OT: Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Not everyone is Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers
I will take the ups and downs of Eli knowing he's already been an integral part of two rings and maybe another before he's all done.
His offensive line is bad the only running game Is an inside draw.
He has some weapons but has to be ultra quick in his decision making and because of that takes chances and sometimes stupid throws
The Giants fans who beat on him may be in for a rude awakening the day he retires

The voice of reason, a Pats fan. How ironic, spot on.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I will agree that Eli has had much better days but it was a hard fought W and it being over the Cowboys makes it that much sweeter
McAdoo was not my pick for HC, wasn't impressed with him as a coordinator, but, unlike UConn's HCBD, Mac does do some really smart things
I just hope this is the last time Big Blue sees the Cowboys this year

Reaction Score
The voice of reason, a Pats fan. How ironic, spot on.[QUOTE =]
Mention Brady or the Patriots or Belicheck and Mau has a meltdown. Happens every time . Little jealous there , understandable.

Reaction Score

Where's the meltdown donyell? Please explain what I said that makes you believe you are even close to being right?

Reaction Score
unbelievable win. funny that even two weeks ago, people were wondering if the nyg defense was "real." there shouldn't be any more questions after last night.

i'm not too worried about eli closing out the season, or about mcadoo calling plays. the same way that the cowboys' strong o-line makes prescott and the 'boys look better, i think the putrid nyg o-line makes manning and the rest of the offense look worse. manning isn't turning the ball over that much if flowers could actually pass-block.

Reaction Score
No I got nothing Mau. My bad. Good luck down the stretch as long as you don't play the Patriots .

I was all nice to Viking and didn't even think about the Pats in my reply my friend. C'mon your reaction was as close as you can get to emeka telling the reporters Amida is better than him LOL

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If the Giants had the Cowboys offensive line they'd be beating teams with much more conviction. You just cannot play an effective QB position in this league when you have as little time to throw as Eli does. If there's one knock on the guy, it's that he's pretty much a pocket passer ... he's either got to get the ball out quick or he's going to be eating a facemask full of dirt.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Aaaaaand that's why you put up with all of OBJ's peccadilloes, tantrums etc.

Eli's had a nice game but that was an awful throw. How many WRs make that play?

P.s. Whatever the outcome today, Spags should be the Giants' DC for life. How good has he gotten them to play? Even without JPP.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We look dangerous. Great win. Defense is outrageously good right now. Nice game for the offense too.

Reaction Score
O-line was stronger, thanks to Pugh. Perkins getting more touches is a good thing.

And the D is locked in. Held Cowboys and Lions to 13 points. Wow.
More Perkins was definitely nice, but I'm getting tired of Perkins putting together nice runs and then end of the game, Jennings is back in for three straight no gain rushes every week

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
More Perkins was definitely nice, but I'm getting tired of Perkins putting together nice runs and then end of the game, Jennings is back in for three straight no gain rushes every week

Well everyone (read: Detroit) knew Jennings was going run it to kill clock. He's probably in there because he's trusted to not fumble.

Reaction Score
Well everyone (read: Detroit) knew Jennings was going run it to kill clock. He's probably in there because he's trusted to not fumble.
Yeah I figure that's the reason, more ball security. Probably just nitpicking and if it means a win whatever, I just think Perkins could also not fumble with the bigger possibility of him breaking off a big run

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
O-line was stronger, thanks to Pugh. Perkins getting more touches is a good thing.

And the D is locked in. Held Cowboys and Lions to 13 points. Wow.
One touchdown in 8 quarters. Interesting, the announcers said the Giants D is number one against Red Zone. I know they are good and improving each game but I didn't know that stat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
6 weeks ago I would never believe in a 10 win season
Eli is having a down year but the D is awesome

Reaction Score
great win! proud of 'em today.

don't see jenkins coming back for the quick-turnaround game @eagles, but if that means he's healthy for the washington game week 17 i am cool with it. pretty happy we are not playing ON christmas, as well!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
One touchdown in 8 quarters. Interesting, the announcers said the Giants D is number one against Red Zone. I know they are good and improving each game but I didn't know that stat.

Pretty amazing.

Non sequitur: "Tom Coughlin calls it the 'Green Zone'" is the Giants equivalent of "Denham Brown once scored 111 points in a high school game."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
great win! proud of 'em today.

don't see jenkins coming back for the quick-turnaround game @eagles, but if that means he's healthy for the washington game week 17 i am cool with it. pretty happy we are not playing ON christmas, as well!

I didn't like seeing it go from "back - questionable" to "spine - out."

Reaction Score
Mau I am actually a Giants fans. I never hated the Pats though until Kraft pulled his BS with Hartford

I do remember this now my bad, but it wasn't at all a negative portrayal anyway on you if indeed you were, just on some of our GMen fans who somehow respect Eli as much as I do Papi.

Reaction Score
Great win today defense is en fuego. Like the fact they ran it a little better today and used perkins more, but I really hope they don't fall in love with it and put that pressure on the D like this. I can see what's happening and the pattern isn't all that pretty. Throw on 1st down once in a while will ya?

Reaction Score
I didn't like seeing it go from "back - questionable" to "spine - out."

yeah, pretty bleak. i guess he's getting an mri. i heard postgame inteviews with some of the defense on WFAN and a lot of the guys said he seemed fine and were hopeful that he would play the next game.

Reaction Score
10-4 after missing the playoffs the last 4 years feels great, and doing it with a 1st year HC. What can I say about the D the secondary has been amazing, Dwayne Harris is a special teams beast he reminds me of a more athletic David Tyree. Got a quick turnaround against Philly can't have a let down they will play the Gmen like its their Super Bowl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom