OT - 2017 PGA Championship (Quail Hollow) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - 2017 PGA Championship (Quail Hollow)

Reaction Score
Umm, sure, that matters how?
How does being an all timer at your profession matter?

God, every time I do not think you could say something that is dumber than what you have in the past you prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
No surprise you like Phil. Phil is a complete F$£@£€$ hole, biggest in sports

He's done too. He totally sucks. He's a laughingstock out there. He sprays driver and irons everywhere.

Not sure what gave that away. But guess what I don't like Phil. I don't dislike Lefty but he's not one of my guys, but let's see who else you can't stand by the end of the weekend

Reaction Score
Before JSM ruins yet another thread lets get back to golf.

Leaderboard is setting up great, Koepka, Hideki, Rickie, DJ, Day, Rory, and Speith all right there. Could have been a great round by Rickie if not for that triple.

Like the changes to the course and really like it as PGA Championship venue as the 14-18 can cause huge swings.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Aside from the ridiculousness about Phil, not exactly what you would expect to see on the leaderboard on day 1. Some solid names on the top, Kisner, Koepka, Fowler and Harman at 2 under or better. Matsuyama, Day, Dustin, Perez, and Rahm at 1 under. Kuchar, Spieth, Chappell and Rory at even or 1 over all still in it.

Tomorrow will be very interesting to see how the guys who you don't expect to be there hang on or fall off and the guys you expect to be there a few shots back fall back or move up.

Pretty tight field going into tomorrow.

I had to work today - can't wait to watch tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Boring course

Could be a good weekend

Get us Rickie on Sunday late

Rickie is quasi-Tiger popular and hasn't won. Love the dude, favorite player by a mile.

Aside from the ridiculousness about Phil, not exactly what you would expect to see on the leaderboard on day 1. Some solid names on the top, Kisner, Koepka, Fowler and Harman at 2 under or better. Matsuyama, Day, Dustin, Perez, and Rahm at 1 under. Kuchar, Spieth, Chappell and Rory at even or 1 over all still in it.

Tomorrow will be very interesting to see how the guys who you don't expect to be there hang on or fall off and the guys you expect to be there a few shots back fall back or move up.

Pretty tight field going into tomorrow.

I had to work today - can't wait to watch tomorrow.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Boring course

Could be a good weekend

Rickie is quasi-Tiger popular and hasn't won. Love the dude, favorite player by a mile.
I'm sorry - I actually try not to respond your posts, but lordy.....

Boring Course - what course of any that we have talked about in the last two years have you liked? Where would you like these played that aren't boring or tricked up? It just gets old. They all play the same course and have to be the best at whatever track they decide on. The actual pros playing these courses have all had great things to say about every one for the last several years. The weather has been better than expected on many - you can't plan for that.

Rickie is quasi-Tiger like in popularity? Seriously? There are a bunch of golfers far more popular: Rory, Spieth, Day, Justin, Sergio and even guys like Phil, Els and Singh. You may love Rickie, but trust me, he is not the crowd favorite at any event that matters. Certainly nowhere near Tiger in popularity.

Rickie has won 4 times in 8+ years on tour. You don't get quasi Tiger like popularity when you win once every 2 years and never win a major.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Boring Course - what course of any that we have talked about in the last two years have you liked? Where would you like these played that aren't boring or tricked up? It just gets old. They all play the same course and have to be the best at whatever track they decide on. The actual pros playing these courses have all had great things to say about every one for the last several years. The weather has been better than expected on many - you can't plan for that.

Rickie is quasi-Tiger like in popularity? Seriously? There are a bunch of golfers far more popular: Rory, Spieth, Day, Justin, Sergio and even guys like Phil, Els and Singh. You may love Rickie, but trust me, he is not the crowd favorite at any event that matters. Certainly nowhere near Tiger in popularity.

He was already clowned this year declaring Fowler the most popular golfer.

Nothing to back it up.

Reaction Score
I'll be there Friday. Not sure how much walking around we will be doing our if we will be planted in a sponsors tent.

Reaction Score
He's the most popular player on the tour. Listen to anyone of the golf analysts or commentators.

Nothing to back it up.

Reaction Score
He's the most popular player on the tour. Listen to anyone of the golf analysts or commentators.

Can't believe you like him, he gags on huge apples in majors and with leads on the 3rd day? Call me crazy but this is the kind of guy you hammer on whenever possible.

Reaction Score

Rickie has won 4 times in 8+ years on tour. You don't get quasi Tiger like popularity when you win once every 2 years and never win a major.
I think JM1970 is a Troll
But he is right about Ricky you are wrong as you totally miss the point.
If Ricky had Jorden's Resume than he would be Tiger II. JS has zero personality. That's a problem for American Golf
He has won very little yet he is always mentioned in the media. There is a tip. The media understands he is salable even with little success.
I followed him since his playoff loss on the fall tour in the Fry's . An event I had a chance to work except for foot surgery. There was a Buzz around him there not only from kids but even my friends who raved about his demeanor. The articles on him in Golf magazines for someone who has accomplished so little speaks to his Markerabily
He has that charisma lacking in the current crop of players. Even DJ as far as he can hit it is colorless.
Rory is Charismatic but not American. Purest don't care about the country by casual fans do.
If Ricky wins a major it would be the best thing that could happen to American golf since Tiger burst on the scene.

Reaction Score
Pebble, Congressional, Olympic, Torrey, Brookline, Shinnecock, winged foot, Shoal Creek, etc

They are playing @ Bethpage and Ocean Course coming up

Reaction Score
I'm no troll, but I can be a little unbalanced at times

I heard 2 golf analysts say Rickie is the most popular player on the tour by miles, people who are at tons of tournaments

Frank Nobilo was on WFAN and said one problem Rickie has is he is in too much demand from sponsors that it is exhausting mentally & physically

I think JM1970 is a Troll
But he is right about Ricky you are wrong as you totally miss the point.
If Ricky had Jorden's Resume than he would be Tiger II. JS has zero personality. That's a problem for American Golf
He has won very little yet he is always mentioned in the media. There is a tip. The media understands he is salable even with little success.
I followed him since his playoff loss on the fall tour in the Fry's . An event I had a chance to work except for foot surgery. There was a Buzz around him there not only from kids but even my friends who raved about his demeanor. The articles on him in Golf magazines for someone who has accomplished so little speaks to his Markerabily
He has that charisma lacking in the current crop of players. Even DJ as far as he can hit it is colorless.
Rory is Charismatic but not American. Purest don't care about the country by casual fans do.
If Ricky wins a major it would be the best thing that could happen to American golf since Tiger burst on the scene.

Reaction Score
Boring course

Could be a good weekend

Not enough windmills and waterfalls for you?

Hating on this course when every player and golf analysts raves about is peak JSM. Wouldn't know a good course if it hit you upside the head.

Reaction Score

Nothing to back it up.
I hate to say it buts he's actually right Rickie is the most popular player on tour and it's not close.

Fowler was the second most mentioned athlete in all of sports last year on Twitter with 11,701, barely being edged out by LeBron James' 12,939 mentions.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Whelp - pre start favorite Rory is done.

Reaction Score
Whelp - pre start favorite Rory is done.
I actually do not think he is out of it. Yet.

If 2nd is -4 or -5 after today he could be in position to go low early tomorrow and put himself in a later group and Kisner is most likely gonna come back to earth.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Finau is messing up my DK lineup right now..

Reaction Score
He's done. Dude can't putt and sprays his driver everywhere.

I actually do not think he is out of it. Yet.

If 2nd is -4 or -5 after today he could be in position to go low early tomorrow and put himself in a later group and Kisner is most likely gonna come back to earth.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I take that back...its not right now anymore...3 in a row.
And a double on a par 3.

Tough course

Kisner shot lights out again.

Reaction Score
He's done. Dude can't putt and sprays his driver everywhere.
So the guy who is #1 in SG off the tee cannot win because of his driver? Ha I mean come on man, at least put some effort into these hot takes.

He is #198 in hole proximity from 150-100 yards, that is his issue.

Just give it up man

Reaction Score
Hard not to like Hideki

They'll throw a huge, crazy parade if he wins

Day is heating up too. He & Kaymer are the prettiest players on tour. Love watching both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom