OT - 2017 PGA Championship (Quail Hollow) | The Boneyard

OT - 2017 PGA Championship (Quail Hollow)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this should be a heck of a tournament this weekend. Rory usually owns Quail Hollow, but they've made some changes to the course so it will be interesting to see if he maintains his prior levels of success.

16, 17, and 18 almost ensure there being some crazy drama on Sunday afternoon. 3 of the toughest closing holes in golf.

Besides Rory, I think Koepka is a name to watch this week. Spieth obviously has been on fire as of late and is gunning to complete the career grand slam with a win this weekend.

Who do you guys got? I've got tickets for Friday so looking forward to seeing just how difficult the course is in person.

Reaction Score
Tons of good players could be in contention late

Rory
Jordan
Day
Hideki
DJ
Rickie
Kim
Brooks
Sergio

My pick is Rickie to finally get one, I think he finishes strong

Drew

Reaction Score
Tons of good players could be in contention late

Rory
Jordan
Day
Hideki
DJ
Rickie
Kim
Brooks
Sergio

My pick is Rickie to finally get one, I think he finishes strong
Agree about Fowler having a good chance. This is probably Rickie's best shot to get one so far. Won the Wells Fargo tournament at Quail Hollow a couple years ago and always plays well here.

Reaction Score
For my golf pool I have to pick 3 players from the world top 20 and 3 players from the field

Rors
Rickie
Hideki

Xander Shchauffele
Brendan Steele
Danny Lee

those are my 6 guys for this tournament.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
May be a mud fest. Lots of rain forecsasted.

Rory has shown he can lap the field in these conditions.
Hideki plays well when you can launch it high.
Spieth just knows how to win.
Rickie, not betting on him til he wins one.
Charley Hoffman- won't win but pick him if you do fantasy drafts.

What could be fun is Rory and Spieth battling on Sunday. Rory denies Spieth the Grand Slam. Come April 2018 Rory and Spieth battle at August and Jordan denies Rory the Grand Slam.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For my golf pool I have to pick 3 players from the world top 20 and 3 players from the field

Rors
Rickie
Hideki

Xander Shchauffele
Brendan Steele
Danny Lee

Like Schauffele,not sold on Lee or Steele. I'd take a long look at Hoffman if you have room to change.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Rors
Rickie
Hideki

Xander Shchauffele
Brendan Steele
Danny Lee

For the field, I'd go with Schwartzel, Pieters and Chappell.

Reaction Score
Like Schauffele,not sold on Lee or Steele. I'd take a long look at Hoffman if you have room to change.
Hoffman is 20th in the world so he is not a long shot and he would need to replace Rory, Hideki or Fowler to use him

Reaction Score
Rory is the obvious favorite, but it is amazing how no one is mentioning DJ. #1 player in the world on a course which puts an emphasis on being long and straight off the tee.

Rory, Rahm, and DJ are ranked 1-3 in SG off the tee.

My pick is Hideki. Some long shots I like (50/1 or more) are Finau Pieters, and Leishman.

Reaction Score
Rory is the obvious favorite, but it is amazing how no one is mentioning DJ. #1 player in the world on a course which puts an emphasis on being long and straight off the tee.

Rory, Rahm, and DJ are ranked 1-3 in SG off the tee.

My pick is Hideki. Some long shots I like (50/1 or more) are Finau Pieters, and Leishman.

DJ has pretty much been off the radar for fans since he missed the Masters. Then he got cut from the US Open and didn't contend on the weekend for the British Open so I think its a case of just being out of sight, out of mind.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hoffman is 20th in the world so he is not a long shot and he would need to replace Rory, Hideki or Fowler to use him

Okay.

Some others outside of 20 playing well are Knox, Vegas and Dufner.

Reaction Score
For the field, I'd go with Schwartzel, Pieters and Chappell.

definitely great picks. My guess is everyone is going to have Pieters so I tried to be different. Closest I've come to placing in this damn thing was like a T-12! I have til tmo to make adjustments and may just throw in schwartzel over Danny Lee....Lee's history at this course is tremendous.

Reaction Score
definitely great picks. My guess is everyone is going to have Pieters so I tried to be different. Closest I've come to placing in this damn thing was like a T-12! I have til tmo to make adjustments and may just throw in schwartzel over Danny Lee....Lee's history at this course is tremendous.
Been a poor year for Schwartzel, especially off the tee, Danny Lee has been great at Qauil Hollow and will be underpicked I bet. I like the Lee choice.

Reaction Score
If anyone is going and looking for a place to go afterwards...I bartend at Del Friscos in the South Park area just 10 min from QH. It'll be busy, but I can guarantee you a good conversation about the tournament and how we should/shouldn't/idk/head explode/recruiting nightmare/wait it out Kevin Ollie

Reaction Score
Koepka
Johnson
Finau

Finau tees off early with South Hadley MA and now pro at Black Hall (Old Lyme CT) Adam Rainaud. Yeah I like Tony too he's been playing decent golf as of late.

My pick is Noren due to splash in a US event.

Drew

Reaction Score
love the random stories like this that come with every major. will be following Vermeer for a few holes for sure on Friday: Omaha golf pro Ryan Vermeer plays practice rounds with some of PGA’s biggest names

Vermeer, a teaching pro at Tiburon, will be the first Nebraskan to play in the PGA in 11 years. He tees off at 8:20 a.m. CDT on Thursday and 1:30 p.m. Friday. Also in his group are South African Richard Sterne and Chris Stroud, the winner of the PGA Tour’s Barracuda Championship on Sunday.

Vermeer is the first from the Nebraska Section PGA to qualify since Chris Wiemers of Omaha in 2005 and 2006. No Nebraskan has made the PGA cut since Tom Sieckmann of Omaha tied for 52nd in 1991. The last from the club pro ranks was Bud Williamson from the Country Club of Lincoln, who tied for 58th in 1959.

Vermeer’s spot came through the PGA Professional Championship. He tied for ninth at 1-over. The top 20 gain berths in the PGA.

A Millard South graduate, he played one year on the Web.com Tour after being a third-team All-American at Kansas in 2000. He gained PGA of America membership last year and was last year’s Nebraska Section champion.

Verneer’s first major championship is the biggest stage the native of Spencer, Iowa, the son of a golf pro, ever has been on.

“My one real goal is whatever the results may be that I walk off the course and at least be happy with how I played,” Vermeer said. “If I play well, with no stupid mistakes or bad decisions, there’s no reason I can’t shoot good scores and play four rounds.”

Reaction Score
Off and running, course looks great, Hideki continues his hot streak and Koepka putting on a ball striking clinic through 4 holes (and putting like a 10 handicap)

Drew

Reaction Score
does anyone have a stream that is not a nbc site? Won't load for me for some reason at work

Reaction Score
No surprise you like Phil. Phil is a complete F$£@£€$ hole, biggest in sports

He's done too. He totally sucks. He's a laughingstock out there. He sprays driver and irons everywhere.

JSM is the biggest F$£@£€$ hole on this board. He is a total joke. A laughingstock.

Reaction Score
No surprise you like Phil. Phil is a complete F$£@£€$ hole, biggest in sports

He's done too. He totally sucks. He's a laughingstock out there. He sprays driver and irons everywhere.
Phil has $500 mill in the bank, 5 majors to his name, and is a hall of famer, and you are JSM.

So wait who is the laughing stock?

Reaction Score
Umm, sure, that matters how?

Phil has $500 mill in the bank, 5 majors to his name, and is a hall of famer, and you are JSM.

So wait who is the laughing stock?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom