OT: Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Got the win but most of the game the offense looked very mediocre. Eli 15-27 for about 200 yards against this Browns defense is not very good. Again, as I've said before, I love the guy and he's my teams QB, but you have to put up much better numbers than that against this team. He missed a lot of open players, especially a few deep passes to Odell that would have been TD's/ big gains. We need him to do better in these final 5 games because they are all gonna be tough.

Reaction Score
Got the win but most of the game the offense looked very mediocre. Eli 15-27 for about 200 yards against this Browns defense is not very good. Again, as I've said before, I love the guy and he's my teams QB, but you have to put up much better numbers than that against this team. He missed a lot of open players, especially a few deep passes to Odell that would have been TD's/ big gains. We need him to do better in these final 5 games because they are all gonna be tough.
He is what he is, he's a little above average QB and has never been elite. Still think the Giants can beat anyone, D has improved a ton and Odell is unreal.

Reaction Score
The Giants haven't played a formidable foe lately and they are beat up, so what they do depends on who they get back. Never worried about Eli.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He is what he is, he's a little above average QB and has never been elite. Still think the Giants can beat anyone, D has improved a ton and Odell is unreal.

I really disagree with this. He's not a "little above average" unless you're only looking at the stats. (And if you're looking at the stats, he hasn't slipped at all since the championships -- his best numbers have come since McAdoo came around.)

He'll airmail passes. He'll throw ducks. He'll throw pick-6's. He'll start out slowly. But with 2 minutes on the clock and the game on the line, can you name 5 of his peers you'd rather have? I'll go first: Tom Brady. And that's despite Eli beating him head-to-head twice. Who else?

I think Eli's underrated rather than overrated at this point. He's no spring chicken and he's still getting the job done. His regular season performances leave him a little shy of HOF worthiness -- although there are HOF QBs like Joe Namath that Eli runs circles around -- but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in eventually.

The Most Clutch Postseason Quarterback Of All Time Is Eli Manning

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Odell is a freak - in many ways but his talent is immense
If a QB is "a little above average" and has won two Super Bowls - I'll take a little above average everyday

Reaction Score

A lot of open players is an exaggeration. But he missed some. While the Eli-disapprovers (don't like haters) always find a way to discuss how bad he was, I need to ask Giant fans how every team on earth has guys open all ver the middle and on seams but we don't? I mean we have 3 excellent receivers and not a throw to Sheppard? Nothing much to Cruz except long? There is something wrong with the offense and it ain't Eli. The play calling is suspect to say the least, they can't run so it's easier to cover receivers. They have issues, the biggest one is not Eli that's for damn sure.

Reaction Score
Giant fans a question, why wasn't that a pick for Apple? I mean his second toe came down after the first one, both in obviously so why is the heal an issue? Receivers drag feet all the time. I missed Pierreta's take so if anyone knows please enlighten me. Giants don't seem to have a go to guy in the booth reviewing for the flag, I mean the pass from McCown to the RB early was really really close to a lateral if you watched it again it looked form the release point, the hand/arm was on a yard line and the ball landed 1/2 yard behind that. A Giant did pick that up and ran it in.

Reaction Score
Giant fans a question, why wasn't that a pick for Apple? I mean his second toe came down after the first one, both in obviously so why is the heal an issue? Receivers drag feet all the time. I missed Pierreta's take so if anyone knows please enlighten me. Giants don't seem to have a go to guy in the booth reviewing for the flag, I mean the pass from McCown to the RB early was really really close to a lateral if you watched it again it looked form the release point, the hand/arm was on a yard line and the ball landed 1/2 yard behind that. A Giant did pick that up and ran it in.
I don't know the rule but I assume its the same as if a player is running along the sideline and his toe is hitting first in stride but his heel hits out of bounds he is out. I would guess dragging the foot is different because you actually establish your foot in while Apple's foot never was establish in, just his toe hit before his heel. And in response to your first post, I'm really not an Eli hater, even though I do complain a bit from time to time, I just think he can do much better. Obviously the lack of a run game doesn't help, but he really should be better than 15-27 for 190 yds against the Browns, anyone here should agree.

Reaction Score
I don't know the rule but I assume its the same as if a player is running along the sideline and his toe is hitting first in stride but his heel hits out of bounds he is out. I would guess dragging the foot is different because you actually establish your foot in while Apple's foot never was establish in, just his toe hit before his heel. And in response to your first post, I'm really not an Eli hater, even though I do complain a bit from time to time, I just think he can do much better. Obviously the lack of a run game doesn't help, but he really should be better than 15-27 for 190 yds against the Browns, anyone here should agree.

I agree he should but I disagree it's on him completely. He didn't have a great game but unless you weren't watching they came out 2nd half protecting the lead, throwing it all on the defense and the pay calling was atrocious and defensive. Just the fact he threw just 27 times will tell us that right? He missed 3-4 passes, they all do. The one tip on 3rd down was nice play by the Browns lineman and OBJ had tons of room if it got by the hand.

Again I do think Eli needs to get a better offensive scheme going in to the last 5 for sure. But I am happy with him being mine, but I get it some just don't care for him they haven't even when he's won!

Reaction Score
I really disagree with this. He's not a "little above average" unless you're only looking at the stats. (And if you're looking at the stats, he hasn't slipped at all since the championships -- his best numbers have come since McAdoo came around.)

He'll airmail passes. He'll throw ducks. He'll throw pick-6's. He'll start out slowly. But with 2 minutes on the clock and the game on the line, can you name 5 of his peers you'd rather have? I'll go first: Tom Brady. And that's despite Eli beating him head-to-head twice. Who else?

I think Eli's underrated rather than overrated at this point. He's no spring chicken and he's still getting the job done. His regular season performances leave him a little shy of HOF worthiness -- although there are HOF QBs like Joe Namath that Eli runs circles around -- but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in eventually.

The Most Clutch Postseason Quarterback Of All Time Is Eli Manning
Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson and Brees.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lol at Eli running circles around Namath

Reaction Score
Giants never make it easy but its a win its the only team out of the teams I route for that doesn't suck so ill take it.

Reaction Score
You can't just look at stats when comparing QB's across eras. I never saw Namath and can't really speak to how good he was, but if you just look at stats then Eli is better than Unitas.

Well I never said Eli was better then Unitas, honestly I could care less where Eli is ranked amongst all-time qb's I just think he is better then Namath. Namath is in for AFL-NFL merger he was never consistently good well and neither has Eli, I do think Eli will get into the HOF though.

Reaction Score
Well I never said Eli was better then Unitas, honestly I could care less where Eli is ranked amongst all-time qb's I just think he is better then Namath. Namath is in for AFL-NFL merger he was never consistently good well and neither has Eli, I do think Eli will get into the HOF though.

Was just using that as an example that stats across eras can be very flawed. I think Eli punched his ticket to the HOF after he won his 2nd Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
I agree he should but I disagree it's on him completely. He didn't have a great game but unless you weren't watching they came out 2nd half protecting the lead, throwing it all on the defense and the pay calling was atrocious and defensive. Just the fact he threw just 27 times will tell us that right? He missed 3-4 passes, they all do. The one tip on 3rd down was nice play by the Browns lineman and OBJ had tons of room if it got by the hand.

Again I do think Eli needs to get a better offensive scheme going in to the last 5 for sure. But I am happy with him being mine, but I get it some just don't care for him they haven't even when he's won!

I do like the fact that Mcadoo is trying to establish a run game and build some continuity with the Oline, they were also short handed at Oline today, I'm sure he doesn't want Eli to get killed especially in a lopsided game (its the Browns). I just dont like it when Mcadoo kills drives with the inside draws with Jennings, try a screen pass? Well next week is when it really counts.

Reaction Score
173 touchdowns and 220 interceptions is pretty glaring.

I remember reading somewhere (pretty sure it was Bill Simmons) that Kurt Warner will be this generations Joe Namath. People will look back on his stats and say how did this guy make the HOF and people who say "of course he made it, you didn't see him to understand why the stats don't line up."

Reaction Score
Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson and Brees.

Not sure why you hate your guy who has put smiles on your face. Aaron looks good the days huh, Bens hurt all the time and his 295/154 TD-INT isn't really all that impressive either - oh yeah I forgot he's a tough guy lol. Wilson, he can run, pass it and he can look awful too. Just guessing Eli would've loved that defense carrying his a** too.

Brady and even Brees I will give you, although Brees is no more than even. Just don't get it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Namath is in for more than the merger. He functionally changed the game into what it is in the modern era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom