OT: Giants | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I may be alone here (although most from my neck of the woods feel as I do) but I don't have any real hatred (as a Yankee/Giant fan) towards the Pats or Red Sox (although I'll never forgived the Sox for blowing the 86 series). I do however find it humorous that many Sox fans view their few recent titles as the equivalent to what we've done. It reminds me of when a PC fan told me their 94 Big East tournament title was worth three of ours.

The closest I have to any animosity is in baseball, towards the Mets and that is very limited. It is also based on (true until ~15 + years ago) their fan base and the number of fans they had (Cowboys have been similar) who a) are only fans when the team is winning and b) know very little about the sport (to my dismay, a lot of those jerks became Yankee fans post 2000 world series).

I won't get overly excited about this super bowl but if tthe Pats win, we will still be the only team that beat Bellichick/Brady and if the Eagles win, our division will be the only one where all four teams have super bowl trophies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How have you trollingly entangled me? I'm not remotely angry about any of this. You've engaged me in discussion, but that's the whole point of a message board.

I come here because there's nothing else to talk about. UCONN basketball? I can recite all the arguments in my sleep. It's like clockwork. I enjoy talking football, even other teams. Roster management, coaching, etc are one of the most interesting things in sports for me. When discussing these things, it's common to reference Belichick, as he's the gold standard.

The Pats are generally brought up by Giants fans first anyway, but in this case, two of the Pats coaches were in the discussion for the job. If somebody posts something incorrect about the Pats, I'll respond and correct the error. But I'm not jumping over hoops to talk about them. And if you think they have a cakewalk every year, I guess you haven't been watching the games. Which is fine.

Back to the Giants. What do you think of the hires? Gettleman/Shurmer/Bettcher

I like the Bettcher hire maybe the best of the three. Ever since he became the Arizona defensive coordinator, they've been comfortably a top 10 defense. Don't know why Arizona didn't hire an offensive HC, and keep Bettcher.

I'm not quite sold on Gettleman. What did he really do with that Carolina roster? And if he was so effective, why did Carolina let him go?

Shurmer did well with Keenum this year. And Teddy B in previous years. I've really haven't the faintest idea about his ability to run a team.
Yeah, you and Waquit are different. You come here to discuss; he just comes here because he's not happy with the Pats success unless he can try and somehow denigrate the Giants in the process. He's done the same thing for years, repeating the same lines like Johnny One-Note, apparently because he still can't come to terms with the fact that his team can't beat the Giants when it counts. Oh well. The world needs ditch diggers, too, I suppose.

As for the Giants, I'm happy enough with the hires and to be done with the McAdoo experiment. I am more concerned about personnel, which will be up to the GM.

Reaction Score
After 1978, Yankee fans couldn't engage a Sox fan without alluding to Dent. It rankled for a while but multiple Sox titles since and no one talks about Dent anymore. Like you couldn't engage without alluding to something that happened multiple titles ago thinking that it might elicit a reaction other than bemusement. And thanks for your concern with my post-season enjoyment. I bet it's a bit higher than yours. Eagles or Pats, who ya got!

"Like you couldn't engage without alluding to something that happened multiple titles ago thinking that it might elicit a reaction other than bemusement. And thanks for your concern with my post-season enjoyment. I bet it's a bit higher than yours."

You are Waq'd, the arrogance is unbecoming but expected. Just typing it brought reaction from you lol. It wasn't all that long ago - Eli 2, Brady 0.

Fly Eagles Fly

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
After 1978, Yankee fans couldn't engage a Sox fan without alluding to Dent. It rankled for a while but multiple Sox titles since and no one talks about Dent anymore. Like you couldn't engage without alluding to something that happened multiple titles ago thinking that it might elicit a reaction other than bemusement. And thanks for your concern with my post-season enjoyment. I bet it's a bit higher than yours. Eagles or Pats, who ya got!

Maybe it’s because you have to be 50 to remember the Bucky Dent HR?

It’s been a little while...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is that wrong?

You seem stunned that people don’t walk around talking about Bucky Dent constantly.

I haven’t talked to anyone about Super Bowl IX all week. Odd.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You seem stunned that people don’t walk around talking about Bucky Dent constantly.

I haven’t talked to anyone about Super Bowl IX all week. Odd.
Being over 50 I meant. Is that wrong.? And you should settle down, you seem to use a bazooka for every little quibble these days.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What, I'm afraid of Giants fans doing their Bucky Dent thing on me?
I watched Bucky Dent's home run from the right field bleachers...as a Red Sox fan. I watched the 2 Super Bowls as a Giants fan. This isn't one of your better posts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It wasn't all that long ago - Eli 2, Brady 0.
Mau, the entire point is that Bucky Dent (and Bill Buckner) went away the second the Sox beat the Cards. Same with the above, the moment Butler picked off that pass. Doesn't matter how long ago it was.

Reaction Score
Mau, the entire point is that Bucky Dent (and Bill Buckner) went away the second the Sox beat the Cards. Same with the above, the moment Butler picked off that pass. Doesn't matter how long ago it was.

Yes it does because you erase everything the Yanks or Giants do in the past 10-15-20 years as ancient history because you elect to start in 2004 with everything, it's a joke Waq. But expected. I get Bucky is ancient history but it's your pattern that is hilarious.

Reaction Score
Cut flowers. Again, Eli’s inaccuracy and the drops kill the team. Odell has two touchdowns if Eli can just throw it somewhat accurately. Run blocking was absolutely atrocious as well. Same old stuff

Reaction Score
Told all y'all Eli sucks. Still can't believe he beat Brady twice in the SB.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I'm not watching the game but how the hell is Flowers still on the team, let alone starting? They had another full offseason to address this and nothing. The guy is legit the worst offensive lineman in the league.
ABSOLUTELY!!! I was shocked to see him in the SL. If today's performance hasn't convinced anyone he should be gone nothing will. Still the drive killer. AND he has earned that title.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Cut flowers. Again, Eli’s inaccuracy and the drops kill the team. Odell has two touchdowns if Eli can just throw it somewhat accurately. Run blocking was absolutely atrocious as well. Same old stuff
Eli's stats were not that bad. Two dropped balls from Shepard and Engram (tight end)? did not help. I felt great for Barkley on that 68 yarder. He was getting pounded 3/4 of the game. Still the offense line (so far today) is in question. Thankfully Rosas is deadly. Once again the offense fails to score. With all those weapons, all they could muster up was a Barkley thriller. The defense was great. Allowed only 1 TD. Why was Barkley running up the middle most of the time?? That 4th down and 2 at the 5? 7? call was pathetic. Passing game got them there, running game at that point was non existent. Sorry for the ramble.

Reaction Score
I think the worry for all Giants fans is that they are going to waste Beckham and Barkley's prime years on a qb who isn't that good and a line that's bad.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And yet the difference was as little as the one INT and/or the Shepard drop. Frustrating, and Eli is not in his prime, but I still think we could be fine with him for at least another season if the O line was better.

Reaction Score
And yet the difference was as little as the one INT and/or the Shepard drop. Frustrating, and Eli is not in his prime, but I still think we could be fine with him for at least another season if the O line was better.
Yes but Eli’s deep ball accuracy is fading exponentially. He overthrows wide open targets almost every time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To be honest, I was rather pleased with the effort against a very good Jags team.
While Eli is not the best athlete he did better than I expected.
The O line is still a concern but all those dropped passes will haunt you
Losing to them by 5, is to me, a vast improvement over last year
I am hoping Barkley and B Jr can stay healthy because they will be the targets by defenses

Reaction Score
This loss was definitely not on Eli. He was 11 for his first 11 yet the offensive line couldn’t run block or pass should have gotten at least 1 or 2 touchdowns in the first half but drops and most importantly they kept committing penalties. This was totally on the offensive line today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom