OT - Giants | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT - Giants

Reaction Score
Funny not sure why you would even post here makes little to no sense?

Oh i get it, those 2 still hurt huh? ;)

Nah, we got a fist full of em and time for another 1-2 more. Good O/U for the season, Brady rings vs Giants wins. Gotta take the rings, right?

Reaction Score
Nah, we got a fist full of em and time for another 1-2 more. Good O/U for the season, Brady rings vs Giants wins. Gotta take the rings, right?
Add Brady cheating scandals to it and it would be a little more fun.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How could anyone watch that game and think Eli is the problem? What QBs were available this off season that would be doing better?

Reaction Score

So your admitting that Brady is your franchise because he is. I guess the NFL didn't exist before 2001, Giants have more NFL championships and oh yeah the Pats are 0-2 against the Giants in the Superbowl, where did Belichick come from oh yeah that would be the Giants. Yeah we know the Giants suck right now and I would prefer they go 2-14 instead of 7-9, you can turn around quickly in the NFL with the right personnel moves.

Reaction Score
Can you let me know who you root for so I can put forth bs dribble every week for?

I'm an Eagles fan, so while in some cases I can see where I should yield to Giant fans on the topic of Eli's play, yesterday was not one of them. I've watched all three games that both teams have played this season and feel like I have a far more objective handle on what I'm watching than most of the people posting ITT.

To re-iterate, I did not say he was bad and I could even see how some would say he played well. I just think that, on a 100 degree day, with the other team missing four vital starters, there was too much meat left on the bone for me to describe his performance as great. Yes the running game is bad, but he's also the guy who has the responsibility of checking them into the right play. Yes he had some drops, he also benefited from a couple of egregious blunders on the other end. The first pick I can live with if I'm a Giants fan - he's throwing the ball down field, trying to make a play. Bad throw, but worst case scenario it serves as a punt and that's what happened. The second one can't happen. Throwing two picks in a game can't happen and I don't care what the other circumstances are.

The stat @zls44 posts make me wonder if I'm running into the same problem I do around here during college basketball season where people are only watching one team play. Look around the league. Offensive line play is terrible. You don't have to watch an entire game or even an entire drive to see it. Carson Palmer was getting no protection last night. Derek Carr, with one of the best lines in football, got little protection against Washington on Sunday. Any time you have bad quarterback play, you are going to find people blaming the offensive line. It's a convenient scapegoat given the fact that the majority of the people working and analyzing these games played other positions. First two weeks the Giants line was horrible, yesterday they were solid. The common denominator is a loss but you can keep pretending, in 2017 where the quarterback has more autonomy than ever before, that Eli has nothing to do with that. Not really any skin off my back given how the Eagles have played him over the years.

Reaction Score
Disagree but whatever he can't win with some. Troy A thought he was real good but he's not you when it comes to this stuff.

The Spurs thought he was good enough for a roster spot but they're not you when it comes to this stuff.

Reaction Score
I'm an Eagles fan, so while in some cases I can see where I should yield to Giant fans on the topic of Eli's play, yesterday was not one of them. I've watched all three games that both teams have played this season and feel like I have a far more objective handle on what I'm watching than most of the people posting ITT.

To re-iterate, I did not say he was bad and I could even see how some would say he played well. I just think that, on a 100 degree day, with the other team missing four vital starters, there was too much meat left on the bone for me to describe his performance as great. Yes the running game is bad, but he's also the guy who has the responsibility of checking them into the right play. Yes he had some drops, he also benefited from a couple of egregious blunders on the other end. The first pick I can live with if I'm a Giants fan - he's throwing the ball down field, trying to make a play. Bad throw, but worst case scenario it serves as a punt and that's what happened. The second one can't happen. Throwing two picks in a game can't happen and I don't care what the other circumstances are.

The stat @zls44 posts make me wonder if I'm running into the same problem I do around here during college basketball season where people are only watching one team play. Look around the league. Offensive line play is terrible. You don't have to watch an entire game or even an entire drive to see it. Carson Palmer was getting no protection last night. Derek Carr, with one of the best lines in football, got little protection against Washington on Sunday. Any time you have bad quarterback play, you are going to find people blaming the offensive line. It's a convenient scapegoat given the fact that the majority of the people working and analyzing these games played other positions. First two weeks the Giants line was horrible, yesterday they were solid. The common denominator is a loss but you can keep pretending, in 2017 where the quarterback has more autonomy than ever before, that Eli has nothing to do with that. Not really any skin off my back given how the Eagles have played him over the years.
No one said he was great, we just said you were an idiot for comparing him to Kapernick.

QB ELI MANNING, 80.3 OVERALL GRADE

Manning played his best game this season as he was excellent throwing downfield. Although Manning gave the ball away on his only attempt that traveled more than 20 yards in the air, he completed all of his other nine attempts that traveled at least 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. Furthermore, the Giants quarterback helped the offensive line by releasing the ball in an average of 1.86 seconds from the snap.

Higher grade than Wentz, again.

Oh, and shocking you take the views you do. I could have a field day on Wentz and his league leading turnover worthy plays (Carson Wentz has 9 turnover worthy plays so far this season. That's 3 more than any other QB. @PFF_Steve), but I do not want to waste my time on that joke of a franchise, but obviously you cannot stay away from the Giants thread.

k52g9.jpg

Reaction Score

QB ELI MANNING, 80.3 OVERALL GRADE

Manning played his best game this season as he was excellent throwing downfield. Although Manning gave the ball away on his only attempt that traveled more than 20 yards in the air, he completed all of his other nine attempts that traveled at least 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. Furthermore, the Giants quarterback helped the offensive line by releasing the ball in an average of 1.86 seconds from the snap.

Higher grade than Wentz, again.

Oh, and shocking you take the views you do. I could have a field day on Wentz and his league leading turnover worthy plays (Carson Wentz has 9 turnover worthy plays so far this season. That's 3 more than any other QB. @PFF_Steve), but I do not want to waste my time on that joke of a franchise, but obviously you cannot stay away from the Giants thread.

I like how champs99and04 made some pretty fair, valid statements about Eli and his performance, and you immediately turn and criticize Wentz, who was not mentioned at all. Nice.

Reaction Score
I like how champs99and04 made some pretty fair, valid statements about Eli and his performance, and you immediately turn and criticize Wentz, who was not mentioned at all. Nice.
I asked who he rooted for so I could together some bs towards his team, he did that, so I did. But thanks for your input.

Reaction Score
The Spurs thought he was good enough for a roster spot but they're not you when it comes to this stuff.

You got cash on whether he makes it on the regular season roster or nor champs? I mean it's impressive if you knew he would make a roster after all there's 30 teams and each have about 20 on their pre-season roster so to think he'd be in the top 3-400 of those not a shoe in is pretty impressive.

I'm all in..let me know. Apples and Oranges by the way.;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So your admitting that Brady is your franchise because he is. I guess the NFL didn't exist before 2001, Giants have more NFL championships and oh yeah the Pats are 0-2 against the Giants in the Superbowl, where did Belichick come from oh yeah that would be the Giants. Yeah we know the Giants suck right now and I would prefer they go 2-14 instead of 7-9, you can turn around quickly in the NFL with the right personnel moves.

I'd rather hang my hat on officially recognized championships that I've seen in my lifetime than try to take credit for pre SB modern era unofficial titles from the 1940's. What you said about "Brady being the franchise" is one of the most moronic things I've ever seen though. Take away any franchise or athlete's most successful or defining eras/accomplishments and what is left?

Reaction Score
I'd rather hang my hat on officially recognized championships that I've seen in my lifetime than try to take credit for pre SB modern era unofficial titles from the 1940's. What you said about "Brady being the franchise" is one of the most moronic things I've ever seen though. Take away any franchise or athlete's most successful or defining eras/accomplishments and what is left?
His point was prior to Brady the Pats were the Browns, and will be after his departure.

Giants, Redskins, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, ect. have all won SB with multiple coachs and QBs.

It would be nice if the bandwagon jumpers could start their own Pats thread to discuss their team and not the Giants one? I dunno maybe that is just too simple for you guys.

Reaction Score
His point was prior to Brady the Pats were the Browns, and will be after his departure.

Giants, Redskins, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, ect. have all won SB with multiple coachs and QBs.

It would be nice if the bandwagon jumpers could start their own Pats thread to discuss their team and not the Giants one? I dunno maybe that is just too simple for you guys.

The "will be after his departure" line is cute, salty much?

Take away the Montana/Walsh run, Bradshaw/Noll, etc and the history for those franchises look drastically different. The mental hoops Giants fans here are jumping through to try and discredit the greatest dynasty in football history is hilarious.

Reaction Score

Sorry but saying the line was good Sunday is fair not totally accurate. I believe he averaged a CRAZY 1.86 seconds getting rid of the ball which would make UConns line capable of blocking for Eli. They were decent later in the game though no doubt but the Eagles didn't blitz or show them anything radical which amazed me. I am sure you are happy with how the Eagles have played him over the years just wondering how many they won during Eli's time in NY? How did that work out? Not sure why you want to go into such detail to throw another teams QB under your bus it's strange to me but hell, I'm strange too so more power to the strange.

Reaction Score
The "will be after his departure" line is cute, salty much?

Take away the Montana/Walsh run, Bradshaw/Noll, etc and the history for those franchises look drastically different. The mental hoops Giants fans here are jumping through to try and discredit the greatest dynasty in football history is hilarious.
Nothing I said was factually inaccurate, but cool.

Reaction Score
Nothing I said was factually inaccurate, but cool.

Jerry I believe I know the guy you are arguing with it's not worth it no matter if it's UConn, Pats or anything he's a dope I have him on IGNORE and you should too. Move on we have a tough enough time with our own fans when things aren't good.

Reaction Score
Jerry I believe I know the guy you are arguing with it's not worth it no matter if it's UConn, Pats or anything he's a dope I have him on IGNORE and you should too. Move on we have a tough enough time with our own fans when things aren't good.

You're one of the biggest dopes on this board. Good riddance.

Reaction Score
Yep, there's loads of evidence to support the Pats sucking after Brady retires.
Other than the 5 division titles in 40 years prior to his arrival. I guess there is nothing.

Reaction Score
Other than the 5 division titles in 40 years prior to his arrival. I guess there is nothing.

Well if that's not an indicator of future success then I don't know what is. I guess that's more important than Kraft having bought the team in the mid 90's and relatively quickly turning the franchise into the crown jewel of the league.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can Mcadoo get fired already

Not on TV locally. Get in the car to try and listen to the radio - nope.

Drive to two bar thats might have Sunday Ticket. Nope they don't.

Check score - maybe for best.

Reaction Score
Rip it up and start again.

This season was over before it even started. Thank god it's almost basketball season.

Reaction Score
Not on TV locally. Get in the car to try and listen to the radio - nope.

Drive to two bar thats might have Sunday Ticket. Nope they don't.

Check score - maybe for best.
We can't score in the first quarter, have 4th down on the 30 of the Bucs and he decides to go for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom