OT: Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Four game winning streak. Who would have thought they would be the bright spot this fall/winter?

Still not a very good team but its nice to see this team is actually playing meaningful football in November, with the next 2 games agains the Bears and Browns, before they play the Steelers, you absolutely have to win those 2 games. Ill say this about Mcadoo he is not afraid to make change, if a guy isn't performing he will bench you, last week he benches Eli Apple for missing his assignments, inserts the rookie at TE Jerrell Adams, inserts Perkins at RB, benches Roger Lewis last night.

The D looks to be a bend but dont break D which is fine its the NFL, would be nice if they got more sacks out of JPP and Vernon, Snacks Harrison is a beast, secondary is much better with a healthy DRC, Adams is playing very well and Landon Collins is beast. The Oline is a little better hope Pugh is back against the Steelers, what a difference not having Cruz out there makes hope he's good to go next week but might be able to rest him the next 2 games, Eli is playing much better he makes some idiotic throws but you take the good with the bad. The Running game is pathetic but you can't just abandon the run.

More then likely won't catch Dallas in the division but the leading WC spot is there for the taking.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What a nice win from the GMen while watching our dogs go down in defeat again. That was a must game for the blue. Everyone else won. I thought for sure Philly, Skins, Boys would have gone down. Manning has about 5 who catch the ball. But the running game needs to get going. Not a good recipe for a championship run.
I thought it was going to be over after the second half kick off return. We play Dallas at home. Hopefully Washington could take them out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A little too close for comfort, but I'll take the W and move on.

Defense was a beast in the second half.

Nice to see JPP coming back into form.

WTF with the missed extra points?!?

Reaction Score

Eli has been so inaccurate. If he makes his passes this is a blow out.

Reaction Score
Typical Giants when they win its always too close for comfort, but 7-3 ill take it we would all kill for Uconn football to be 7-3. Figured Bears would play the Giants like its their Super Bowl, we need to beat Cleveland.

Reaction Score
the defense is actually pretty exciting to watch this year. they can really lock the game down when it counts. collins is amazing and vernon & jpp have had two stellar weeks in a row.

nice to see jennings and the run game start to break out a little bit, too.

Reaction Score

When have the Giants ever won comfortably? I guess the one good thing about having close games is that if this team can get into the playoffs they could have an advantage in a close game.

Reaction Score
the defense is actually pretty exciting to watch this year. they can really lock the game down when it counts. collins is amazing and vernon & jpp have had two stellar weeks in a row.

nice to see jennings and the run game start to break out a little bit, too.

That's the encouraging thing you are starting to see improvement in the running game, Jennings isn't great but productive and Perkins is exciting to watch. The has really gelled and is flying to the football, that roughing the passer call on Vernon was absolute BS.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

WIND

Reaction Score

The announcers like Lynch and others have been so pro-Eli stating he is making great plays despite the odds and there are still doubters. He's missed some, Lewis has dropped a ton and he's forced to throw early all the time because his line is weak. Yeah they have been better than expected but as stated yesterday most of that is Eli reading quick. He's made plays with his feet even the last 2 weeks, not sure I would point out Eli's inaccuracies during this win streak, rather the atrocious prevent offense we saw yesterday by the coaches after taking the lead. Suddenly the team that scored 2 TD's out of the halftime break was going run-run-throw. Now that's a way to set up your hot QB!

I mean if you're a Giants fan and didn't expect a barnburner vs the Bears and the Browns next week, you haven't been watching long!

Reaction Score
That's the encouraging thing you are starting to see improvement in the running game, Jennings isn't great but productive and Perkins is exciting to watch. The has really gelled and is flying to the football, that roughing the passer call on Vernon was absolute BS.

That call was awful you are so right, and probably kept alive the first drive for the Bears as it would have been 3rd and long.

Reaction Score
why don't the giants have an annoying white tight-end who catches everything? seems like every other nfl team has one...

that being said, i am also liking what i am seeing from jerell adams

Reaction Score
That call was awful you are so right, and probably kept alive the first drive for the Bears as it would have been 3rd and long.
Yeah and it cost a touchdown. Nothing would surprise me with this team. They protect Eli but don't open holes for the run game. The pass rush improved, they stop the run, but they give up 3'd and forever all the time.

Reaction Score
The Bears have the worst offense in the NFL. Their highest scoring game this year was when they broke out for 23 against the mighty Colts defense. Their other big game was 20 against the Vikings. Yet after watching the UConn offense on the past few weeks they actually looked like a decent offense.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Another game where it has you guessing if they are going to win or not. The defense is tough. Apple may have been in the dog house but wasn't bad yesterday. The last three Giants possession's had me throwing every thing in sight at the TV. Okay, pillows.
It seemed the Giants as usual going to blow this one. I understand being conservative and guard the lead deep in your own territory, but 3 and out, leaving Chicago in descent field position three times. AND it looked like another Manning game blower passing in the flat to Tye and nearly intercepted. If it was any other team, G-Men would of lost this one. The 4th down conversions are working, but afraid that coach may go to the well too often. Hey I am happy, another win. But I look at the whole game. The wind was bad. I thought I was going to wake up to an article giving the kicker his walking papers. Giants cannot afford those points flying away. The Giants scored, I got up to see a man about a horse. Came back and saw 6 points. I was like WT_(insert your own letter) they tried a 2 point conversion?????????????

Manning should be extremely thankful he has the receivers. They guard Cruz and OBJ? Not a problem. Jennings is good for a fumble. So far knock on wood. Manning running for a 1st down???????Did my eyes deceive me?

Well 9pm tonight has a chance to end my sport weekend with a smile. Except our football pups. That is on another forum.Head bang

Reaction Score
This isn't to say I like the rule, but based on the rule it's an accurate call. Refs made the same call on the last drive of the Vikings/Cards game to give the Cardinals a 1st down on 4th and 27 or something with a minute left

Reaction Score
This isn't to say I like the rule, but based on the rule it's an accurate call. Refs made the same call on the last drive of the Vikings/Cards game to give the Cardinals a 1st down on 4th and 27 or something with a minute left

Bad call both times I will disagree. It's not like a guy who's made the play can stop in mid air - I get the rule neither of those were correct the way I see it. No one did anything extra other than tackle the QB at the proper angle can't ask him to fall away at that point.

Guess you could say it's close but when it takes you 3 seconds because you're not sure, then you're wrong.

Reaction Score
Another game where it has you guessing if they are going to win or not. The defense is tough. Apple may have been in the dog house but wasn't bad yesterday. The last three Giants possession's had me throwing every thing in sight at the TV. Okay, pillows.
It seemed the Giants as usual going to blow this one. I understand being conservative and guard the lead deep in your own territory, but 3 and out, leaving Chicago in descent field position three times. AND it looked like another Manning game blower passing in the flat to Tye and nearly intercepted. If it was any other team, G-Men would of lost this one. The 4th down conversions are working, but afraid that coach may go to the well too often. Hey I am happy, another win. But I look at the whole game. The wind was bad. I thought I was going to wake up to an article giving the kicker his walking papers. Giants cannot afford those points flying away. The Giants scored, I got up to see a man about a horse. Came back and saw 6 points. I was like WT_(insert your own letter) they tried a 2 point conversion?????????????

Manning should be extremely thankful he has the receivers. They guard Cruz and OBJ? Not a problem. Jennings is good for a fumble. So far knock on wood. Manning running for a 1st down???????Did my eyes deceive me?

Well 9pm tonight has a chance to end my sport weekend with a smile. Except our football pups. That is on another forum.Head bang

And he receivers should be extremely thankful they have Manning as should the fans!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
And he receivers should be extremely thankful they have Manning as should the fans!
I have been a Manning fan since the start. After the championship years he seemed to slip a tad. You can't argue the point that he has thrown a number of game losing interceptions or drive stoppers. Hell, Redskins game? A couple last year? I like the guy. Just being honest.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have been a Manning fan since the start. After the championship years he seemed to slip a tad. You can't argue the point that he has thrown a number of game losing interceptions or drive stoppers. Hell, Redskins game? A couple last year? I like the guy. Just being honest.
Cosign. He ain't perfect, but he's durable, smart and always gives you a chance to win. Yes, he usually gives you a chance to lose, too, but I'm a fan and have been from the start as well. No regrets. Guy is a gamer with the best QB pedigree in the history of the NFL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom