OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure how you could watch this series and think Lebron has been beastly. He's held to an extremely high standard and he hasn't been living up to it. He can hardly score outside of four feet from the rim these days and his game 4 performance was just weird. His stats ended up looking pretty good but he had a bad game, didn't shoot the whole first half and got a fair amount of his points when the game was long over. He's still an amazing player but the eye test tells me he is on the decline, his outside shot is just broken.

This is exactly how I feel, I want to root for him and its so hard when he plays so normal. I wan thte Lebron that just hits anything you let him take with a flat mug the whole time like a robot, I find it very entertaining.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The way I see it, Draymond was overdue for getting suspended, especially since they upgraded him to a flagrant 2 for his kick on Adams... which if ruled a flagrant 2 in-game would have gotten him ejected.

People love complaining about Lebron but the simple fact is Draymond was well overdue for a suspension which should have happened vs OKC.

Reaction Score
Not sure how you could watch this series and think Lebron has been beastly. He's held to an extremely high standard and he hasn't been living up to it. He can hardly score outside of four feet from the rim these days . . .
Perfect timing. You question his beastliness, and he goes for 41, 4 of 8 from deep, 16 boards and 7 assists. And 3 steals and 3 blocks.
You're too funny.
I know there's not much of it, but something is in the water out West.

Reaction Score
Perfect timing. You question his beastliness, and he goes for 41, 4 of 8 from deep, 16 boards and 7 assists. And 3 steals and 3 blocks.
You're too funny.
I know there's not much of it, but something is in the water out West.
You're still watching? For a guy who hates the NBA you sure comment on it a lot. Lebron and Kyrie were otherworldly tonight. Lebron will go back to shooting cr@ppy from the outside, Warriors will win the series and then you will go back to saying the NBA is horrible and the three point shot has ruined basketball. Frank, you're so predictable.

Reaction Score
don't know how anyone could watch Bron these 4 games and think he's having a great Finals, game 2 he was awful, game 4 wasn't much better and his final statline only got bolstered by stat padding layups at the end that JVG called both him and Kyrie out for, and game 3 was the ultimate frontrunning performance where he piled up the points in the 3rd and 4th when the Cavs pulled away. In game 3 he was actually responsible for a good deal of their offense bogging down in the 2nd quarter when he was holding the ball and stagnating the offense. I give him a pass for game 1 since the team blew up when he went to the bench at the end of the 3rd, but calling Bron a beast in these Finals is laughable.

LeBron leads the finals in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. All five categories.

If that's not greatness, I think the word has no meaning.

Reaction Score
As far as Lebron not getting calls? That is 100 percent true in my opinion. Outside the top 10 in total free throws and outside the top 15 in free throws per game. You can't say anyone gets fouled more than him. Isiah Thomas shot more free throws.

James Harden shot 300 more free throws. That is insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
LeBron leads the finals in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. All five categories.

Lebron was not having a great Finals before last night's vintage performance(my posts were before game 5), I don't really know how anyone could argue otherwise if you were watching the games.

Reaction Score

You know what isn't greatness and leadership, the way he is always blaming someone else and embarrassing them when he calls them out on a play. One in particular in which he was wrong last night he was guarding Iggy on the perimeter when the ball went opposite low to another Cav who missed a lay up, Love was trying to get in position to weak side rebound when Thompson manhandled him and threw him away to get the rebound, Love defended the put back which was missed and followed up by Iggy for a dunk. After which LeBron looked at Love with disgust then after a whistle down the other end was telling him how to box out - it was unbelievable coming from him because if you see how I explained it and watched it, that's exactly what LBJ did, watched the whole play. His guy ultimately got he put back so he most definitely missed his assignment as he wandered to help and never go back to his guy, he actually did nothing but somehow had the nerve to call Love out. He did it later with others including another with Tristan, he must suck to play with he's not a good teammate and he is a baby the more I watch him.

He was really good as a player last night, exactly what you expect him to be as well as Kyrie, great stuff. But his actions as a teammate are embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Lebron was not having a great Finals before last night's vintage performance(my posts were before game 5), I don't really know how anyone could argue otherwise if you were watching the games.
It's almost like you're saying there's more to basketball than stats...?

Reaction Score
You know what isn't greatness and leadership, the way he is always blaming someone else and embarrassing them when he calls them out on a play. One in particular in which he was wrong last night he was guarding Iggy on the perimeter when the ball went opposite low to another Cav who missed a lay up, Love was trying to get in position to weak side rebound when Thompson manhandled him and threw him away to get the rebound, Love defended the put back which was missed and followed up by Iggy for a dunk. After which LeBron looked at Love with disgust then after a whistle down the other end was telling him how to box out - it was unbelievable coming from him because if you see how I explained it and watched it, that's exactly what LBJ did, watched the whole play. His guy ultimately got he put back so he most definitely missed his assignment as he wandered to help and never go back to his guy, he actually did nothing but somehow had the nerve to call Love out. He did it later with others including another with Tristan, he must suck to play with he's not a good teammate and he is a baby the more I watch him.

He was really good as a player last night, exactly what you expect him to be as well as Kyrie, great stuff. But his actions as a teammate are embarrassing.

You had to have been wearing your new Steph Curry 2s when you typed this.

Reaction Score
I agree....

First great game for LeBron in the series....

He was disappointing until last night....

Lue really needs to wake up, I know he's young, but it's so obvious that Kevin Love is not a good basketball player and is a negative in just about every way right now, I get you don't have much else to go to, but still...

Irving
Smith
Shumpert
Jefferson
Thompson
LeBron

Those are the 6 guys who need to play the most mins, I get you have to play Love because that's only 6 guys but he shouldn't be playing 35 mins..

41 points 16 REB 7 ass 3 stl 3 blk 2 TO....shot over 50 percent from field, 50 percent from 3...

Virtuoso performance...

Reaction Score

That's interesting because I was going to say I don't know how you could watch the games and argue he hasn't had a great series. It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to say a guy who leads in every single statistical category is not playing well.

Let me reiterate, he leads the finals in ALL FIVE statistical categories. Find a player who has ever done that and get back to me before you tell me he's not having a great series.

Reaction Score

What you described sounds like great leadership to me. If someone doesn't do their job, why don't you want players calling out their teammates and making sure they do it right the next time?

I swear, the LeBron hate is bordering on nuts.

Reaction Score
Let me reiterate, he leads the finals in ALL FIVE statistical categories. Find a player who has ever done that and get back to me before you tell me he's not having a great series.
He's a victim of the DHam, Andre Drummond effect. He's not measured on what he does, but rather on what he could do if he played to his theoretical potential, as defined by a bunch of know-nothing couch potatoes.

I love the fact that you dug out the "leads in all 5 statistical categories" and guys are arguing, "but have you watched the games?"

I also love the fact that some haters think he gets all the calls. Guy routinely gets killed going to the rim, but because he plays through the constant contact, he doesn't get the calls. Too much.

Reaction Score
He's was very good game 3 and great game 5. The other games haven't been good. Turned the ball over 6 or seven times. Took an extra dribble driving instead of taking a 12 foot pull up. Was not good 3/4 games going into last night.

Reaction Score
He's a victim of the DHam, Andre Drummond effect. He's not measured on what he does, but rather on what he could do if he played to his theoretical potential, as defined by a bunch of know-nothing couch potatoes.

I love the fact that you dug out the "leads in all 5 statistical categories" and guys are arguing, "but have you watched the games?"

I also love the fact that some haters think he gets all the calls. Guy routinely gets killed going to the rim, but because he plays through the constant contact, he doesn't get the calls. Too much.

Yea, it is kind of important to watch games instead of just reading a statline from game 4, for example. If you read the statline you would think he had a great game, but if you actually watched you would know that wasn't the case. Bron had subpar games in 2 and 4, game 1 was just ok, and game 3 he played well but really poured it on after the game got to dbl digits. I'm really baffled how anyone could say he was having a great series with 2 subpar games out of 4(game 5 hadn't occured yet), but I know you got an agenda to push.

Reaction Score
Yea, it is kind of important to watch games instead of just reading a statline from game 4, for example. If you read the statline you would think he had a great game, but if you actually watched you would know that wasn't the case. Bron had subpar games in 2 and 4, game 1 was just ok, and game 3 he played well but really poured it on after the game got to dbl digits. I'm really baffled how anyone could say he was having a great series with 2 subpar games out of 4(game 5 hadn't occured yet), but I know you got an agenda to push.
Frank clearly doesn't watch the games, no use in engaging him.

Reaction Score
Lebron is a horrible leader.
What you described sounds like great leadership to me. If someone doesn't do their job, why don't you want players calling out their teammates and making sure they do it right the next time?

I swear, the LeBron hate is bordering on nuts.

I won't argue Lebron's physical gifts, but I don't know many people who would compliment his leadership. His whole image is that of a privileged prima donna. He undermines his coaches. His teammates don't appear to like him. His actions seem a little staged and scripted (throwing the powder in the air).

Reaction Score

You keep saying you need to actually watch the games, but I have to question if you actually have. If you did, I'm not sure you know what you're actually watching.

Are you seeing LeBron's decision making? Are you seeing his stellar rim protection? Have you watched him fight through screens? How about the constant help defense?

I think you're just cherry picking field goal percentage for a few games and spurts of other games and using that to say he's not having a great series. You can't lead an entire series of games in ALL categories and not be having a great series. Why? Because it corroborates what you would see if you're actually watching these games... he's out there doing EVERYTHING for his team. Seriously, it takes mental gymnastics to argue he's not having a great series when he's out there playing hawking defense, blocking and altering shots, finishing fast breaks, hitting jumpers, boxing out and rebounding, making precision passes, etc.

The guy is the greatest player in the world and you're doing what too many clueless couch potatoes do... judge him against his own greatness.

Find me a player that's ever led an entire series in all five of those categories. Just go ahead. Report back to me. Then tell me someone that does everything isn't having a good series.

Reaction Score
Lebron is a horrible leader.

I won't argue Lebron's physical gifts, but I don't know many people who would compliment his leadership. His whole image is that of a privileged prima donna. He undermines his coaches. His teammates don't appear to like him. His actions seem a little staged and scripted (throwing the powder in the air).

I think you're conflating his ego with his leadership ability. I also don't know where you're getting the impression his teammates don't like him. Kyrie, Jefferson, Smith, etc. are constantly around him and appear happy to do so. Those guys worship him.

Is he a world class, self-absorbed jerk at times? Absolutely. But in practice, in the weight room and on the court, he is an amazing leader. I mean the guy doesn't just tell people what they should be doing and where they should be doing it, he actually backs it up by example. His workout regimen and preparation is flawless. A massive ego and a jerk? Yes. A great leader nonetheless? Yes.

Reaction Score
You keep saying you need to actually watch the games, but I have to question if you actually have. If you did, I'm not sure you know what you're actually watching.

Are you seeing LeBron's decision making? Are you seeing his stellar rim protection? Have you watched him fight through screens? How about the constant help defense?

I think you're just cherry picking field goal percentage for a few games and spurts of other games and using that to say he's not having a great series. You can't lead an entire series of games in ALL categories and not be having a great series. Why? Because it corroborates what you would see if you're actually watching these games... he's out there doing EVERYTHING for his team. Seriously, it takes mental gymnastics to argue he's not having a great series when he's out there playing hawking defense, blocking and altering shots, finishing fast breaks, hitting jumpers, boxing out and rebounding, making precision passes, etc.

The guy is the greatest player in the world and you're doing what too many clueless couch potatoes do... judge him against his own greatness.

Find me a player that's ever led an entire series in all five of those categories. Just go ahead. Report back to me. Then tell me someone that does everything isn't having a good series.

Yea this is going nowhere, you seem to be projecting Bron's game 5 performance onto the entire series when he hasn't played like that. Not even saying he has to do that for 5 games because that would be ridiculous and unfair, but the other 4 games were not great. You see it your way, I see it mine, go on with your day.

Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind about Lebron is that he is playing an insane amount of minutes. This will lead to having higher counting stats and not playing as well down the stretch. Even before last night I think he has been the best player in the series.

Reaction Score
Yea this is going nowhere, you seem to be projecting Bron's game 5 performance onto the entire series when he hasn't played like that. Not even saying he has to do that for 5 games because that would be ridiculous and unfair, but the other 4 games were not great. You see it your way, I see it mine, go on with your day.

For all the time you've been telling people he hasn't played well and they need to watch the games, you've yet to give any reason(s) why.

It reminds me of whenever people complain about a coach for not making adjustments, and sure enough, they never say what adjustment(s) the coach should have made that would have helped. It's all generalities without anything actually tangible.

I've said several reasons why he is playing well. I backed up my opinion with something tangible.

Reaction Score
For all the time you've been telling people he hasn't played well and they need to watch the games, you've yet to give any reason(s) why.

It reminds me of whenever people complain about a coach for not making adjustments, and sure enough, they never say what adjustment(s) the coach should have made that would have helped. It's all generalities without anything actually tangible.

I've said several reasons why he is playing well. I backed up my opinion with something tangible.

I haven't read a single thing tangible in your posts, good day sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22