OT - Giants | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT - Giants

Reaction Score
No changes made just sign a has been WR, and the line is just fine, the Engram pick was good thats about it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the zest with which this team competed and was coached. Down 14 at midfield without a prayer of moving the ball on the ground, I loved running the ball twice in a row for a net gain of zero while the clock ran.

This is the second straight week where their approach to the second half seemed to be that they had no chance to win so didn't even bother to try.

If Gruden doesn't shut up about Beckham's drop on 4th down which was 2 yards short of the marker I'm going to smash my TV.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
8 straight games under 20 points?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Eli lovefest is one of the more entertaining things on this board.

Saying he's not the team's biggest problem -- in other words, stating a fact -- doesn't make someone an Eli worshipper.

Jones doesn't hold at the 1-yard line and Marshall and Engram catch PERFECTFLY thrown balls and maybe you don't get a chance to push your narrative.

Reaction Score
Eli is doing everything he can.

Bad line, bad drops.

He was throwing the ball very good they should never run the ball. Especially down 2 TDs pass the ball if for nothing else to save time. I've lost all faith in McAdoo he's horrid. End of first hall over a minute left 4th down for the Lions going to kick a FG and he doesn't call a TO? Like Eli can't or has never gotten them into FG position with under a minute? He went to the damn locker room with 3 TOs in his pocket he blows

Reaction Score
Zero urgency.

Not using the timeouts either?

Wtf.

Eli may not be the QB he once was...but he's the least of our problems.
Wouldn't say that at all. He is the most immobile quarterback in the league behind probably the worst line in the league. Even when he has time he stands still and waits for a sack pretty much. He had some drops I agree, but he also missed as many throws too. He wasn't the reason we lost tonight, the playcalling was horrendous and thhe protection was as bad, but he certainly didnt do anything to win the game.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the zest with which this team competed and was coached. Down 14 at midfield without a prayer of moving the ball on the ground, I loved running the ball twice in a row for a net gain of zero while the clock ran.

This is the second straight week where their approach to the second half seemed to be that they had no chance to win so didn't even bother to try.

If Gruden doesn't shut up about Beckham's drop on 4th down which was 2 yards short of the marker I'm going to smash my TV.
I thought everyone in the booth was horrible tonight. It started when they all thought it was too close to call in the first quarter when Eli was laying on the ground and the ball came lose. The idiot official said it couldn't be overturned and Gruden echoes it.

Reaction Score
Saying he's not the team's biggest problem -- in other words, stating a fact -- doesn't make someone an Eli worshipper.
Didn't say you were. It's not always about you, Nomar.

Reaction Score
Yes the line sucks but so does Eli. When the line blocks for him he either just holds on to it until the line eventually breaks down and he takes a sack or he throws inaccurately in the direction of his receiver. I'm so sick of people making excuses for Eli.

Was this before the Marshall and Ingram drops? lol the fact you target Eli in this game is the joke Sj

Your hatred is beyond anyone's worshipping

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wouldn't say that at all. He is the most immobile quarterback in the league behind probably the worst line in the league. Even when he has time he stands still and waits for a sack pretty much. He had some drops I agree, but he also missed as many throws too. He wasn't the reason we lost tonight, the playcalling was horrendous and thhe protection was as bad, but he certainly didnt do anything to win the game.

Well, he did.

Reaction Score
He was throwing the ball very good they should never run the ball. Especially down 2 TDs pass the ball if for nothing else to save time. I've lost all faith in McAdoo he's horrid. End of first hall over a minute left 4th down for the Lions going to kick a FG and he doesn't call a TO? Like Eli can't or has never gotten them into FG position with under a minute? He went to the damn locker room with 3 TOs in his pocket he blows
There is no way McAdoo should be calling plays. I'm in football hell right now having to watch Uconn and follow it up on Sunday's with a John Fox led Bears team and a McAdoo run Giants team. I thought football hell would end when Diaco got canned.

Reaction Score
Was this before the Marshall and Ingram drops? lol the fact you target Eli in this game is the joke Sj
Alright Marshall's was a drop for sure, but you can't expect Engram to haul that in. No one hold on to that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought everyone in the booth was horrible tonight. It started when they all thought it was too close to call in the first quarter when Eli was laying on the ground and the ball came lose. The idiot official said it couldn't be overturned and Gruden echoes it.

His claim that it was 'great coaching' for Caldwell to challenge the spot that got overturned was beyond ridiculous. It was obviously not even close to a first down in real time - anyone with access to a television knew this.

I enjoyed remeasuring after the changed spot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Alright Marshall's was a drop for sure, but you can't expect Engram to haul that in. No one hold on to that

He would have had a chance if he caught it cleanly in the first place. He started to drop it before he got hit - the ball was already juggling the ball on his hip when the contact came.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It was a nice defensive play and I'm not blaming Engram but it was a perfect throw.

Reaction Score
I'm not targeting Eli. Marshall drop was big. Ingram wasn't a drop it was a great hit to jar it loose. The fact you feel you have to stick up for Eli after every game is always entertaining. I hate the losses but always look forward to this.

Reaction Score

Running the ball there was stupid in a vacuum, but I thought that was Eli checking out of the play because he didn't want to keep taking hits. He took a shot there, earlier in that same drive I think, on that miracle throw where it looked like he just avoided serious injury. Dude is as tough as they come but I can't blame him for being a little bit shaken after that one.

The coaching is the biggest problem right now, though. To allow Flowers to go one on one against the Detroit end the entire first half was suicide - they needed to transition to quicker reads way sooner than they did. You're not going to win with long-developing routes against this make-shift line with any quarterback, much less one that struggles to buy time with his feet like Eli does. Game management (the way they handled the end of the half, the delay of game call, bizarre play calling in a fire drill situation late, etc.) wasn't much better. There are a lot of people who know more football than me, but it seems like an antiquated approach in a lot of ways.

Reaction Score
His claim that it was 'great coaching' for Caldwell to challenge the spot that got overturned was beyond ridiculous. It was obviously not even close to a first down in real time - anyone with access to a television knew this.

I enjoyed remeasuring after the changed spot.
He was a full yard short, Gruden is getting annoying lately.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'd love for you to expand on that.

Got them to the 1-yard line. Holding.

Great throw to Marshall, drop. Next play: Detroit TD.

Hits Vereen who forgot where the marker was.

Great throw to Engram, can't hold on.

All with an inarguably horrendous line. And terrible play calling.

Wasn't a great game for him but he was out there trying to make things happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom