OT: Giants | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
SJ hating on Eli again. Smh.

Flowers kept Dallas in it.

Great win. Awesome D.
Eli was horrible. Just an amazing performance from the defense, I'll remember that effort for a long time.

Reaction Score
I have been an Eli defender but not defending Eli here he was god awful, Flowers is useless. Thank god for that D they were awesome without JPP, Okwara was the man. I just dont know how Dak Prescott will turn out long term he is behind a great Oline, WR and Running game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Defense won us this game. Flowers is , we already knew that, Eli played pretty terrible as well. Not even mau can deny that
Eli was horrible. Just an amazing performance from the defense, I'll remember that effort for a long time.
You guys don't watch the dropped passes, huh?

Of course the defense won the game. But your venom for Eli is really unreal.

Reaction Score

What can you say to the interception, the first inexplicable fumble, and the at least 2 times he threw right to a Dallas player who dropped it? Also missed on a couple passes as per usual. This was a bad game from Eli, there is no denying it. Good thing the defense played like the '07 team, and Eli better not be banking on that the rest of the season, this was an unreal game from the defense.

Reaction Score
The defense has been incredible tonight, only thing keeping Dallas in it is Eli. I know Mau will blame all the mistakes on other people and tell me how amazing Eli is but the mistakes are absolute killers. I still think we win this game because the D is just on another level tonight and we have Beckham but Eli please pull your head out of your arse.

Eli was bad tonight, no doubting that. You ok with OBJ's drop of a TD? The play calling is awful and continually sets Eli up with an awful OLine and I know you won;t admit that because you think he sucks. Run Run Pass. And the interception to Cruz, awful choice but Cruz played it awful too, he didn't come back to the ball like good, explosive WR's do, he's pretty much done. Give the QB a eunnig game and an OLine he's usually better but people are blind when they want to be. He wasn't good, your buddy Russell Wilson who you would take ahead of him 4 INT's, nice game there huh?

Reaction Score
What can you say to the interception, the first inexplicable fumble, and the at least 2 times he threw right to a Dallas player who dropped it? Also missed on a couple passes as per usual. This was a bad game from Eli, there is no denying it. Good thing the defense played like the '07 team, and Eli better not be banking on that the rest of the season, this was an unreal game from the defense.

Again you say Eli like he'e the only player on O? I mean he threw to them and was awful, no doubt but we won't hear of the perfect pass to OBJ for 7 will we?

I give!

Reaction Score
Defense was unbelievable game ball to them as a whole, tremendous. The DB's were like blankets. My Cowboy buddies are like "they just didn't show up" but they won't give the D any credit. What I took from the game great scheme by Spags and they actually showed what Dak will be when you consistently pressure him, he's just another QB when that line isn't holding the fort down.

Reaction Score
Eli was bad tonight, no doubting that. You ok with OBJ's drop of a TD? The play calling is awful and continually sets Eli up with an awful OLine and I know you won;t admit that because you think he sucks. Run Run Pass. And the interception to Cruz, awful choice but Cruz played it awful too, he didn't come back to the ball like good, explosive WR's do, he's pretty much done. Give the QB a eunnig game and an OLine he's usually better but people are blind when they want to be. He wasn't good, your buddy Russell Wilson who you would take ahead of him 4 INT's, nice game there huh?

There were some dropped passes thats true, and had OBJ caught that pass earlier the game would have been wrapped up but thats Giants football never making it easy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I always wonder who the guys are who call WFAN and complain about nothing but Eli. I think I found them.

You can give back your two Super Bowls any time, guys.

Reaction Score

Are you serious? He has been a turnover machine in the redzone. Beckham dropped a sure touchdown in the first few minutes but after that Eli was just bad. He threw two directly to Cowboys which were luckily dropped. It was a brutal performance coming off of what was a bad performance last weekend. I like the guy but also call it like I see it.

Reaction Score
I always wonder who the guys are who call WFAN and complain about nothing but Eli. I think I found them.

You can give back your two Super Bowls any time, guys.
I am not saying by any means that he needs to go or anything of the sort, I just expect, and I'm sure most you guys do as well, that he will and should play much better than he has. There is still no other QB I want in the last 2 minutes or in the playoffs. I agree, Odell had an extremely frustrating first half and I was yelling a bit at him from home, and Cruz is a shell of his former self, but it is justified to be complaining about Eli in this game. He didn't play well, the offense as a whole didn't but we expect him to make more plays then he did. I'm beyond excited about the win, duckk the Cowboys, but we need to score more than 10 points down the stretch and get this offense going.

Reaction Score
Would have blown the game open without the mistakes but just thankful we didn't spoil an epic performance from the defense.

Reaction Score
I am not saying by any means that he needs to go or anything of the sort, I just expect, and I'm sure most you guys do as well, that he will and should play much better than he has. There is still no other QB I want in the last 2 minutes or in the playoffs. I agree, Odell had an extremely frustrating first half and I was yelling a bit at him from home, and Cruz is a shell of his former self, but it is justified to be complaining about Eli in this game. He didn't play well, the offense as a whole didn't but we expect him to make more plays then he did. I'm beyond excited about the win, duckk the Cowboys, but we need to score more than 10 points down the stretch and get this offense going.

Eli was horrid but when they win it doesn't have to be the first thing people say after the game because he's had a lot of really good games in which they lost over the years too. But I'm guessing a chosen few won't come to the board talking about those back in the day! Not you per se, just saying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's fair. SJ's act is the one that gets old with me.

Reaction Score
Odell had those two drops but also had our only touchdown on a play that probably only he could make, dude is a freak.

Reaction Score
Odell had those two drops but also had our only touchdown on a play that probably only he could make, dude is a freak.

He's a freak for sure so let me ask Giant fans, why do we not try more of those quick hits? While you are sick of Eli I am in turn sick of them coordinator being happy with 2nd and 10 with a crappy OLine. If yon't think that's pressure on Eli to make all the plays then you aren't watching.

Again yep he's the only one who can make that play and it needs to be a perfect pass to not lose a step. His speed from 1st to 2nd gear is out of this world.

Reaction Score
He's a freak for sure so let me ask Giant fans, why do we not try more of those quick hits? While you are sick of Eli I am in turn sick of them coordinator being happy with 2nd and 10 with a crappy OLine. If yon't think that's pressure on Eli to make all the plays then you aren't watching.

Again yep he's the only one who can make that play and it needs to be a perfect pass to not lose a step. His speed from 1st to 2nd gear is out of this world.
Agree with you on that. McAdoo should relinquish his play calling duties, he's a disaster.

Reaction Score
Great win. But I do not want any part of seeing Dallas again in the playoffs. Its very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season let alone twice on their home field.

Reaction Score
Not everyone is Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers
I will take the ups and downs of Eli knowing he's already been an integral part of two rings and maybe another before he's all done.
His offensive line is bad the only running game Is an inside draw.
He has some weapons but has to be ultra quick in his decision making and because of that takes chances and sometimes stupid throws
The Giants fans who beat on him may be in for a rude awakening the day he retires

Reaction Score
Agree with you on that. McAdoo should relinquish his play calling duties, he's a disaster.
One thing I like about mcadoo is he is terrific at using his timeouts well and letting the play clock go down As much as possible when in the lead. Although gen does get too predictable at the end along with this.

And he'll go for it on fourth and short where the easy play is to punt
Overall hard to complain to much about his first year

Reaction Score
Not everyone is Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers
I will take the ups and downs of Eli knowing he's already been an integral part of two rings and maybe another before he's all done.
His offensive line is bad the only running game Is an inside draw.
He has some weapons but has to be ultra quick in his decision making and because of that takes chances and sometimes stupid throws
The Giants fans who beat on him may be in for a rude awakening the day he retires
I'd like to see them abandon the inside draw, atleast from shotgun, it has been aggravating me for so long. I think when Perkins gets the ball with a head of steam from the I formation he is very good, I'd like to see that a lot more.

Reaction Score
Great win. But I do not want any part of seeing Dallas again in the playoffs. Its very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season let alone twice on their home field.

True, but its the Giants so you just dont know, the media would be driving that point home like theres no tomorrow which would give the Giants a chip on their shoulder. Giants just seem to have their number and Dak Prescott doesn't scare me, he is like what Alex Smith was on the 2011 49ers take away his running game and he's a different qb (most are, especially a rookie). If it were to happen the Giants would come in after beating a dangerous wild card team. One thing is Dallas thinks they can beat the NYG but the NYG know they can beat Dallas. Would you rather face Seattle or Dallas? All that talk is premature though still a lot of football to be played.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We really need to draft a QB in the near future, not sure how long Eli has left but it looks like less and less time from this season. And Nassib obviously is not the answer. There are four solid QB's in this upcoming draft, but doubt we are willing to pick one in the 1st round just The ti
I'm so mad at McAdoo for not even trying to get a first down but with Eli it might make sense. Of course Eli's one throw was right to Dallas. The Giants defense has been an inspiration tonight, haven't seen the D play this way in years!
Giants D has been playing good for since the start. In fact I think they are very very good considering they spend 75% of their time on the field. Even last night toward the end, Offense gets the ball and the G-Men are three and out in less than a minute, what was Mannings rush? This defense has bailed the offense out many times this year.

Reaction Score
One thing I like about mcadoo is he is terrific at using his timeouts well and letting the play clock go down As much as possible when in the lead. Although gen does get too predictable at the end along with this.

And he'll go for it on fourth and short where the easy play is to punt
Overall hard to complain to much about his first year

Agree on this although they almost gave up the tie in the first half when they didn't have to LOL, but I think that was on Eli. 3rd and 8 they knew they were gong to run under a minute and they ran with 11 seconds left on the play clock. What ensued was an attempt at a 55 yarder with 2 seconds left, now of which wouldn't have been able to happen if they ran the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock. Another stupid play quite honestly, especially knowing you were running.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom