OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ya'll are crazy. Schadenfreude is fun, but a bit early to be celebrating, no?

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more dirt is to come w/ the wiretaps, the flipping shoe company executives, the AAU booster rumor-mill. How about we wait and make sure UConn is white as snow before we start acting like 4 year olds on xmas morning?

with that out of the way and having staked my cautious and sensible position on this...

WOOOOOO HOOOOO. SCREW LouisVILLE!! Oh, Pitino I hope you get everything coming to you. God, what a day to be alive!!!!

Watch, we get busted for Glenn Miller giving out free facility tours to recruits.

Reaction Score
Everyone here knows how hopeless it feels to play in the AAC, especially after National Championships. We grieve that we have to play ECU and Tulane instead of Syracuse and Villanova.

Imagine what Louisville fans are feeling right now. They've won championships too, and now they might not have a team in the coming years. Forget Tulane and ECU, they might be playing nobody.

Its difficult to believe, but ours is not the darkest timeline.
UL won't get the death penalty. If Penn State didn't, 0% chance UL does. Tough to see Pitino surviving this, and they may well get a year or two ban from the tournament, but they'll have a program. Based on their history, there's no reason to believe they won't pony up the cash to buy a new head coach as well.

Reaction Score
ya'll are crazy. Schadenfreude is fun, but a bit early to be celebrating, no?

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more dirt is to come w/ the wiretaps, the flipping shoe company executives, the AAU booster rumor-mill. How about we wait and make sure UConn is white as snow before we start acting like 4 year olds on xmas morning?

with that out of the way and having staked my cautious and sensible position on this...

WOOOOOO HOOOOO. SCREW LouisVILLE!! Oh, Pitino I hope you get everything coming to you. God, what a day to be alive!!!!

I am definitely going to block out the thought that our ace recruiter is a former Nike executive who reeled in the number one recruit in the country to the University of Washington of all places.

I would be surprised if any big time school is completely clean.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
UL won't get the death penalty. If Penn State didn't, 0% chance UL does. Tough to see Pitino surviving this, and they may well get a year or two ban from the tournament, but they'll have a program. Based on their history, there's no reason to believe they won't pony up the cash to buy a new head coach as well.

The rules have likely changed with something this big.

Reaction Score
The rules have likely changed with something this big.

Remains to be seen if because it's so big, they'll go gentler on all involved. NCAA could consider it systemic and potentially ruinous to their cash cow (March Madness) if they suspend every team that comes out of this (assuming like I suspect that this will get much broader once people start flipping).

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
This is different, the Fed's don't go public if they don't have people dead to rights. This is just the beginning.

Yes, the Feds have those implicated dead to rights. But he NCAA will just get rid of the people involved and move along like nothing happened.

I hope you are right. But it ain't gonna happen.

Reaction Score
Penn State is not a proper comparison.

Reaction Score
I can't find it on Twitter or on any site but I heard on the radio that the NCAA's statement was, "We have no comment on this matter but we will let you know if that changes."

Will let us know IF it changes, LMAO!

Reaction Score
I am definitely going to block out the thought that our ace recruiter is a former Nike executive who reeled in the number one recruit in the country to the University of Washington of all places.

I would be surprised if any big time school is completely clean.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
And coming off the Anthony Weiner sentencing yesterday, the Southern District of NY is having a great week.

Dean Skelos and his son just had their convictions vacated by the Second Circuit.

That was dorky of me, sorry.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes, the Feds have those implicated dead to rights. But he NCAA will just get rid of the people involved and move along like nothing happened.

I hope you are right. But it ain't gonna happen.

You are probably right. But there is another way the NCAA could play this. They could make an example out of a program. Pick one of the perpetrators that doesn't quite fit in, that always has been a little bit renegade, that isn't quite up to snuff academically, is in a small market that is not attractive to advertisers, and nuke it. 2 year death penalty for the basketball program, which would trigger an investigation of the full athletic program. You probably don't have to dig to hard to find shenanigans by the shady football coach too. This penalty would violate all its conference agreements, triggering removal from its conference. Basically lay waste to the athletic program.

Maybe the league replaces that dirty program with a clean program, maybe one that is rising in academic circles and has really good women's athletics, because what better way to show you are above board than women's athletics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom