OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 35 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We're probably as fine as a good program can be. Even if Chillious did some stuff it wouldn't have happened while here so it wouldn't affect us a ton.

We have landed a couple recruits since he has been here

Reaction Score
Is it possible for UofL to ever actually say they are cutting ties with anyone who's had success in their athletic dept? lol ....keeping an open mind?? They just can't do it!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have landed a couple recruits since he has been here
I think the reason many think we will be okay is because of how we were quickley off the list of a few recruits who seemed to be chasing a payout and ended up at schools that raise an eyebrow. I feel like if Chill is getting us players the wrong way, we wouldn't really have needed him anyways if we were willing to play that game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is it possible for UofL to ever actually say they are cutting ties with anyone who's had success in their athletic dept? lol They just can't do it!

Translation: We're evaluating our risks between what the FBI has on Pitino/Jurich and what Jurich has on Louisville.

Translation 2: We're waiting to see if Pitino's firing calms the waters or whether we need to make a bigger statement.

Translation 3: Zurich is scum and knew everything but there are probably a lot of dupes and snowflakes in the world who we can convince otherwise. We're going to need a sleaze ball to get us back to prominence quickly so let's see if we can keep him.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I think the reason many think we will be okay is because of how we were quickley off the list of a few recruits who seemed to be chasing a payout and ended up at schools that raise an eyebrow. I feel like if Chill is getting us players the wrong way, we wouldn't really have needed him anyways if we were willing to play that game.

They would have been Cam Reddish and Immanuel Quickly, not Akinjo and Matthews. I like our players, but still.

Generally I agree that if we were cheating we would probably be getting more highly rated recruits. So in that sense I am not super worried about us yet.

However, we brought in a guy w/ some serious Nike connections to help us close out better on recruits. Based on what has started to come out of Pandora's box, let's not be naive about what that might mean.

Reaction Score
Translation: We're evaluating our risks between what the FBI has on Pitino/Jurich and what Jurich has on Louisville.

Translation 2: We're waiting to see if Pitino's firing calms the waters or whether we need to make a bigger statement.

Translation 3: Zurich is scum and knew everything but there are probably a lot of dupes and snowflakes in the world who we can convince otherwise. We're going to need a sleaze ball to get us back to prominence quickly so let's see if we can keep him.
I'm with you on 1 & 2 fleudslippcon. This stance may also be related to that 10 day clause mentioned earlier in regards to Pitino...which could apply to Jurich as well. However...risk assessment and public reaction is definitely going on here.

Reaction Score
6.1.3 is the killer for Pitino. It is the one brightline definition not subject to interpretation. The UL lawyer that put that clause in deserves a hooker and whatever leftover blow is in Jurich's office. He/She saved the university $44 million today.

I think they all seem pretty clear cut.

6.1.4 refers to "acts of moral depravity" which more or less sums up Rick Pitino's entire existence on this earth.

Reaction Score
Louisville trustees have to be sweating bullets right now over Jurich. He knows where all the bodies are buried.

Actually the ACC is sweating bullets too. This is going to get worse before it gets better.....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Paying taxes is voluntary? What a fool I've been for the last decade.
Yes. Technically, paying taxes is voluntary (Google it. Ask the IRS. It's all over the place). However failure to file a return or the willful failure to pay indicates tax evasion, which can trigger a criminal investigation.

The poster I replied to suggested that the IRS doesn't have the ability to put imprison you. I, correctly, pointed out that there are criminal provisions under the IRS code. Um, you agree with that, right?

As to your link, I can't believe that you are still butthurt over this, so much so, apparently, that you used a quote with a revised position that you took later in the thread rather than your original one. Here's the discussion from the start.

Your original position:

That statement was wrong then and still wrong now, as the discussion in the link explains in greater detail.

I didn't imply anything except the IRS can make your "free" life a living h3ll. Though both would be awful, going to jail might be less miserable. At least you theoretically receive basic human needs. The IRS is like Paulie to Sonny if what Henry Hill describes happens to the Bamboo Lounge (. Pay me.). Did any of these guys commit Tax Evasion? It's not for me, nor do I care, to decide.

Beyond this, I'm not getting into it again. I made my point back then. It was correct. It still is now. You moved the goalposts. We both left links if anyone wants to revisit it. You were talking about tax evasion then. You are again. I am not.

That's my last post about this subject in this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
C'mon!!! :rolleyes:

The way Dickie V. makes his living is not super far off from how the coaches and agents do, and he knows it (He was featured in Blue Chips). I don't buy his outrage for a second.
Neither do I buy it. If he knew something, he should have said something himself rather than being a cheerleader for college BB.

Reaction Score
. I feel like if Chill is getting us players the wrong way, we wouldn't really have needed him anyways if we were willing to play that game.
Not to mention, Sid Wilson wouldn't be the highlight of our next recruiting class.

We haven't landed a kid you'd even think of paying since Rique but he and Jalen are local kids who love UConn so you figure they didn't need any extra reason to come here (and Chill wasn't even here for their recruitments)

Reaction Score
Generally I agree that if we were cheating we would probably be getting more highly rated recruits. So in that sense I am not super worried about us yet.

However, we brought in a guy w/ some serious Nike connections to help us close out better on recruits. Based on what has started to come out of Pandora's box, let's not be naive about what that might mean.

What were Miami's recruiting rankings like? 10 and 14 the last 2 years? We had an 8th rank class in that span.

Reaction Score
Not to mention, Sid Wilson wouldn't be the highlight of our next recruiting class.

We haven't landed a kid you'd even think of paying since Rique but he and Jalen are local kids who love UConn so you figure they didn't need any extra reason to come here (and Chill wasn't even here for their recruitments)
Gilbert is from Georgia. Not local. Hopefully it's just semantics and we can continue to mock those impacted by this scandal.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think they all seem pretty clear cut.

6.1.4 refers to "acts of moral depravity" which more or less sums up Rick Pitino's entire existence on this earth.

Pitino would have been fired a long time ago if that clause mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom