OT: 15 things we miss in Connecticut | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 15 things we miss in Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Miller's Provisions and French's Bakery. The best hot dog, and the best hot dog buns, respectively.

Reaction Score
As incomprehensible as it is to me, the dog track that replaced the jai alai in Bridgeport is still in operation.
Go for the triple crown every year. For the Derby this year was the largest crowd ever. $4 ice cold aluminum pounders

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As incomprehensible as it is to me, the dog track that replaced the jai alai in Bridgeport is still in operation.

But minus the dog racing, it's just an OTB now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is Jai-Alai on the list. Man I miss Jai-Alai.

I actually went to Jai-Alai in Ft. Pierce this winter. It was grim, though I was pretty sure it wasn't fixed. In the last round, the 8 won 4 straight points to win game. The player took no money in the win pool. They ended up paying anyone who had the 2nd place player to win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No it's not. It's just OTB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I actually went to Jai-Alai in Ft. Pierce this winter. It was grim, though I was pretty sure it wasn't fixed. In the last round, the 8 won 4 straight points to win game. The player took no money in the win pool. They ended up paying anyone who had the 2nd place player to win.

I went in Miami a few year ago. Yikes.

I'll watch a few games at Mohegan.

You see a lot of No Tix in the results.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's funny. The name is still Shoreline Star Greyhound Park.

Probably because they are too cheap to change the sign.

Reaction Score
Being from Milford, I miss not being able to go Paul's for a burger and a shake. I also miss the Capital Theatre, a great place to see a movie.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
I went in Miami a few year ago. Yikes.

I'll watch a few games at Mohegan.

You see a lot of No Tix in the results.

I really miss Jai Alai. Great sport to watch.

Reaction Score
on the music front...

The Sting
The El n Gee (which may still be open but turned into a cesspool)
The Agora Ballroom
Station 58 (New London)
Junior's Music (Clinton guitar store)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Danbury Fair mostly sucked, but the Saturday nite races... Geno Spada in the black 8 car vs Don LaJoie in his red, white & blue #711.

Reaction Score
Shaboo?

Shaboo is a bit before my time; as is the glory days of the Agora. I only put it on there b/c it seems every one of my fave bands played there and I was just too young to go. My brother used to rave about it...

On the restaurant front, I have great memories of going to Luciano's Boathouse in Westbrook. Absolutely ungodly amounts of food. That place was my family's celebration restaurant.

Reaction Score
Is Jai-Alai on the list. Man I miss Jai-Alai.

Bolivar is Back!

I still wear this ugly orange shirt from the mid-late nineties, proclaiming his return. It has actually turned into my hookup shirt as it is now worn and soft.

I'm married so I don't wear it often.

Man I miss Milford Jai Lai, and the times spent there as a young man. Sneaking into Jai Lai and the Zebra Club in the same night is my fondest high school memory.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Bolivar is Back!

I still wear this ugly orange shirt from the mid-late nineties, proclaiming his return. It has actually turned into my hookup shirt as it is now worn and soft.

I'm married so I don't wear it often.

Man I miss Milford Jai Lai, and the times spent there as a young man. Sneaking into Jai Lai and the Zebra Club in the same night is my fondest high school memory.
Lasa was the baddest man in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky