OT - 2017 PGA Championship (Quail Hollow) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - 2017 PGA Championship (Quail Hollow)

Reaction Score
I think Day is like I'm going for it or losing anyway

I think he is like a guy who's not that into it. Has $50M in the bank, hot wife, young kids, maybe doesn't enjoy the grind

Why didn't Day just chip out to his left to the fairway?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Why didn't Day just chip out to his left to the fairway?

I didn't watch it today, but on the appearances of that picture it looks like an obvious choice to me too.

I'm a bit confused by that also, wonder if anyone knows the reason.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
At this point, I have no idea, but I'll take Justin Thomas for the win. Stupid crazy day. I have no idea why Day chose to throw his chances away with a ridiculous shot that was still only give him an outside shot at a 5 instead going with an obvious shot that would give him a good shot at a 5 and a possible 4 like Oost took.

Reaction Score
Couldn't exactly follow all of this, but I'm a big tipper. And always tip in cash. That's an area u can't criticize me. All others pretty fair.

I can't stand Kisner or Stroud.

Have to give you a ton of credit JSM and I mean this. Just when I'm ready to throw you into the huskymagic fold you make me laugh. You took my reply and told me you were a good tipper which made me snicker, and respect you more not that it matters anyway. But you take this all in stride and I like that. And for the records, Jusge is awful right now, like really really bad. But you don't have a half year like that without having something in the tank. Hope you're wrong, I really do LOL

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Justin Thomas. Was awesome to see Spieth and Fowler sitting on the green waiting for him to finish

Reaction Score
Ricky too little too late but nonetheless nice run.

JT is a stud.. 155 lbs of dynamite there will be more majors for him. USA wins 3 of 4 majors that's a good sign.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was working outside and debated whether to go inside and watch the last few holes. I looked at the leaderboard and it was more like something you'd see at the John Deere Open than a major, so I decided to keep resealing the driveway.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm curious how long JT can last with that swing. He's small and he needs to torque that back, legs and hips to generate that power.

Used to be golfers wanted a graceful swing so they could play professionally for 25-30 years.

Now they figure they can bank a couple hundred million by age 35-40 and retired to corporate events.

In the meantime JT is fun to watch. He can go real low when necessary and it took him exactly two majors to recover from his US Open collapse.

Reaction Score
He played a great back 9. Hideki was bad, Stroud & Kisner had zero chance. Rickie & Reed were great, just started too far back

Rickie lost the tourney on Green Mile yesterday. I will never say that again fortunately.

That course was incredibly unappealing on TV. I love the Open Championship courses. Augusta always looks good, but course is stupid now with 90 million changes because it's such a simple track today

Erin Hills was a joke, same with Chambers Bay. I hate these stupid man made dunes courses that are look phony

I'm curious how long JT can last with that swing. He's small and he needs to torque that back, legs and hips to generate that power.

Used to be golfers wanted a graceful swing so they could play professionally for 25-30 years.

Now they figure they can bank a couple hundred million by age 35-40 and retired to corporate events.

In the meantime JT is fun to watch. He can go real low when necessary and it took him exactly two majors to recover from his US Open collapse.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At this point, I have no idea, but I'll take Justin Thomas for the win. Stupid crazy day. I have no idea why Day chose to throw his chances away with a ridiculous shot that was still only give him an outside shot at a 5 instead going with an obvious shot that would give him a good shot at a 5 and a possible 4 like Oost took.

Well done, sir. Well done.

Reaction Score
He played a great back 9. Hideki was bad, Stroud & Kisner had zero chance. Rickie & Reed were great, just started too far back

Rickie lost the tourney on Green Mile yesterday. I will never say that again fortunately.

That course was incredibly unappealing on TV. I love the Open Championship courses. Augusta always looks good, but course is stupid now with 90 million changes because it's such a simple track today

Erin Hills was a joke, same with Chambers Bay. I hate these stupid man made dunes courses that are look phony

To be fair I think its hard for any course in August to look as appealing as Augusta does in April. This one actually had water and trees which is more than Erin Hills had.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I thought the course looked really good considering it was just totally reworked less than a year ago. A few more years of growing things in and it will be fantastic. It was also setup great for a risk reward potential. JT's tee shot on 17 was exactly that. Hit it perfect and win - miss it and lose. Everyone else played it relatively safe and didn't win. Rolling in 3 15+ footers doesn't hurt, but the tournament for him really came down to that shot.

I have no idea how anyone watching that for several days could hate that course. Good crowds, good holes, lots of danger and some of the most challenging par 4s on tour. A perfect venue for the PGA championship.

Reaction Score
Great shot by JT on 17, no need to hit the shot there, but he pulled it off

I didn't like the course at all, no color anywhere, just unappealing, gimmicky in areas putting pins on top of ridges or having greens that had no break or speed

I mean, would you care if someone said they could get you onto there to play vs. other places.

I think the PGA & US Open are done going to these non-traditional course any longer, which is good

I thought the course looked really good considering it was just totally reworked less than a year ago. A few more years of growing things in and it will be fantastic. It was also setup great for a risk reward potential. JT's tee shot on 17 was exactly that. Hit it perfect and win - miss it and lose. Everyone else played it relatively safe and didn't win. Rolling in 3 15+ footers doesn't hurt, but the tournament for him really came down to that shot.

I have no idea how anyone watching that for several days could hate that course. Good crowds, good holes, lots of danger and some of the most challenging par 4s on tour. A perfect venue for the PGA championship.

Reaction Score

Ricky was even par on the green mile yesterday wasn't he? Can't "lose it" that way.

So you hate this course, Augusta sucks now, Chambers Bay and Erin Hills blow as do all the man made dunes courses. We need to play The Open 4 times for you to be happy I guess. This is a "you" post no doubt.

Reaction Score
Rickie played well. Was awful on Green Mile Sat and lost tourney there.

I like Augusta visually, just a very easy track, even with them changing it constantly.

Yes, hate the gimmicky links courses.

Love Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Congressional, Torrey, Olympic, Brookline, Kiawah, Pebble, Shoal Creek

Ricky was even par on the green mile yesterday wasn't he? Can't "lose it" that way.

So you hate this course, Augusta sucks now, Chambers Bay and Erin Hills blow as do all the man made dunes courses. We need to play The Open 4 times for you to be happy I guess. This is a "you" post no doubt.

Reaction Score
Rickie played well. Was awful on Green Mile Sat and lost tourney there.

I like Augusta visually, just a very easy track, even with them changing it constantly.

Yes, hate the gimmicky links courses.

Love Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Congressional, Torrey, Olympic, Brookline, Kiawah, Pebble, Shoal Creek
Torrey Pines is not a great golf course, you must like it because you see water on a few holes, and that makes you say "oooh fun".

Quail Hollow will be in the PGA Championship rotation and is hosting the 2021 Presidents Cup and is being discussed as a future Ryder Cup venue. Get use to seeing it because the players and golf people know its a great course and set up for a big event.

Reaction Score
Uggghhhhh

I saw they are playing 2020 @ Whistling Straits, geez I hate that gimmicky course so much

2024 @ Bethpage Black, that will be loud and raucous

Quail Hollow will be in the PGA Championship rotation and is hosting the 2021 Presidents Cup and is being discussed as a future Ryder Cup venue. Get use to seeing it because the players and golf people know its a great course and set up for a big event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom