OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 34 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing surprising in all of this is that it came to light as an FBI case. As soon as shoe companies start paying schools/coaches it's eventually going to trickle down to the players. Nike/Adidas sees a top prospect, uses their contract with the school to bribe players and steer them to their branded school so that come draft time it's more likely they sign officially as a pro. 1 of a billion reasons why the NBA needs to let kids come out of high school, you mucky up an already gross swamp by letting top recruits pretend to be amateurs for a year.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The only thing surprising in all of this is that it came to light as an FBI case. As soon as shoe companies start paying schools/coaches it's eventually going to trickle down to the players. Nike/Adidas sees a top prospect, uses their contract with the school to bribe players and steer them to their branded school so that come draft time it's more likely they sign officially as a pro. 1 of a billion reasons why the NBA needs to let kids come out of high school, you mucky up an already gross swamp by letting top recruits pretend to be amateurs for a year.

In Requiem for the Big East, Rollie Massimino basically admitted to getting non-taxable bags of cash from the shoe companies.

Reaction Score
Uh. Oh.

Does this suggest a trail that leads to Storrs? I know Akinjo was Peach Jam MVP, but don't know enough about the AAU connections. What are all of you informed people thinking?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can't imagine there wouldn't be a clause about HUUUUGE infractions. Like if Pitino killed 4 people and they fired him, they wouldn't be on the hook for a buyout.... right?
This is @businesslawyer 's area of expertise, so he should chime in, but I would be stretching my fingers right now if I was the Louisville CFO. He is going to be writing a check with a lot of zeros on it.

@nelsonmuntz accusing @businesslawyer of offing 4 people?

Reaction Score
Does this suggest a trail that leads to Storrs? I know Akinjo was Peach Jam MVP, but don't know enough about the AAU connections. What are all of you informed people thinking?
We're probably as fine as a good program can be. Even if Chillious did some stuff it wouldn't have happened while here so it wouldn't affect us a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom