OT: Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Yesterday the Jets played better than the Giants, shame they couldn't have had a last drive up 1. The Giants O line is injury city and it is only responsible for everything so these uninspiring wins do not bother me. Eli is a good quarterback and he did not have all day to sit in the pocket like Brady did toward the end of that Jet game. Eli is a class act and durable and while not spectacular throws a good deep ball. tough game at Steelers next weekend, not expecting a win.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Any NFL player or coach will tell you that there are no easy victories.

Reaction Score
Yesterday the Jets played better than the Giants, shame they couldn't have had a last drive up 1. The Giants O line is injury city and it is only responsible for everything so these uninspiring wins do not bother me. Eli is a good quarterback and he did not have all day to sit in the pocket like Brady did toward the end of that Jet game. Eli is a class act and durable and while not spectacular throws a good deep ball. tough game at Steelers next weekend, not expecting a win.

Steelers are a weird team, it's possible but I feel the same way. Good news is I am always worried about the Giants even when they play the Browns LOL

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not sure why you hate your guy who has put smiles on your face. Aaron looks good the days huh, Bens hurt all the time and his 295/154 TD-INT isn't really all that impressive either - oh yeah I forgot he's a tough guy lol. Wilson, he can run, pass it and he can look awful too. Just guessing Eli would've loved that defense carrying his a** too.

Brady and even Brees I will give you, although Brees is no more than even. Just don't get it.

All I can say is, with 2 minutes on the clock and a TD needed, I wouldn't jump to pick any of those guys other than Brady. Eli's the man when the game's on the line. Superjohn doesn't trust him. That's fine. We do.

Reaction Score
All I can say is, with 2 minutes on the clock and a TD needed, I wouldn't jump to pick any of those guys other than Brady. Eli's the man when the game's on the line. Superjohn doesn't trust him. That's fine. We do.

Yep agree. And only because I'm a Giant fan I take him over Brady too. Biased and stupid LOL

Reaction Score
Not sure why you hate your guy who has put smiles on your face. Aaron looks good the days huh, Bens hurt all the time and his 295/154 TD-INT isn't really all that impressive either - oh yeah I forgot he's a tough guy lol. Wilson, he can run, pass it and he can look awful too. Just guessing Eli would've loved that defense carrying his a** too.

Brady and even Brees I will give you, although Brees is no more than even. Just don't get it.
How on earth do you get that I hate Eli? Yes Rodgers is having a down year and his team stinks but you're an absolute idiot if you think Eli is a better quarterback than him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Namath is in for more than the merger. He functionally changed the game into what it is in the modern era.

If Namath doesn't win the SB, he's never in the HOF. And not even close to getting in.

I realize it was a different era but he was never a special QB, unless you want to count charm as an attribute.

Johnny Unitas completed 55% of his passes and threw 290 TDs and 253 INTs. Namath: 50% and, as pointed out above, 173 TDs and 220 INTs. Yuck. But he sure was handsome and looked cool pointing his finger in the air after the Jets' D held the Colts to 7 points.

Reaction Score
How on earth do you get that I hate Eli? Yes Rodgers is having a down year and his team stinks but you're an absolute idiot if you think Eli is a better quarterback than him.

He's my guy why do I even give a rats a** about who's better after 6 wins in a row, I can't have him. Rogers has been better almost every year during his career, he's a HOFer no doubter. My guy gave me 2 SB's not bad huh? But I have a damn good one too, you're an absolute idiot if you think he's been better than Eli this year, he looks like he doesn't even feel like playing. You find fault with your guy all the time while telling us every few weeks how many QB's are better sj but it's my fault for not understanding how much you love Eli - may bad :rolleyes:LOL

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If Namath doesn't win the SB, he's never in the HOF. And not even close to getting in.

I realize it was a different era but he was never a special QB, unless you want to count charm as an attribute.

Johnny Unitas completed 55% of his passes and threw 290 TDs and 253 INTs. Namath: 50% and, as pointed out above, 173 TDs and 220 INTs. Yuck. But he sure was handsome and looked cool pointing his finger in the air after the Jets' D held the Colts to 7 points.

Namath played maybe *maybe* 1.5 seasons injury free TOTAL. He was a undeniable talent with a rifle for an arm.

Reaction Score
He's my guy why do I even give a rats a** about who's better after 6 wins in a row, I can't have him. Rogers has been better almost every year during his career, he's a HOFer no doubter. My guy gave me 2 SB's not bad huh? But I have a damn good one too, you're an absolute idiot if you think he's been better than Eli this year, he looks like he doesn't even feel like playing. You find fault with your guy all the time while telling us every few weeks how many QB's are better sj but it's my fault for not understanding how much you love Eli - may bad :rolleyes:LOL
Because I don't want to fellate Eli, I hate him? I think he's an above average QB and I love him for helping to bring us 2 Superbowls. At least you seem to have backtracked your Rodgers comment, thought you had gone full blown crazy for a second there.

Reaction Score
Because I don't want to fellate Eli, I hate him? I think he's an above average QB and I love him for helping to bring us 2 Superbowls. At least you seem to have backtracked your Rodgers comment, thought you had gone full blown crazy for a second there.

Fellate him? Wow didn't think supporting my guy for being pretty damn good was like giving head - maybe I should not hit he "Like" too much anymore either?

Never thought he was better than Rogers, but I will take him with 2 minutes to go ahead of Rogers although I am sure they are both really good in that position. Rogers is a better regular season career guy, no doubt.

Done - next

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Steelers are a weird team, it's possible but I feel the same way. Good news is I am always worried about the Giants even when they play the Browns LOL

The Steelers under Tomlin have become perhaps the ultimate "play down to your competition" team in the NFL.

I have no rooting interest in any team, but as the Giants are decent, the "good" Steelers will show up.

Reaction Score
The Steelers under Tomlin have become perhaps the ultimate "play down to your competition" team in the NFL.

I have no rooting interest in any team, but as the Giants are decent, the "good" Steelers will show up.
Mike Tomlin is a bad coach. His coaching against the Cowboys was comically bad.

Reaction Score
late to the manning debate, but the durability factor is part of what makes him so valuable. dude never goes down. you could ask for more consistency, but if you have to trade it for a star qb who regularly misses games due to injury... what's the point?

@ steelers is a huge test for this team, really excited to see what they can come up with!

Reaction Score

Hoping the same with the Giants although I am unsure of that :eek:

Reaction Score
late to the manning debate, but the durability factor is part of what makes him so valuable. dude never goes down. you could ask for more consistency, but if you have to trade it for a star qb who regularly misses games due to injury... what's the point?

@ steelers is a huge test for this team, really excited to see what they can come up with!

"star" QB's who are always hurt? Romo?.....no thanks! Our guy is a "star" I think too and let's hope he supports me, otherwise if he gets rocked vs Steelers I know who will be knocking LOL

Agree, interested to see how he, the D and the WR's step up in this one - OLine? Never know

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Playing the Steelers at home who are fighting for their playoff life
Wasn't going to happen today
I'm not fond of OBJ complaining but today he was slapped, held , pushed and then some

Reaction Score
Would have never guessed?

He threw an awful interception, a game changer. But of that's your lead I get it!:rolleyes:
Just getting frustrated that he is performing sub par against defenses that are not very good.

Reaction Score
Just getting frustrated that he is performing sub par against defenses that are not very good.

Agree he's not good but listen to the experts like Troy before the game....the offense isn't good and it relies on Eli making plays. No one is ever open - ever. (gut feeling is Victor is too slow now, not even close to the same player would like to see more Harris) What offense routes do the coaches call simultaneously because every ther team has people open. Look at Green today. Tye was open once and didn't lift his feet. The other time in the end zone #50 had his hands around him before the ball go there, no call. They got screwed all game and McAdoo doesn't react? So many things wrong with this team besides Eli - will any Giant fan be at all surprised to be 8-8 at years end?Penalties, missed blocks, can't run it's really painful. But no doubt that INT was the biggest impact awful decision on his part.

Anyway 8-5 after next weekend then the playoffs begin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom