OT - A-Rod | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - A-Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry 77-74 but that's what you have been. Takes a lot for me to do that these days but you're just not a real nice guy. You prey on people you believe to be less intellectual than you and I can't make that up. It's more than obvious to many. That just isn't a good trait. I admit I'm just throwing stuff out, think I know some stuff over things I just have an opinion. You actually believe anything you say to be the only way, that's sad.

Keep being you though.
LOL, well maybe an old man and a loser is what he thinks you have been. You're 10x more insulting to people on this board than I will ever be, yet will never grasp that because you rationalize all your behavior and have little self awareness. Out of the hundreds of people who post on this site, I point out that 6-10 of them are absurd idiots based upon their posts. Sorry you fall into that category. It doesn't mean I'm "preying" on anyone or am a bad person.

Reaction Score
LOL, well maybe an old man and a loser is what he thinks you have been. You're 10x more insulting to people on this board than I will ever be, yet will never grasp that because you rationalize all your behavior and have little self awareness. Out of the hundreds of people who post on this site, I point out that 6-10 of them are absurd idiots based upon their posts. Sorry you fall into that category. It doesn't mean I'm "preying" on anyone or am a bad person.

I am an absurd idiot yet you have stalked me for months? If you were honest with yourself you would know you created the insults I have for you, not me. BU, Palantine the people you deem less intelligent to you somehow makes you follow us around like Ted Bundy. You're just a weird dude, or Kaitlyn or whatever.

Wow, you're lost in your own little world. You my man, or woman, I feel for. Unfortunately for you many others do too, you are pretty much ARod to most here like it or not. Enjoy

Reaction Score
I am an absurd idiot yet you have stalked me for months? If you were honest with yourself you would know you created the insults I have for you, not me. BU, Palantine the people you deem less intelligent to you somehow makes you follow us around like Ted Bundy. You're just a weird dude, or Kaitlyn or whatever.

Wow, you're lost in your own little world. You my man, or woman, I feel for. Unfortunately for you many others do too, you are pretty much ARod to most here like it or not. Enjoy
I haven't remotely stalked you. We're only in this conversation because I made a post in this thread and you responded to it calling me a .

I did get get a huge laugh out of "you created the insults I have for you". It's like a master class in rationalizing behavior.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm friends with some competitive bodybuilders. They will tell you diet and roids are more important than actual training. Of course you have to lift heavy to get really big but it's so much easier on gear. They can just crank out sets of light weight shrugs and their traps are going to pop like crazy. They curl just the bar and their arms are going to get a crazy pump while I curl sets of 135 and can't get the same pump. Of course if you take gear and don't lift you are going to look like cr@p and be unhealthy but you're nuts if you don't think the muscle building benefits are huge. I don't have a problem with anyone doing it and you can't compete in the sport of bodybuilding without it but to say it's not a shortcut is ridiculous, of course it is.

I didn't say the benefits aren't huge, of course they are, and you're right that it is physically impossible to compete as a bodybuilder without it. I guess I just chafe a little when people look at some monster and say "ah, that's steroids" and minimize the effort that it takes to look like someone like Bradley Martyn, for example, who's carrying 30+ pounds more than Arnold ever did at 6-3 with sub-5% body fat. Obviously he's not natural but he also put in a hell of a lot of work to get to that point. Your average weekend warrior is not going to look like that, steroids or not. Not the point you were making, but it popped into my head because of a conversation I was having this morning.

Incidentally, the best steroid-related stat I've ever seen is Brady Anderson's 50 HR season in '96 after hitting 13, 12 and 16 the prior three years, and then 18 in '97. It's almost like he said "No one is going to believe this" and got cold feet.

Reaction Score
You clearly never played baseball. That's the lowest level of gamesmanship

Its only an issue in baseball in football, guys talk hit all the time before a kicker attempts a kick or during a fair catch, or in basketball during a ft attempt. Baseball tries too hard with being a good boy sport.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What are you talking about, yes you can.
Talking about going to Citi Field with a family of four or five, sitting in average seats, eating and maybe a couple beers. I'm sure I could do it less expensively with discount tickets and packing our own food, but that's not the way we do it. If I'm bringing my girls, buying food there is at least half the draw.

Reaction Score
Going from:

You simply can't bring your family to a game anymore without spending hundreds of dollars.

to:

Talking about going to Citi Field with a family of four or five, sitting in average seats, eating and maybe a couple beers. I'm sure I could do it less expensively with discount tickets and packing our own food, but that's not the way we do it. If I'm bringing my girls, buying food there is at least half the draw.

You can easily bring a family of four to a baseball game (Especially if it is not Yankees, Red Sox, Mets) without spending hundreds of dollars.

Reaction Score
I didn't say the benefits aren't huge, of course they are, and you're right that it is physically impossible to compete as a bodybuilder without it. I guess I just chafe a little when people look at some monster and say "ah, that's steroids" and minimize the effort that it takes to look like someone like Bradley Martyn, for example, who's carrying 30+ pounds more than Arnold ever did at 6-3 with sub-5% body fat. Obviously he's not natural but he also put in a hell of a lot of work to get to that point. Your average weekend warrior is not going to look like that, steroids or not. Not the point you were making, but it popped into my head because of a conversation I was having this morning.

Incidentally, the best steroid-related stat I've ever seen is Brady Anderson's 50 HR season in '96 after hitting 13, 12 and 16 the prior three years, and then 18 in '97. It's almost like he said "No one is going to believe this" and got cold feet.
The average person doesn't know anything about building muscle and think if you take steroids you automatically look like a monster. The average gym goer is just as clueless, I don't work out at a weightlifter gym, I go to LA Fitness where most people spend well over an hour a day and get about as much out of it as they would have on their couch. These people are annoying as are the people who are obviously on gear and deny it. If you have spent a lot of time lifting and know the human anatomy it's really easy to spot someone who is on roids. I think it's such a copout when people try to claim something they are not. . . . . . . .to look like a bodybuilder you have to have really good genetics, eat constantly, take a massive amount of supplements and cycle gear, and know what you're doing in the gym. I would never take away from bodybuilders, there is not a more taxing sport. 24/7 they are training, most people don't recognize the couple hours in the gym is the fun and easy part. Every single thing that goes into their body all day long has to be planned out. Most of those guys aren't all that happy, they are forcefeeding themselves bland food all day and night. Bodybuilding was better back in Arnold's day. They were all taking stuff but they looked better and healthier than today's physiques. Once guys like Dorian Yates came along with the distended guts the whole sport turned into who could pack on the most mass and look the freakiest. Those guys are mutants, they are incredibly strong but unhealthy, many of them get winded just walking around.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Somewhat random interjection but I never really understood why Red Sox fans were always so taken aback by when Arod tried to slap the ball out of Arroyos glove.

The umps made the correct call and his reaction where he claimed to have just hit it running was obviously embarrassing but to be honest I didn't think it was a terrible idea at the time and I've definitely seen guys do it sliding into home against a catcher.

Definitely an out.
Definitely an embarrassing explanation by Arod.
Terrible thought in a spot where it was a sure fire out...I don't know..seemed like an OK last ditch effory.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the people who say it costs $50 to go the movies these days. Sure if you buy a bunch of cr@p food at the game or movies it will get a little pricey. Go to the game to watch a game, go to the movies to watch a movie, go to the restaurant to eat.

Reaction Score
Somewhat random interjection but I never really understood why Red Sox fans were always so taken aback by when Arod tried to slap the ball out of Arroyos glove.

The umps made the correct call and his reaction where he claimed to have just hit it running was obviously embarrassing but to be honest I didn't think it was a terrible idea at the time and I've definitely seen guys do it sliding into home against a catcher.

Definitely an out.
Definitely an embarrassing explanation by Arod.
Terrible thought in a spot where it was a sure fire out...I don't know..seemed like an OK last ditch effory.

Its not like this was some random game in May, it was game 6 of the ALCS and was a total bush league move.

Reaction Score
You Yankees fans should be more like your idol Jeets, who likes Papi and loathes the foook out of A-Rod.

RE2PECT ORTIZ!

ny_g_jeter_sy_300.jpg

Reaction Score
You Yankees fans should be more like your idol Jeets, who likes Papi and loathes the foook out of A-Rod.

RE2PECT ORTIZ!

ny_g_jeter_sy_300.jpg

He hasn't muttered a word about ARod's announcement yet spoke about Tex's, fairly obvious huh?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You can easily bring a family of four to a baseball game (Especially if it is not Yankees, Red Sox, Mets) without spending hundreds of dollars.
That's a heck of a qualifier for someone who lives in CT.

This reminds me of the people who say it costs $50 to go the movies these days. Sure if you buy a bunch of cr@p food at the game or movies it will get a little pricey. Go to the game to watch a game, go to the movies to watch a movie, go to the restaurant to eat.

Ok, you guys got me. It is possible. Great point (and probably more likely if you're talking crap food).

I don't eat at the movies btw. Ok, maybe a handful of popcorn or some Swedish Fish.

Didn't think it was possible to find guys cheaper than my dad here, but there you have it. Seems a lot more expensive to me than when I was a kid, but I guess I'm doing it wrong.

Reaction Score
@8893 agreed. For family of 4 before even walking in the gate you are spending ($30/ticket, $30 parking, $20 tolls, $20 gas or $105 round trip on the Yankees subway training from new haven with 2 adults answer 2 kids)

So just to get into the game if you drive it's $190 or $225. Then if you all get hotdogs and drinks about another $50. What if your kids wants a hat or shirt or something there another $50.

It becomes easily a $300+ night for a family of 4. That's not economically feasible for the regular family of 4

Reaction Score
@8893 agreed. For family of 4 before even walking in the gate you are spending ($30/ticket, $30 parking, $20 tolls, $20 gas or $105 round trip on the Yankees subway training from new haven with 2 adults answer 2 kids)

So just to get into the game if you drive it's $190 or $225. Then if you all get hotdogs and drinks about another $50. What if your kids wants a hat or shirt or something there another $50.

It becomes easily a $300+ night for a family of 4. That's not economically feasible for the regular family of 4
Went to a White Sox Yankees game a few weeks back for $7.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Went to a White Sox Yankees game a few weeks back for $7.
Bet you packed a sammie and a bottle of water in your cargo shorts, too. Amirite?

Reaction Score
Bet you packed a sammie and a bottle of water in your cargo shorts, too. Amirite?
Don't wear cargo shorts and don't eat at games, sat 10 rows back. I have plenty of money and don't waste it on pigging out on ballpark food. I prefer eating at a good restaurant before or after the game. That's the way I grew up doing it, as a kid my dad would drive us in from CT., we would enjoy the game and then head out to Chinatown or Little Italy for a good meal. You are doing it wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't wear cargo shorts and don't eat at games, sat 10 rows back. I have plenty of money and don't waste it on pigging out on ballpark food. I prefer eating at a good restaurant before or after the game. That's the way I grew up doing it, as a kid my dad would drive us in from CT., we would enjoy the game and then head out to Chinatown or Little Italy for a good meal. You are doing it wrong.
I know, man. You're hardcore and you doing everything the correct, old fashioned way. The rest of us are clown pretenders giving in to the easy, lazy, unhealthy ways of the modern world. Yup, pigging out on crap food is exactly what I'm talking about. It's pretty much all we do wherever we go, be it the movies, the ballpark, a museum, a park or whatever. Well, when we're not taking our PEDs, that is. We never even go to our seats; we just keep walking around spending money and being distracted by shiny pennies.

Good on ya, dude. Keep being you.

But your assumptions are dead wrong.

Yes, heading into NYC for a nice sit-d0wn meal before or after the game is definitely the way to keep costs down. I will suggest that to the Fresh Air Fund, too.

Reaction Score

That pre/post game meal is part of the price/night out. You get that right?

And if you are coming from CT you are leaving at the absolute latest 4 pm for a 7 pm game and getting home at around midnight. That means you are going to be eating twice

Reaction Score
That pre/post game meal is part of the price/night out. You get that right?

And if you are coming from CT you are leaving at the absolute latest 4 pm for a 7 pm game and getting home at around midnight. That means you are going to be eating twice
Those are two entirely different experiences. You guys spending hundreds of dollars at the game are doing it wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Those are two entirely different experiences. You guys spending hundreds of dollars at the game are doing it wrong.
Says the man who has never experienced the combo taco platter at El Verano Taqueria or a sandwich from Mama's of Corona.

And those are now among the most pedestrian items in the park. It's a freaking outdoor mall with food options that collect some of the city's best and most interesting restaurants and spread them throughout. I still like El Verano and Mama's though because they are local Queens establishments, and Mama's has been at the field since it was Shea Stadium. And they are both really, really good (and among the best food values in the park imo).

Reaction Score
Says the man who has never experienced the combo taco platter at El Verano Taqueria or a sandwich from Mama's of Corona.

And those are now among the most pedestrian items in the park. It's a freaking outdoor mall with food options that collect some of the city's best and most interesting restaurants and spread them throughout. I still like El Verano and Mama's though because they are local Queens establishments, and Mama's has been at the field since it was Shea Stadium. And they are both really, really good (and among the best food values in the park imo).
This is true. Have never experienced really good Mexican food in the Northeast, awesome deli though.

Reaction Score
I don't understand guys like ARod, Manny, Bonds and Clemens, etc who were great before touching the stuff. Was it vanity to stay productive past their prime? Though never really confirmed I think it was PEDs that eventually cut Nomar's career short. Packed on more muscle than his tendons could handle and the tendons weren't strong because it wasn't from exercising.
Here's the thing. These guys didn't START it. Clemens, for instance, led the league in strikeouts in 1996, but was only 10-13 with a good, but not spectacular 3.63 ERA. And the Sox let one of the best ever walk out the door. Same year F'in Brady Anderson hits 50 HR.

These guys were the best in the game until some average players started taking PEDs and made the greats look merely average at times. Why are Clemens, Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, etc. going to sit back and let Brady Anderson get all the headlines, contract money, etc. ? That's why they did it. Vanity ? Sure. But it didn't happen in a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom