Omar is selfish | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Omar is selfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw a thread calling out omar with people using the exact word of selfish..after the first few games im glad people are picking up on it..i guess i was just ahead of the curve for my observations...i accept apologies in the form of likes.

I was right when I said that poor passer does not mean selfish, and I'm right when I repeat it now.

Reaction Score
I was right when I said that poor passer does not mean selfish, and I'm right when I repeat it now.
Selfish is when on 2 occasions tonight u do NOT pass to a guy wide open under basket for guaranteed 2 and instead drive and either turn it over or miss..that was 4 guaranteed points that he decided to try to get himself... Now people are seeing the same thing i saw....just see the other threads tonight..or rewatch the game

Reaction Score
Omar is a poor passer, but that's not the reason why on a 3 on 1 fast break in the 1st half he elected to drive right into a defender and had the ball go off of his leg. I think its fair to label that a selfish play on his end.

Reaction Score
I can see how it could be perceived as selfish, but I honestly think he just wasn't sure who to dump the ball off to. Should he have given it up? Yes. But it seemed like a case of indecisiveness more than selfishness.

Reaction Score
As always - there is a difference between a selfish play and a selfish player.

On that ill-fated 3-on-1, Omar had an immediate hit ahead that he should have thrown. Once he didn't, the defender was in a position to intercept the long pass - or at least make it tougher. Omar kept dribbling to keep the advantage, which is good, but the ball should have gone to the middle of the floor and Omar should have filled a lane (I don't know if the two guys ahead of him spaced themselves out properly). and then once he got the rim, he put on a clinic of how not to finish a break. Looked indecisive, didn't go up strong. If he at least took it the whole way and went up strong like he wanted to finish, we'd have gotten something out of it.

Not for nothing, though, but Bazz had a similar trainwreck leading a 5 on 2. Only difference was, he tripped in the paint and tried to shuffle a pass backwards to DD's knees and the whole advantage fell apart. Between those two plays, the alleyoop to Boat, and the shovel pass back to Brimah too far from the basket for a travel, we weren't exactly an instructional video in break-running today.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Omar is a poor passer, but that's not the reason why on a 3 on 1 fast break in the 1st half he elected to drive right into a defender and had the ball go off of his leg. I think its fair to label that a selfish play on his end.

I thought it was just a bad play. He missed the easy pass early, then butt-fumbled the rest of the play.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Selfish is when on 2 occasions tonight u do NOT pass to a guy wide open under basket for guaranteed 2 and instead drive and either turn it over or miss..that was 4 guaranteed points that he decided to try to get himself... Now people are seeing the same thing i saw....just see the other threads tonight..or rewatch the game
dude ignore the people who say you're a troll, those are the people with no argument. this is a thread with a rational argument, but people here can't stand when anyone in or around the team is criticized. however... 2 things. first i think "selfish" was the wrong word, just like DD they both need to really work on there court vision and passing, last night made that look obvious. second, never make a post about toilet paper or anything dumb like that again.

Reaction Score
He's not selfish he's a scorer. KO isn't asking him to be a playmaker so he needs to shoot the ball and try to find ways to score. I have no issues with any of his shots he just needs to start making them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom