OT - A-Rod | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - A-Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL @ douches in the thread too!;)
Not sure how I'm a for laughing at all your ridiculous comments. I mean, you guys can't seriously wonder why Ortiz is more well liked or different than A-Rod right? The mirror picture, the multiple weird shirtless photo shoots, trying to slap the ball out while going to first, the Cameron Diaz popcorn thing, etc., etc. It's like German scientists went into the lab and created the first ever robot. Definitely an awesome player though.

Reaction Score

Bonds is the biggest D bag to play baseball. One of the most unfriendly stars in all sports. It wasn't a secret either. He never signed autographs and was just full of himself.

Reaction Score
LOL @ Yankees fans in this thread.
Yankee fans don't like ARod and know he's a fraud, Red Sox fans worship at the feet of Ortiz and won't admit he's a fraud. I can't stand AROD but he was always an unbelievable ballplayer even before PED's, I certainly can't say the same for Ortiz.

Reaction Score
LOL @ Yankees fans in this thread.

Remember, they don't care about Ortiz and never spare him a thought. It's other people who are always posting about Ortiz :D

Reaction Score
Yankee fans don't like ARod and know he's a fraud, Red Sox fans worship at the feet of Ortiz and won't admit he's a fraud. I can't stand AROD but he was always an unbelievable ballplayer even before PED's, I certainly can't say the same for Ortiz.

Arod has been in PEDs since high school. Phenomenonal player and skill set but never did it without help

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Baseball complains about it more because statistics are a much bigger deal for baseball fans. The fact that the most revered records in the game were taken apart by an era of rampant cheating is something we'd rather forget. Some of the records were also pushed so far out that they'll likely never be reached.

As far as the ridiculousness of the faces of the steroid era being kept out of the hall, count me as a big fan of that. To me it doesn't matter that some of them would have been hall of famers without the steroids. Some of them had hall of fame numbers before they got on the steroids or HGH. I still think that level of cheating should disqualify you from the hall. I also have no problem with Pete Rose being held out of the hall.

I do have an issue with some of the guys being held out on mere suspicion of use. There needs to be some level of evidence required.

Except that it wasn't cheating. Use of PEDs wasn't banned by the league. McGwire got his andro at GNC. It was over the counter stuff. None of them are cheaters. Even with the PEDs, you still need to put in the time at the gym. Let's not pretend that these things are banned now because of the impact that they had on players and the game, that was viewed as a positive. They are banned because the negative health effects became clear.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if this is true, as my exposure to Red Sox and Yankees fans is really just this board, but it seems to me on field production has to play a large role in how much each player is liked amongst the fan base. Ortiz has come up huge multiple times in the playoffs, and ARod's Yankees career was pretty disappointing aside from the last time the Yankees won the World Series when he was awesome.

Reaction Score
Except that it wasn't cheating. Use of PEDs wasn't banned by the league. McGwire got his andro at GNC. It was over the counter stuff. None of them are cheaters. Even with the PEDs, you still need to put in the time at the gym. Let's not pretend that these things are banned now because of the impact that they had on players and the game, that was viewed as a positive. They are banned because the negative health effects became clear.
None of them are cheaters? As a gym goer since I was in high school I always have trouble with people saying it's not cheating and you still have to put all the hard work in the gym that someone who isn't using does. With setroids you are able to lift more weight with less work put in. You can grow and maintain freakish muscles without putting in nearly as much effort as someone like me who doesn't take the easy way. I also disagree that baseball gives two sharts about health concerns. There isn't some new info about health concerns related to steroids. MLB knew exactly what was going on and loved the ratings too much to care. They didn't all of a sudden have a conscience, Congress got involved.

Reaction Score

Exactly.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Big Yankee fan here. Still it is easy for me to see why Ortiz is liked more than fellow cheater A-Rod. Outside of last year, I think most Yankee fans liked Ortiz more. No one hated A-Rod better than Yankee fans.
It is not just the PED use, it was always his being too full of himself. I take A-Rod at his word now. He is mending relationships. More important for him than his 700 homers. Good for him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
None of them are cheaters? As a gym goer since I was in high school I always have trouble with people saying it's not cheating and you still have to put all the hard work in the gym that someone who isn't using does. With setroids you are able to lift more weight with less work put in. You can grow and maintain freakish muscles without putting in nearly as much effort as someone like me who doesn't take the easy way. I also disagree that baseball gives two sharts about health concerns. There isn't some new info about health concerns related to steroids. MLB knew exactly what was going on and loved the ratings too much to care. They didn't all of a sudden have a conscience, Congress got involved.

Not disagreeing. Point is, it wasn't against the rules of baseball. Therefore, it was not cheating.

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing. Point is, it wasn't against the rules of baseball. Therefore, it was not cheating.

Robbery and extortion isn't against the rules of baseball either. Steroids and PEDs are illegal in the United States. You don't need to make rules in baseball when there are already state and federal laws prohibiting them

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It is illegal but wasn't illegal in baseball. Selig was the worst.
Robbery and extortion isn't against the rules of baseball either. Steroids and PEDs are illegal in the United States. You don't need to make rules in baseball when there are already state and federal laws prohibiting them

And the Andro that McGwire bought at GNC? Many of the prohibited PEDs are not illegal steroids themselves. Hell, using Sudafed will trip the test.

Reaction Score
And the Andro that McGwire bought at GNC? Many of the prohibited PEDs are not illegal steroids themselves. Hell, using Sudafed will trip the test.

You are aware Mac was on roids not andro when part of the bash brothers in Oakland?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You are aware Mac was on roids not andro when part of the bash brothers in Oakland?

No, he wasn't. Not according to any reports I saw. Canseco was on roids.

Reaction Score
No, he wasn't. Not according to any reports I saw. Canseco was on roids.

Canseco although a slime ball has been the most honest and forthcoming about the usage of steroids in baseball when he played. Mac was on roids keep living in denial

Reaction Score
Not sure how I'm a for laughing at all your ridiculous comments. I mean, you guys can't seriously wonder why Ortiz is more well liked or different than A-Rod right? The mirror picture, the multiple weird shirtless photo shoots, trying to slap the ball out while going to first, the Cameron Diaz popcorn thing, etc., etc. It's like German scientists went into the lab and created the first ever robot. Definitely an awesome player though.

Thanks finally some input, awful as it is, finally something from you. Amazing.

Funny thing is we know he's more well liked than ARod. Guess for such an intelligent, maybe easily the most on the board just ask you, you can't read too well huh? But hey you're entertainment value is worth not blocking your spew.

Reaction Score
Before the PED's? So little league?

Reaction Score
Thanks finally some input, awful as it is, finally something from you. Amazing.

Funny thing is we know he's more well liked than ARod. Guess for such an intelligent, maybe easily the most on the board just ask you, you can't read too well huh? But hey you're entertainment value is worth not blocking your spew.
You literally said in this thread that there is no difference between ARod and Ortiz. I'm glad in the last hour or 2 you managed to have an epiphany as to the differences that make Ortiz more likable.

I also don't know why you keep bringing up this false narrative that I think I'm super intelligent. I'm super intelligent compared to you, which is true for anyone with basic average intelligence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You literally said in this thread, on this page, that there is no difference between ARod and Ortiz. I'm glad in the last hour or 2 you managed to have an epiphany as to the differences that make Ortiz more likable.

I also don't know why you keep bringing up this false narrative that I think I'm super intelligent. I'm super intelligent compared to you, which is true for anyone with basic average intelligence.

Hmmmm.... There is no difference in ARod and Papi, their both frauds and that's what I meant, not how well liked they were. But who cares I disagree with you and that makes me happy, tells me on the right side of this argument.

And once again your intelligence comeback - really pitiful but that's who you are. Your friend must be proud!;)

Reaction Score
None of them are cheaters? As a gym goer since I was in high school I always have trouble with people saying it's not cheating and you still have to put all the hard work in the gym that someone who isn't using does. With setroids you are able to lift more weight with less work put in. You can grow and maintain freakish muscles without putting in nearly as much effort as someone like me who doesn't take the easy way.

Do you know steroid users? I'm not trying to be snide, I'm curious. The guy I work out with trains a number of guys on gear and I don't think they're taking any sort of easy route. They can just break through the ceiling that's imposed on natty guys. You can take all the tren etc. in the world and if you don't bust your *** you're still going to look like trash. Their capacity for work might be greater but I don't think it's any kind of shortcut.

Personally, I don't particularly give a **** who's on steroids and who isn't. That white lineman for the Broncos, I can't remember his name, was a walking poster boy for gear after coming off his suspension and no one seems to care. James Harrison is 275 at 6-0, carries no fat, and runs like a deer. Alllll natural.

I don't know what makes baseball so sanctified.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm.... There is no difference in ARod and Papi, their both frauds and that's what I meant, not how well liked they were. But who cares I disagree with you and that makes me happy, tells me on the right side of this argument.

And once again your intelligence comeback - really pitiful but that's who you are. Your friend must be proud!;)
LOL, so superjohn makes a post stating that he'll never understand the love affair with Ortiz, and you respond to agree with that post, saying there is no difference between he and ARod, but you weren't talking about how well liked they are.

You're always the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS