OT - A-Rod | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - A-Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL @ Yankees fans in this thread.
Well, since they'll both be up for HOF consideration together in 5 years, it should certainly be an interesting topic of discussion well outside of just NY and Boston.

Reaction Score
Arod has been in PEDs since high school. Phenomenonal player and skill set but never did it without help
Utter nonsense. PEDs are also destructive to your body. There is absolutely no way in hell ARod was using PEDs as a teenage and his body was still able to support top athletic competition at age 39. Ridiculous on its face.

Reaction Score

People also conveniently forget this classic arod highlight

Definitely not. Because that's AWESOME.

It is hysterical to see some of you dip$hits come out of the woodwork with videos of that crap. The Bronson Arroyo slap ? Are you kidding me ? Whatever. You do realize you morons have won not 1, not 2, but THREE world series since then, right ?

Everytime I think I've outgrown my distaste for idiot Red Sox fans you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why douchey Sox fans are the absolute worst in sports.

Honestly, I'm a fan of the Patriots, having lived in Boston area for 8 years and my team almost never competing directly with the Patriots, but you do know that with the shoe on the other foot, there is no fanbase more reviled in all of sports than Patriots fans, most likely because the vast majority of that fanbase is made up of long time Sox fans.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It is hysterical to see some of you dip$hits come out of the woodwork with videos of that crap. The Bronson Arroyo slap ? Are you kidding me ? Whatever. You do realize you morons have won not 1, not 2, but THREE world series since then, right ?

Everytime I think I've outgrown my distaste for idiot Red Sox fans you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why douchey Sox fans are the absolute worst in sports.

Honestly, I'm a fan of the Patriots, having lived in Boston area for 8 years and my team almost never competing directly with the Patriots, but you do know that with the shoe on the other foot, there is no fanbase more reviled in all of sports than Patriots fans, most likely because the vast majority of that fanbase is made up of long time Sox fans.

For the record I'm an ex-Met fan currently ten toes in on the Pirates since I live here. I posted the slap because it's an unprofessional girly play.

Reaction Score
For the record I'm an ex-Met fan currently ten toes in on the Pirates since I live here. I posted the slap because it's an unprofessional girly play.

But again whyy post ARod's slap? It wasn't the first time at all and won't be the last time. As I said the ever scrappy favorite Pedey did it also. It's called reaction to making a play, it's not at all girly. Having played the game if a throw is to the inside of the bag on the line my elbow is trying to take the ball out of the glove if I can be discreet. There's not much of a difference at all except his was there for everyone to see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not a red Sox fan at all nice try.

Reaction Score

It's odd to me that you think someone would have to be a Red Sox fan to laugh at that play. 95+% of people I know are neither Red Sox or Yankees fans, yet they all laugh at ARod about that play because it's hillarious he would try that.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
But again whyy post ARod's slap? It wasn't the first time at all and won't be the last time. As I said the ever scrappy favorite Pedey did it also. It's called reaction to making a play, it's not at all girly. Having played the game if a throw is to the inside of the bag on the line my elbow is trying to take the ball out of the glove if I can be discreet. There's not much of a difference at all except his was there for everyone to see.

Who is "Pedey"? Is that Pedroia? I'm not up on AL nicknames since it's not real baseball.

Reaction Score
Who is "Pedey"? Is that Pedroia? I'm not up on AL nicknames since it's not real baseball.

AL is not real baseball? Well going from the Mets to the Pirates isn't a real fan either so I guess sit doesn't matter. It's so exciting to watch both of those teams though because they are in the NL. LOL

But yes it's Pedroia.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
AL is not real baseball? Well going from the Mets to the Pirates isn't a real fan either so I guess sit doesn't matter. It's so exciting to watch both of those teams though because they are in the NL. LOL

But yes it's Pedroia.

That's what moving to Pittsburgh does to you. You buy into it. I like going to games and it's a great park I even have a 20-game plan for a couple thou and go to Spring Training. Never did that with the Mets. I'm even watching hockey again.

But I quit the NFL. No way I was becoming a Steelers fan.

Anyway, I quit the Mets after the two choke jobs a decade ago when they were just insufferable prima donnas. Better to support the crappy team that at least tried.

Reaction Score
That's what moving to Pittsburgh does to you. You buy into it. I like going to games and it's a great park I even have a 20-game plan for a couple thou and go to Spring Training. Never did that with the Mets. I'm even watching hockey again.

But I quit the NFL. No way I was becoming a Steelers fan.

Anyway, I quit the Mets after the two choke jobs a decade ago when they were just insufferable prima donnas. Better to support the crappy team that at least tried.

I get that, moving to Pitt can make a change easier. I moved from central CT 26 years ago but it happened to be to WesMass. No shot of Yankee fan switching to their team I promise. ;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

There's plenty of douchey fans of damn near every team, except most perennial bottom feeders (funny that Philly fans manage to tick both of those boxes). You live in Boston, you post on the Yard, so you are exposed to way more Sox fans than any other team out there. Is what it is.

you do know that with the shoe on the other foot, there is no fanbase more reviled in all of sports than Patriots fans.

That's because they win. If they didn't, nobody would care about them.

Reaction Score
This is one weir send off, so Arod will be in the lineup for 2 days then see ya. Amazingly the Yankees are 4.5 games out of the wild card. So if your Cashman are you hoping to see Arod go 0-4 for those 2 days, imagine if Arod were to hit lets say 2 hrs in each game and hit a gw hr on Friday, how bad would that look for the Yankee brass. I get the impression that Girardi and Cashman really dont like Arod, in Arod's press conference he thanked the Steinbrenner family but never thanked Girardi or Cashman. Its the right decision its just a very weird situation. Alex Rodriguez-Girardi Drama Making Yankees 'Farewell Tour' a Rocky Affair

I am very interested to read an ARod or Cashman tell all book about this theres is more to the story then we know, Arod's whole career would make a very interesting ESPN 30 for 30 story.

Reaction Score
This is one weir send off, so Arod will be in the lineup for 2 days then see ya. Amazingly the Yankees are 4.5 games out of the wild card. So if your Cashman are you hoping to see Arod go 0-4 for those 2 days, imagine if Arod were to hit lets say 2 hrs in each game and hit a gw hr on Friday, how bad would that look for the Yankee brass. I get the impression that Girardi and Cashman really dont like Arod, in Arod's press conference he thanked the Steinbrenner family but never thanked Girardi or Cashman. Its the right decision its just a very weird situation. Alex Rodriguez-Girardi Drama Making Yankees 'Farewell Tour' a Rocky Affair

I am very interested to read an ARod or Cashman tell all book about this theres is more to the story then we know, Arod's whole career would make a very interesting ESPN 30 for 30 story.

Yanks were pretty shi**y in the way they treated ARod this week. Girardi's apologies were weird soon after his promises? Crazy but oh well.

Reaction Score
The way this has all unfolded has been even weirder than I anticipated. First, Girardi remains staunch that his job is to win games and A-Rod sits. Then, on Thursday and Friday, with those games only increasing in significance, there he was, in the middle of the order, driving in runs to help secure victories (he also went like 1-8 in those at bats, to be fair). Tomorrow, apparently he's going home. Bizarre.

Girardi is sniffling his way through his post game presser trying to express what this has all meant to him, and I think his teammates would vote unanimously to keep him around.

This seems to encapsulate the entire Yankees season, where how far away they actually are - a couple games out of the playoffs - seems exponentially further than where they actually are. They gave away three of their best four or five players and continue to stubbornly waltz towards a playoff bid, even though some of the names are hardly recognizable.

Putting aside the fact that this would never have happened to anyone else (Tex has been nearly as bad; Jeter was nearly as bad in his final season, and any talk of release would have been preposterous), the Yankees have tried to play the situation both ways and been caught awkwardly in the middle.

Reaction Score
I'm a Yankees fan, but I never was a big A-Rod fan. However, I'm not going to lie, I was pumped when A-Rod hit that double in the gap and even more pumped when Gardner rounded third to score. Good for him and nice to see that he'll finish his career batting .200 this season.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The Yankees are now young, talented and have a loaded checkbook. That is the point.
A-Rod's good-bye was confusing but he left a better man.

Reaction Score
Going to go off the tracks a bit(never happens here)-why can't the XL center do SOMETHING like Citi Field to improve concessions? The current offerings outside of the BEAR stand are just awful.

Reaction Score
One of the best in an era? He is one of the best of all time. Bonds is the GOAT. People let PEDs skew their perception far too much imo.
Ummm.... No.
Ped's helped define borderline mlb players into all stars and some all stars into HOF's. Big Papi is the biggest. But he's likable so he gets a pass on that.

Reaction Score
Canseco although a slime ball has been the most honest and forthcoming about the usage of steroids in baseball when he played. Mac was on roids keep living in denial
He only came clean when he was broke and wrote a book. While he was playing he vehemently denied using. Loser!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Marlins were already thinking about A-Rod before today. Now with Stanton out for the year, there's an actual reason for Loria to bring him in. Get those tix sales for watching #700 while the rest of the team tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom