OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone here knows how hopeless it feels to play in the AAC, especially after National Championships. We grieve that we have to play ECU and Tulane instead of Syracuse and Villanova.

Imagine what Louisville fans are feeling right now. They've won championships too, and now they might not have a team in the coming years. Forget Tulane and ECU, they might be playing nobody.

Its difficult to believe, but ours is not the darkest timeline.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And the way Vance Jackson was so all-in in a 10 toes way leading up to his commitment I have to think his daddy must have been shown a brown bag of loot.
Maybe @husky99 @Storrs South or @tcf15 can find it, but there was an article where Ollie talked about schools recruiting during the season

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Everyone here knows how hopeless it feels to play in the AAC, especially after National Championships. We grieve that we have to play ECU and Tulane instead of Syracuse and Villanova.

Imagine what Louisville fans are feeling right now. They've won championships too, and now they might not have a team in the coming years. Forget Tulane and ECU, they might be playing nobody.

Its difficult to believe, but ours is not the darkest timeline.
UL may get busted down to a BC-level program for a while, but nothing else will change.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun, the longtime basketball coach at Connecticut, said: "The shoe companies have always, through grassroots, AAU, tried to get young, great players to stay with their sneakers. I remember kids getting swag, trips. But I don't remember kids getting money."

" I shouldn't say it's beyond belief, but to give money is the wrong thing. Stuff like this is obviously disturbing."

N.C.A.A. Coaches and Adidas Executive Face Bribery Charges

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Which UConn transfers or decomits ended up at one of these schools?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Brian Hamilton with a good one...

Who wants to see slick Rick on the stand, under oath?

Might as well have the perjury indictment already drafted and ready to file before he testifies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I thought I heard the recruit that Miami needed the money to compete for (before losing) was a UK signee. Is that wishful thinking?

It was a player who was now committed to the school who they were considering bidding over. The timeline and universities match up with Arizona and Kentucky, but more so Kentucky. Tough to say.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Don't hold your breath. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Penn St was caught covering up years of molestation of hundreds of young boys by the University and Athletic Dept. It is only a few years later, and they are c0mpletely free at this point and are in the hunt for the National Championship this year.

North Carolina was caught with unprecedented academic fraud. Literally made up classes, grades, etc. And not a single punishment from the NCAA and they are still competing at the highest level.

The NCAA will wait out the PR headache. Pitino will retire and UL will get a 5 years probation--which will be reduced to 3 years in another year as they get rid of those involved and have 'made significant changes' .

Unfortunately, nothing will happen.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
If enough schools are indicted after this process runs its course, and the NCAA decides to ban all schools involved (even for 1 year), does this become the genesis for P5 schools creating their own league separate from the NCAA?

Reaction Score
ya'll are crazy. Schadenfreude is fun, but a bit early to be celebrating, no?

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more dirt is to come w/ the wiretaps, the flipping shoe company executives, the AAU booster rumor-mill. How about we wait and make sure UConn is white as snow before we start acting like 4 year olds on xmas morning?

with that out of the way and having staked my cautious and sensible position on this...

WOOOOOO HOOOOO. SCREW LouisVILLE!! Oh, Pitino I hope you get everything coming to you. God, what a day to be alive!!!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Penn St was caught covering up years of molestation of hundreds of young boys by the University and Athletic Dept. It is only a few years later, and they are c0mpletely free at this point and are in the hunt for the National Championship this year.

North Carolina was caught with unprecedented academic fraud. Literally made up classes, grades, etc. And not a single punishment from the NCAA and they are still competing at the highest level.

The NCAA will wait out the PR headache. Pitino will retire and UL will get a 5 years probation--which will be reduced to 3 years in another year as they get rid of those involved and have 'made significant changes' .

Just came here to post the same thing.

Nothing is going to come of this, besides the fact that the kids who took the money are going to get screwed.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score

You're probably 100% right. The only distinction I see is that Louisville was/is under probation and committed this "violation". Does that make a difference? Probably not, but it's something.

Reaction Score
Wow, so much to say.

1. This definitely makes Ollie look good. And, if this explodes, I will admit that he was right to stay clean. I will repeat something I was told by someone close to the program. KO is neither willing nor able to do what he needs to do to get some of the recruits we lost.
2. As opposed to what some of the dooches on this board believe, I have NEVER said that every recruit we lost was due to cheating. However, I have long said that we have lost a lot of kids due to cheating and the instances were all obvious to anyone that didn't have their head buried in the sand. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it is probably a duck.
3. This isn't done yet. Don't believe that what we know is everything that is to be known. People will come forward and this will evolve and expand. The FBI is counting on it.
4. That the NCAA wasn't involved is VERY telling. Emmert is about to be violated by karma.

Reaction Score

You're joking right?
There is no way - NO WAY - that Louisville doesn't have a team.

And I have less sympathy for Lou fans as they have supported an administration that has knowingly and willingly hired coaches with a proven record of shoddy behavior.

Reaction Score

This is different, the Fed's don't go public if they don't have people dead to rights. This is just the beginning.

Reaction Score

It would take more than I've seen so far for me to disagree with you. Schools make tons of money and can only pay assistant coaches so much, can only build new practice facilities once, can only add so many flat screen TVs to locker, etc. The money is there, and great players are so valuable. To pretend the NCAA will willfully dismantle their insanely lucrative system is just wishful thinking, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom