OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Green suspended for Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think many of you are lost on the whole 'suspension' part of it, its not just for this just one infraction (where he did punched lebrons groin), its policy after 4 flagrant youre suspended 1 game. Lesson: stop throwing limbs at peoples crotches. Lebron goaded him into clearly but it was a genius move now in hindsight.

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the NBA's policy regarding flagrant fouls and techs. It's the playoffs - if a singular act isn't enough to warrant a suspension, then there shouldn't be one because a guy racked up poor credit over a period of time. The NBA already imposes fines, in addition to the actual game rules that penalize those plays already, to combat that sort of thing.

I don't think there are any explicit shenanigans at play here from the NBA, but it's a hell of a lot more convenient to suspend him now than it was when they trailed the Thunder 2-1. Don't confuse the TV dollars being locked in for the NBA not having any incentive for the series to go longer - of course they want their signature product to be as compelling as possible.

Whereas before a suspension of Green risked compromising the integrity of the result, now the narrative - assuming Golden State loses game five - will be that the Warriors have two more chances to close it out, and if they don't, they didn't deserve to win, anyway. Plus, it's easy to justify a suspension given Green's run this postseason.

None of this is to excuse Green's actions. He probably should have been suspended at least once already. Doing it now, though, when they didn't before, reeks of self-interest (not saying that was the driving factor, just that it probably factored in).

Reaction Score
This is LeBron and the NBA almost assuring another game to make money on and that's all , nothing else. LeBron was a punk/baby at the end of that game, bullying himself around the court too. He elected to purposely walk over him rather than away, gets what he deserves.

Reaction Score
This is LeBron and the NBA almost assuring another game to make money on and that's all , nothing else. LeBron was a punk/baby at the end of that game, bullying himself around the court too. He elected to purposely walk over him rather than away, gets what he deserves.

Overall I tend to agree with this. The plays leading up to this you could see Lebron was getting chippy because he wasn't getting the calls he feels he should. That step over Green deserves a tech too. Now green hitting him in the balls aint right either, but then again, if Lebron wasnt stepping over him and spreading his legs wide open directly above another man, then you dont expose your balls to get hit. If i knew nothing about Green, never saw him before I would say that wasnt intentional, however he hits dudes balls waaaay too often so i'm going to say it was on purpose. Either way, Lebron started it and Green kept it going. There was alot worse in the OKC series.

Either way this is what is starting to turn me off to the NBA. I feel like i'm watching a scripted WWE match. Calls are tight one game and completely different the next. A foul on one players isnt a foul on the next. Lebron is no different than he use to be, the only difference in this series is he isnt getting the superstar calls he normally gets. I can understand why he'd be frustrated and why cavs fans would be frustrated too. There is no consistency in the NBA.

I keep watching because these guys are amazing athletes and still do amazing things.. I just wish there was more basketball and less refs and politics in the game. I want to see that 90s style of NBA basketball back.

Reaction Score
I was watching the Allen Iverson documentary yesterday and saw this. Iverson stepping over Tyrone Lue, like Lebron stepped over Green.

Reaction Score
I love Green as a player but dude has become reckless to the point where it has become absurd. It wasn't nearly the same level, but I remember when Kobe kept wacking guys in the face during the follow thru on his jumpshot, he eventually got suspended and then he stopped doing it. Hopefully Green having to miss a Finals game knocks some sense into him that he's gotta fall back with all of this nonsense.

Reaction Score
Green is such a dirty scummy player, but this play itself was not bad and was all LeBron. Sure Green played it up after Lebron stepped over him, but that wasn't a groin punch, it was a medium strength "get off me bro" shrug, in the replays it seemed obvious Green wanted to look like a tough guy but not actually connect or harm LeBron in any way.

LeBron did this on purpose, went at him yelling to try to lure him into a fight knowing he would be suspended. After they scuffled for a second, Green went back to playing while LeBron manhandled him over and over until they made a call. LeBron shouldn't be rewarded for blatantly trying to bait a guy into a fight. LeBron was the punk b*tch in this situation and I'm glad a lot of people see it

Reaction Score
The plays leading up to this you could see Lebron was getting chippy because he wasn't getting the calls he feels he should.
LeBron is a massive whiner, and that is really annoying. He's a phenom, and he shouldn't need to whine about every third whistle.

On the other hand, it's absolutely criminal the way the refs have swallowed their whistles his whole career because he's a runaway freight train. These dinky guys like Curry who are skinny and relatively unathletic get bumped slightly and bounce off the defender and get the whistle. LBJ goes around the first man, who has a forearm planted in his ribs and is swatting his shoulder with his other hand, makes it to the second defender who bodies him sliding sideways while catching his arm, and . . . no call. He's a victim of being so incredibly athletic and chiseled and just unreal. He doesn't LOOK like he's getting fouled, because he plays through contact better than any player I've ever seen.

Love Jordan - guy was a mental beast and willed himself to greatness. But he got every call, and I mean EVERY call. I guess, maybe, that's appropriate, as he pretty much resurrected the NBA all by his lonesome, and LBJ hasn't had to do that.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure when this narrative that LeBron gets no calls started, but it's ridiculous. He's gotten a generous whistle since day one - more so than most stars get when they enter the league.

Reaction Score

I know the suspension was automatic because they ruled it a flagrant, however this feels like such a money grab. What Green did to Adams was much worse, than what happened with Lebron.

It was pretty obvious what the NBA was going to do here....

Although I don't agree with the decision, Green is a punk and should've been suspended at least a game in these playoffs already, guy makes dirty play after dirty play....although like I said I don't agree with this one.....

Reaction Score
Go watch some of the old Pistons/Knicks/Bulls series. Green is not a "very dirty player" compared to those guys.
That's like comparing the NFL to the NBA....silly comparison...

Obviously the rules are changed and the NBA game is a totally different game from the 80's and 90's to 2016, totally different game...

Green is by far the dirtiest player in the NBA for 2016, obviously not 1980's or 90's...

Reaction Score
LeBron is a massive whiner, and that is really annoying. He's a phenom, and he shouldn't need to whine about every third whistle.

On the other hand, it's absolutely criminal the way the refs have swallowed their whistles his whole career because he's a runaway freight train. These dinky guys like Curry who are skinny and relatively unathletic get bumped slightly and bounce off the defender and get the whistle. LBJ goes around the first man, who has a forearm planted in his ribs and is swatting his shoulder with his other hand, makes it to the second defender who bodies him sliding sideways while catching his arm, and . . . no call. He's a victim of being so incredibly athletic and chiseled and just unreal. He doesn't LOOK like he's getting fouled, because he plays through contact better than any player I've ever seen.

Love Jordan - guy was a mental beast and willed himself to greatness. But he got every call, and I mean EVERY call. I guess, maybe, that's appropriate, as he pretty much resurrected the NBA all by his lonesome, and LBJ hasn't had to do that.
Let's be honest, James has come up short and has had a poor finals so far, been a real disappointment, he has games in front of him in where he can changed the narrative similar to what the Warriors did in the OKC series, will he? Hopefully....loving watching greatness, hopefully he can get back to being great...

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, James has come up short and has had a poor finals so far, been a real disappointment, he has games in front of him in where he can changed the narrative similar to what the Warriors did in the OKC series, will he? Hopefully....loving watching greatness, hopefully he can get back to being great...

theres nothing honest about that statement, lebron has been a beast in the finals averging 23/9/7 on high efficiency and his on/splits are jaw dropping, his level of value is absurd.

Reaction Score
This narrative floating around the media bashing lebron and calling him/cavs whiners for talking to the league, are these casual basketball fans? I found the miami heat bitching to league officials that lin was getting too many calls in the first round more distasteful, i mean green is a serial offender and needs to be taught a lesson. Saunter over to blogs/twitter/reddit everybody is bashing lebron ,its hilarious.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This narrative floating around the media bashing lebron and calling him/cavs whiners for talking to the league, are these casual basketball fans? I found the miami heat bitching to league officials that lin was getting too many calls in the first round more distasteful, i mean green is a serial offender and needs to be taught a lesson. Saunter over to blogs/twitter/reddit everybody is bashing lebron ,its hilarious.

I get where they are coming from, in that Lebron is a bit of a baby in general, but Green certainly deserves it. Not so much the the singular incident in question, but for the string of groin shots and stray kicks. He's a phenomenal talent, and I love the way he plays, but he's got to cut out the extracurricular BS. It's mind boggling because that stuff is so damn pointless. It's not intimidating, provides no advantage, and only hurts his team. Makes no sense at all.

Reaction Score
I get where they are coming from, in that Lebron is a bit of a baby in general, but Green certainly deserves it. Not so much the the singular incident in question, but for the string of groin shots and stray kicks. He's a phenomenal talent, and I love the way he plays, but he's got to cut out the extracurricular BS. It's mind boggling because that stuff is so damn pointless. It's not intimidating, provides no advantage, and only hurts his team. Makes no sense at all.
his adaption on the flying kick, or the bruce bowen special, is admirable. He flops his limbs anywhere and recklessly. I dont think its necessarily 'head hunting' but it shows how completely oblivious he is to some of the basic rules of the nba.

Reaction Score
theres nothing honest about that statement, lebron has been a beast in the finals averging 23/9/7 on high efficiency and his on/splits are jaw dropping, his level of value is absurd.

By his own standards, though, he's been less than great. He's turning it over almost 6 times per game, shooting 31% from three, and getting to the line just four times per game. His lack of a jump shot has been exposed and he hasn't finished at the rim in match-ups where he should be (especially when the Warriors go small; Cleveland's only chance in that scenario is LeBron bullying his way to the rim).

You can't blame LeBron for the problems Golden State poses to Cleveland's defense, but you can blame him for the way their offense has disintegrated at times (especially late in game four) throughout the series.

Reaction Score
don't know how anyone could watch Bron these 4 games and think he's having a great Finals, game 2 he was awful, game 4 wasn't much better and his final statline only got bolstered by stat padding layups at the end that JVG called both him and Kyrie out for, and game 3 was the ultimate frontrunning performance where he piled up the points in the 3rd and 4th when the Cavs pulled away. In game 3 he was actually responsible for a good deal of their offense bogging down in the 2nd quarter when he was holding the ball and stagnating the offense. I give him a pass for game 1 since the team blew up when he went to the bench at the end of the 3rd, but calling Bron a beast in these Finals is laughable.

Reaction Score
don't know how anyone could watch Bron these 4 games and think he's having a great Finals, game 2 he was awful, game 4 wasn't much better and his final statline only got bolstered by stat padding layups at the end that JVG called both him and Kyrie out for, and game 3 was the ultimate frontrunning performance where he piled up the points in the 3rd and 4th when the Cavs pulled away. In game 3 he was actually responsible for a good deal of their offense bogging down in the 2nd quarter when he was holding the ball and stagnating the offense. I give him a pass for game 1 since the team blew up when he went to the bench at the end of the 3rd, but calling Bron a beast in these Finals is laughable.
considering his work load on both ends of the floor and that Lue hasn't found any time for him to rest, i thought it was an apt description. sure he could be better shooting wise but he's still produced the most for them and could be due for another big performance tonight. we'll see.

Reaction Score
LeBron averaged a career low minutes per game this season, and the Cavs had an absolute cakewalk to the finals. It's laughable to try to blame Lue for his struggles.

I don't think LeBron's had a bad series, but he's been a bit underwhelming. Last game was the perfect example - the Cavs were starting to fall apart at the seams, and LeBron never really even tried to take over.

I know being pass-first will always be his mentality, but he needed to do more for his team to pull that win out. Instead, he watched as Kyrie tried (and failed) to put the team on his back.

Reaction Score
considering his work load on both ends of the floor and that Lue hasn't found any time for him to rest, i thought it was an apt description. sure he could be better shooting wise but he's still produced the most for them and could be due for another big performance tonight. we'll see.

The Cavs are mostly overmatched against the Warriors and Bron can barely rest, doesn't change the fact that this is an underwhelming performance. You can't cite stats to prop up Bron's performance when dude just propped up a dreadful performance in Game 4 by throwing in some uncontested layups to pretty up his stat line.

Reaction Score
just saw this on another board regarding game 4:

"In the 4th quarter between the 10 minute and 1 minute mark Lebron went 0/4 and had 1 point with the game on the line. 0/4fg, 1/2ft, 1 asst, 2 rebs, and 1 TO...Cleveland was -7 in this time frame"

Gotta call a spade a spade, this Bron performance has been subpar.

Reaction Score

I actually think the league waited until it didn't matter to suspend Green. GS is not losing this series, so the league thinks it can save face by assessing the flagrant and "making a statement". They were to chicken-$*!t to suspend Green for the Adams incident, which again was far more egregious than what he did here, because GS was in real danger of losing . . .

Reaction Score
Not sure how you could watch this series and think Lebron has been beastly. He's held to an extremely high standard and he hasn't been living up to it. He can hardly score outside of four feet from the rim these days and his game 4 performance was just weird. His stats ended up looking pretty good but he had a bad game, didn't shoot the whole first half and got a fair amount of his points when the game was long over. He's still an amazing player but the eye test tells me he is on the decline, his outside shot is just broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom