OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 36 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Louisville is getting all the blow back on this because of their recent history and because Pitino is such a sleaze. Meanwhile, not a word about Bruce Pearl. He should send Pitino flowers.
Louisville has been a power in college hoops for 70 years. Auburn has been about as relevant as Fordham. One thing I haven't seen is how this all ties to the people running these AAU teams. There are quite a few local drug dealers, and street gang kingpins involved with some of these teams, and you have to believe that there is no way they would allow all of this money to be flowing without some of it ending up in their hands. Unlike college coaches, or Adidas officials, these are indeed, dangerous people, who will not be wanting to go to jail. I'd be really nervous if I were one of these assistant coaches right now.

Reaction Score
Could UofL have broken the law in the way they handled even this??

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Louisville has been a power in college hoops for 70 years. Auburn has been about as relevant as Fordham. One thing I haven't seen is how this all ties to the people running these AAU teams. There are quite a few local drug dealers, and street gang kingpins involved with some of these teams, and you have to believe that there is no way they would allow all of this money to be flowing without some of it ending up in their hands. Unlike college coaches, or Adidas officials, these are indeed, dangerous people, who will not be wanting to go to jail. I'd be really nervous if I were one of these assistant coaches right now.
I honestly can't believe his hasn't come out about football. They have documentaries on cable tv about betting, moving kids, etc all the time from peewees to high school

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I honestly can't believe his hasn't come out about football. They have documentaries on cable tv about betting, moving kids, etc all the time from peewees to high school
I think it has more to do with the organizational level of criminal activity between AAU circuits/sports agencies/universities/coaches (both aau and college)/players and their families. Where there is no AAU circuit in football.Not to sya college football isn't corrupt as well (because it certainly is). Not to mention, 1 or 2 players can have a much bigger impact on a basketball team opposed to football. Not sure if I'm right, but just my 2 cents.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Just waiting for Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke to be involved. Kansas every year has issues with kids. Kentucky I just read might have an issue with Malik monk. Some posters were worried about Antigua when he was there. Weren't there issues with wall, cousins, and Bledsoe? On other boards people are saying once capel went to duke things changed.

Reaction Score
What were Miami's recruiting rankings like? 10 and 14 the last 2 years? We had an 8th rank class in that span.
2 points- Chillious wasn't here and we are an elite basketball program & they are Miami.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

ESPN Outside the lines did a great show on U Colorado in their football glory days, and how they got there. Mostly they had connections with the LA gangs, and the kids were funneled to UC. Very interesting stuff. Coaches meeting kids, not at a parent's house, but at some local gang leader's place. Not sure if that is happening now, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at some level.

Reaction Score
DKwMrTDWsAAehsK.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. Technically, paying taxes is voluntary (Google it. Ask the IRS. It's all over the place). However failure to file a return or the willful failure to pay indicates tax evasion, which can trigger a criminal investigation.

I didn't imply anything except the IRS can make your "free" life a living h3ll. Though both would be awful, going to jail might be less miserable. At least you theoretically receive basic human needs. The IRS is like Paulie to Sonny if what Henry Hill describes happens to the Bamboo Lounge (. Pay me.). Did any of these guys commit Tax Evasion? It's not for me, nor do I care, to decide.

Beyond this, I'm not getting into it again. I made my point back then. It was correct. It still is now. You moved the goalposts. We both left links if anyone wants to revisit it. You were talking about tax evasion then. You are again. I am not.

That's my last post about this subject in this thread.
Lol, you dug up an old thread and linked to it, not at your original post but in the middle of the thread after you had backed off your original position. Kind of telling, huh?

Both in both the original thread and it's rehash here, you keep moving the bar trying to come up with a winning argument. You've failed both times.

To restate my post in this thread, yes the IRS code absolutely contains criminal provisions. And absolutely yes, if you choose not to pay the IRS you can end up in jail.

Reaction Score
I could literally see the mom of some recruit calling the FBI to try to give the money back. The amont of people "in" on the game protected most of them for a long time. It's no longer too big to fail but powerful interest will be trying to influence the outcome from here on out. I hope the Feds can remain insulated from the pressure to some extent.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
@nelsonmuntz is missing
@businesslawyer returns a surprisingly clean woodchipper.
You realize that while bleach destroys DNA evidence, it also oxidizes metals quickly and in aggressive manner. In other words - you be caught through circumstantial evidence. (Why was this wood chipper bleached?) Just run some other small mammals through it and the contamination from numerous mammalian sources will be enough to confound any forensics lab. (Well there were indications of non plant DNA, but for all we know, a rat's nest was in a log and said animals were macerated during operation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom