OT - Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Giants

Reaction Score
Trust me I get it. Quarterbacks that are worth anything rarely hit the open market, which is why the Lions end up making Matthew Stafford the highest paid player in league history.

But isn't the point you're making kind of my point, too? If you're not winning with a quarterback that is being paid market value, there is nothing prohibiting you from trying another strategy like drafting one. That this seems so sacrilege is more indicative of how homogeneous the thinking process is - and this is where I think New England is different - within that league. You're better off splurging for talent elsewhere and drafting a young quarterback than you are mortgaging the farm to overpay an average quarterback. And if Eli's better than that, the time to show it is now.
You realize the Giants went 11-5 and were a playoff team last year? Actually I bet you did not.

Reaction Score
To you an original thought is saying something with no support and that is completely and utterly stupid just to get a reaction, Kapernick being 2 plays away from having two rings for example. I bet Skip Baylee's is must see TV for you.

I am Giants fan but not an Eli fan boy, he was bad last week and last year, no debating that, but he also had two of his best seasons in the two proceeding last year so saying the Giants should move on from him now is stupid. Just like your Kapernick and Petite comments, which again were hilariously stupid.

Honestly, from reading your football takes I really do not think you watch or follow the sport.

If you're willing to acknowledge that then I don't really understand where the strong disagreement is coming from. I never said they should move on from Eli, my point is that his play has slipped to the extent he needs to prove that he's still the guy he was. That's kind of the way it works. You do your job well for a period of time and then you earn a grace period where people still believe in you through a couple of rough patches. My feeling on Eli right now isn't entirely different than what it is with Kevin Ollie - I still believe but I need to see it. Granted Eli is much more accomplished in his field than Ollie is in his, but Eli is much older relative to his profession and arguably has less leverage considering how the team is currently built. These are valid discussions among football fans.

Bayless is actually about the furthest thing from a guy I'd seek out for an opinion, but I do think that some of the guys around the league that comment on these things can be too close to it. That's not to say they're biased towards Eli, necessarily, but there are a lot of variables that can influence their thinking.

The Pettitte comparison is stupid to the extent that it's usually stupid to compare guys from different sports. Other than that, it's pretty accurate. Both highly successful pros who won a lot and posted good but not great numbers. Is quarterback a more important position than pitcher? Obviously. If you want more of an apples to apples comparison I'll give you Joe Flacco.

And yeah, I know the Giants were good last year. If you want to question my knowledge fine but there is no questioning my degeneracy. I'm just like every other American.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I want Jerry Reese fired. At halftime.

His offseason was professional malpractice.

Also, Eli Apple is the reincarnation of Elvis "Toast" Patterson. I'm gonna start calling him Eli "Roasted" Apple. Another wasted pick by Reese.

Win this game, lose, it doesn't matter. This o-line is garbage and this team's going nowhere.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Also, Eli Apple is the reincarnation of Elvis "Toast" Patterson. I'm gonna start calling him Eli "Roasted" Apple. Another wasted pick by Reese.

Win this game, lose, it doesn't matter. This o-line is garbage and this team's going nowhere.

Tell us how you feel nomar.

Reaction Score

Apple is so hot and cold, but for the life of me I have no idea why a starting cornerback in the NFL doesn't EVENTUALLY get his head around on a deep throw.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its a good thing that the Giants went out and got a decent RB

Reaction Score
I get that the line is really, really bad, but imagine if Eli had any type of pocket awareness

Reaction Score
Have there ever been two worse offensive possessions back-to-back? Wow.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
With that O line - Eli will not make it through the season. I'm neither a Giant's fan or Giant's hater, but good lord, that line is going to cost him any future. Whoever decided not to deal with it at the end of last season either had Eli sleep with his wife or just hates Mannings in general but he needs to be fired.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Tell us how you feel nomar.

Sometimes you just gotta let it all out. Seemed for a little while like it mighta worked...

Brandon Marshall should hand back his paycheck so we can afford a decent lineman.

Reaction Score
The line is getting brutalized but that last sack is a lot on Eli - zero mobility whatsoever and goes down at the brush of contact. Contrast that to Stafford who is running all over the field making plays when the protection breaks down, and you have your problem.

That being said, Eli needs his line to at least return to something salvageable before I can get on him too much. He's just gotta cut out the turnovers. That pick he threw was a killer.

Reaction Score
Starting to get tiresome. And Eli can't feel a pocket presence because he has the worst guards in all of football. I've between anything like this. Can snax play both ways ?

Reaction Score
Starting to get tiresome. And Eli can't feel a pocket presence because he has the worst guards in all of football. I've between anything like this. Can snax play both ways ?
No, he has no pocket presence regardless. He literally goes down with being touched, is a statue in the pocket when he does have time, and when he does get the throw off, its a 50/50 chance that he throws it on target.

Reaction Score
The line is getting brutalized but that last sack is a lot on Eli - zero mobility whatsoever and goes down at the brush of contact. Contrast that to Stafford who is running all over the field making plays when the protection breaks down, and you have your problem.

That being said, Eli needs his line to at least return to something salvageable before I can get on him too much. He's just gotta cut out the turnovers. That pick he threw was a killer.
Yes the line sucks but so does Eli. When the line blocks for him he either just holds on to it until the line eventually breaks down and he takes a sack or he throws inaccurately in the direction of his receiver. I'm so sick of people making excuses for Eli.

Reaction Score
I've been an Eli defender and he still has skills but with an offensive line this bad a quarterback needs to be able to get out of Dodge when the pocket breaks down and maybe even save a play now and then. Throwing in back of the receiver caused the tip and interception, we've seen this before. No running game as usual. Could be a long season.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Brandon Marshall is a joke.

Hahaha. Game over.

#firereese

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Friggin Marshall

Online statistics

Members online