OT - Giants | The Boneyard

OT - Giants

Reaction Score
Not a Giants fan, but I know there are a lot of them on this board. At what point do they seriously consider moving on from Eli Manning? This was just an embarrassing performance tonight, Odell or not.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
IMG_3037.JPG

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the complete lack of urgency the entire night.

I also enjoyed their last two minute drive where the goal seemed go be to get Vereen or Engram hurt.

My respect for Engram grew when Manning threw him an uncatchable ball that would have gotten his clock cleaned and he didn't even pretend to try.

Reaction Score
If you think this game is Eli's fault you don't know football well. The RT Hart is getting owned. You can't win if you can't run the ball and don't have more than a second or two to throw the ball.
Weird that a team with any amount of talent would go into the season without addressing the most important part of an offense. They can literally look across the field and see how a team built around a solid offensive line can move the ball consistently

Reaction Score
Eli was horrific. The offensive line was a joke but Manning was awful.
Exactly. Eli is what he is now, not accurate down the field, relies on dump downs. Also, Mcadoo needs to be stripped of his play calling duties, I think 80% of Eli's throws were on routes 5 yards down the field or less, against a Cowboys secondary that was projected to be pretty awful.

Reaction Score
Not a Giants fan, but I know there are a lot of them on this board. At what point do they seriously consider moving on from Eli Manning? This was just an embarrassing performance tonight, Odell or not.
The shame of it is, the defense will probably be awesome but they haven't had an o-line for a while now and they should have been grooming Eli's replacement the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
The shame of it is, the defense will probably be awesome but they haven't had an o-line for a while now and they should have been grooming Eli's replacement the past couple of years.
Remains to be seen if Webb can be the successor, but yeah two very questionable moves not fixing the O-line and not dealing with life after Eli.

Reaction Score
How many different coordinators, coaches, receivers, running-backs, and o-lineman do the Giants have to shuffle through before people begin to point the finger at the guy in charge of the operation? He had thrown 127 interceptions (!) in the seven previous seasons entering today. His passer rating over that span is in the mid-80's. Last year pro football focus ranked him 26th out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks.

When the line is bad, it doesn't help to have the biggest statue in the league behind center. Pass rushers can set their clock to him in a way they can't with anybody else in the league and that doesn't help protection at all.

I'm not saying he's awful, and I think they'll be OK when ODB returns. But he's alarmingly unathletic in a league where most quarterbacks are more dynamic than ever and he'll be 37 in January. As an Eagles fan I don't fear him at all and never have. I think his brilliance during the two super bowl runs have blinded us to the fact that he's a guy who kind of puts a ceiling on what you can be.

Reaction Score
Forget Eli.

No quarterback will succeed behind that line. If Eli tries to go downfield, he'll be killed.

They were terrible last year and the Giants effectively did nothing to improve it.
They aren't doing him any favors, thats for sure. But, as was one of his big problems last season, he is not very accurate. Missed B Marsh a few times on pretty easy throws, and even when he did complete some, did not give the receiver a chance to run because the pass was behind them.Plus, that interception was a terrible throw and virtually ended the game. Flowers and Hart are not even quality back ups, let alone starters, but Eli has to show the ability to be at least adequate when facing pressure.

Reaction Score
They aren't doing him any favors, thats for sure. But, as was one of his big problems last season, he is not very accurate. Missed B Marsh a few times on pretty easy throws, and even when he did complete some, did not give the receiver a chance to run because the pass was behind them.Plus, that interception was a terrible throw and virtually ended the game. Flowers and Hart are not even quality back ups, let alone starters, but Eli has to show the ability to be at least adequate when facing pressure.

Eli hater, nothings changed he can win and win it all with a good OLine he's the same guy. The interception was an awful decision but please look at the time left in the game - had a guy on the flat but wanted to get the ball downfield they needed 2 TD's. Bad choice? Hell yeah but they were not in position to run 6 minutes off the clock. Lee was sitting on their crossing routes like taking candy from a baby that's how creative McAdoo is nothing was open. He did throw behind a couple guys no doubt but he did that when he won titles this is not a reflection on Eli as much as it is on the OLine period and that line is an embarrassment to Reese and McAdoo who could both be gone by mid year based on the performance. Cowboys defense is ok at best wait until they see a pass rush that is good...scary?

Giants D was solid despite the yardage, bend but don't break. The Cowboys never see the end zone without one of the worst interference calls in the history of the NFL. Spags was relatively conservative also seemed to be afraid of the woman beater too much, needed to blitz Dak more but all in all they look to be very good.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
McAdoo's offensive play calling was a bore, only a few wrinkles.

Team did play with a notable lack of urgency. Not sure if that is coaching or Eli.

Worst o line in football with most immobile Qb is a bad combo.

Other than execute better, about the only thing I think they can do with the O is give Dwarka more snaps as he hits the hole with more effort than Perkins and get creative with Ellison and Engram at TE.

Defense played decent, not awful, not great.

Reaction Score
McAdoo's offensive play calling was a bore, only a few wrinkles.

Team did play with a notable lack of urgency. Not sure if that is coaching or Eli.

Worst o line in football with most immobile Qb is a bad combo.

Other than execute better, about the only thing I think they can do with the O is give Dwarka more snaps as he hits the hole with more effort than Perkins and get creative with Ellison and Engram at TE.

Defense played decent, not awful, not great.

Yeah coming out of the half he finally showed some wrinkles and they worked, moved the ball but couldn't punch it in because the OLine gave up a huge sack.
Lack of urgency I agree, they showed some routes on replay by Marshall, Ingram and they were putrid and slow. Not sure if anyone knows on the team, but the OLine sucks, need to get open faster not run those routes like you were just taught them.
Darkwa agree to hits his spot quicker and when he gets his chances he usually performs. Won't give up on the kid but Darkwa needs more snaps, tough kid.
Yeah one thing disappointing with the DBs is their lack of urgency also, needed to try to make plays rather than leave space and tackle. I mean they were ok but agree, not great. This defense will be very good though but need a pass rush. Goodson looked really solid was all over the field. Got caught up a couple times on short routes in his area but overall looks like he will do a nice job in the middle.

Reaction Score
My cowboys looked solid, but I'm hesitant to compliment them beyond that because the Giants looked flat out awful.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My cowboys looked solid, but I'm hesitant to compliment them beyond that because the Giants looked flat out awful.
Thing is, your cowboys are good, so the Giants looked bad because of it ( not that to admit that).

Reaction Score
It's one game, not going to get too worried yet. Oline was bad, Eli was bad, giving a pass to the defense because they were on the field the whole 1st half. Let's see next week.

Reaction Score
Eli hater, nothings changed he can win and win it all with a good OLine he's the same guy. The interception was an awful decision but please look at the time left in the game - had a guy on the flat but wanted to get the ball downfield they needed 2 TD's. Bad choice? Hell yeah but they were not in position to run 6 minutes off the clock. Lee was sitting on their crossing routes like taking candy from a baby that's how creative McAdoo is nothing was open. He did throw behind a couple guys no doubt but he did that when he won titles this is not a reflection on Eli as much as it is on the OLine period and that line is an embarrassment to Reese and McAdoo who could both be gone by mid year based on the performance. Cowboys defense is ok at best wait until they see a pass rush that is good...scary?

Giants D was solid despite the yardage, bend but don't break. The Cowboys never see the end zone without one of the worst interference calls in the history of the NFL. Spags was relatively conservative also seemed to be afraid of the woman beater too much, needed to blitz Dak more but all in all they look to be very good.
Call me an Eli hater, whatever, I can call you an Eli defender at the same time. I am disappointed with his play, as I was all last season. Listen, I know the line is bad, really bad, you don't have to tell me twice, but that doesn't mean Eli is helpless or without blame for some of the plays he makes, or fails to make. Marshall was wide open twice for two first downs, 2 bad passes that go incomplete. He settles for dump downs far too much, and is becoming increasingly inaccurate on passes more than 10 yards down the field. 220 yards on 37 attempts is not something you want to see.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Eli's throws were off all night but you might not be on target either when your O-line is a sieve. How Reese thought it was cool to not address that part of the roster in the offseason is mind boggling. Did he think if he stacks up enough threats downfield it will mitigate the need for any protection? It doesn't work that way when you don't give your QB more than 3/4 of a second to throw the ball.

Hopefully see what this team is once that group (if it's possible) gets some time to get better and we get OBJ back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom