I don't see his replacement in the top 5 or any of the QBs this class

Reaction Score

Webb got cut a week ago. Our backups are a guy who has been in the league 7 years with 1 touchdown and a rookie from Richmond University.

They have two of the truly elite weapons in the league in Beckham and Barkley and they surround them with arguably the worst offensive line and qb rotation in the league.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Webb isn’t the guy... being that he isn’t on the team... he’s a Jet.
Wow. I missed that last week while I was away. Didn't follow preseason much except for the headlines but thought he had done reasonably well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who'd the Giants just lose to?
Who'd the Pats lose to just this last SB?
Who carried Minnesota to the NFC Championship game?

I wouldn't have minded them doing that at all

I'm not sure anyone was ever saying that. We know what Eli is. We've always known what he is. He's clearly on the decline, but as above I don't see his replacement in the top 5 or any of the QBs this class

Sort of telling that Eli has all those weapons and seemingly finds a way to lose every week.

The guy is cooked and they tripled down on him. It’s insanity - and it’s going to be a week by week progression of fans finally accepting it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow. I missed that last week while I was away. Didn't follow preseason much except for the headlines but thought he had done reasonably well.

They kept Alex Talley so they must really not have liked him.

They picked up 7 guys on waivers on cut day... not a great sign that your roster is going to challenge for a big season.

Reaction Score
Sort of telling that Eli has all those weapons and seemingly finds a way to lose every week.

The guy is cooked and they tripled down on him. It’s insanity - and it’s going to be a week by week progression of fans finally accepting it.
It's nuts and all the more nuts when you know what you have protecting Eli and what you have behind him. They should have been grooming a guy to take over for Eli years ago.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Webb got cut a week ago. Our backups are a guy who has been in the league 7 years with 1 touchdown and a rookie from Richmond University.

They have two of the truly elite weapons in the league in Beckham and Barkley and they surround them with arguably the worst offensive line and qb rotation in the league.
Yeah as I said above I missed the Webb news while I was away last week. That's pretty shocking to me.

I fully agree on the OL and think that should be and can be fixed. I simply don't know what people expect on the QB front. Other than drafting one with the Barkley pick, I don't know what other options people think we should have looked into. I am on board with the Barkley pick so that's why I am where I am with Eli. The Webb move surprises me though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom