Omar is selfish | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Omar is selfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tyler has been a very good passer since day 1, one of the reasons he was always effective against Cuse, he likes that FT line jumper and he can pass out of that zone. So I dont think its a good comparison, don't treat Olander like the slacker he is in the passing dept.

I agree. One thing Olander is actually quite good at is passing. I also like his mid to long range jump shooting.

Reaction Score
If you are trying to respond in a rational manner to this clown, then you're the clown.
Wow your like ratio is worse than mine. I wonder why. The last few posts have been adding to the thread in a positive manner. You come along and ruin it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who went by aryn, markt last season. Or it could be the latest incantation of smokefree.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Rashad Anderson averaged .8 assists his entire career. Most selfish guard I've ever seen in a UConn uniform.
Rashad "The Knife" Anderson = my favorite UConn player of all time. Instant offense, 3 anywhere on the court. If he took that 3 against George Mason instead of Denham Brown, UConn would have brought home the National Title in 2006. That's not a hit on Brown, he was masterful in '06, I just love Rashad.

Reaction Score
He's not even a bad passer....its just not really his job to facilitate and dish.....He has 2 others who are very good at this and at least 1 of them is always on the floor...Sometimes both.

He is a poor passer Excalibur is correct. For those who remember going "uh oh" every time Rash Jones passed out of a double team, well it's the same with Omar and you weren't watching last year if you didn't notice that. Having said that he is not at all selfish and will be a nice player for us. The jobs of Bazz and Boat to get him the ball in scoring position are just that of PG's..........because he can score!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He is a poor passer Excalibur is correct. For those who remember going "uh oh" every time Rash Jones passed out of a double team, well it's the same with Omar and you weren't watching last year if you didn't notice that. Having said that he is not at all selfish and will be a nice player for us. The jobs of Bazz and Boat to get him the ball in scoring position are just that of PG's..........because he can score!
An intelligent post, particularly coming from a Yankee fan!:) Love the smack talk going on in the thread regarding the Sox! Sox - Yankees is the best rivalry in sports bar none! Wish UConn had a rival of quality caliber. Cuse almost reached that level but they zoned out as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
An intelligent post, particularly coming from a Yankee fan!:) Love the smack talk going on in the thread regarding the Sox! Sox - Yankees is the best rivalry in sports bar none! Wish UConn had a rival of quality caliber. Cuse almost reached that level but they zoned out as far as I'm concerned.

You are so right fleudy.......grew up in the middle of CT and never knew anything other than Yanks/Sox as my friends, classmates and teammates growing up were all split on their fav's - it's always been fun but now in WesMass it has changed, just a little though not too bad. Partially because I haven't changed LOL........anyway will miss the UConn/Cuse type rivalry although we owned them for the last 20 or so anyway so time to find a new one!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You are so right fleudy.......grew up in the middle of CT and never knew anything other than Yanks/Sox as my friends, classmates and teammates growing up were all split on their fav's - it's always been fun but now in WesMass it has changed, just a little though not too bad. Partially because I haven't changed LOL........anyway will miss the UConn/Cuse type rivalry although we owned them for the last 20 or so anyway so time to find a new one!

Grew up in Hamden. Most likely would have been a Yankee fan but the punks in my neighborhood turned me off to them! I wasn't rooting for anything that rabble liked. Believe me those guys made any of the trolls we see in these forums look downright wonderful.

Worked out great. I met this girl who was from Long Island. Had some great talks with her dad who turns out was from Keene, NH. He actually saw the Red Sox win the 1918 world series. Was hoping he would get another chance to see them win but it didn't work out. Anyhow, I'm sure I got his approval to marry his daughter cause I was a Sox fan.

BTW, my wife swears her aunt was very important in the Yankees success. She was a very devout Catholic and would pray with her rosary beads during the Yankees games. With her passing the Yankees have not been as successful.

She was visiting our home during the 99 NCAA championship game. We asked her to pray for UConn. I'm not kidding when I tell you every time Duke made a run I realized she was doing the old person dance (head slowly bobbing downwards) as she nodded off. I'm embarrassed to say that I would shake her awake and frantically request she start praying. I don't think that first NC would have happened without my efforts.:)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The 7th or 8th best player on the roster isn't perfect. Groundbreaking stuff.

Reaction Score
Grew up in Hamden. Most likely would have been a Yankee fan but the punks in my neighborhood turned me off to them! I wasn't rooting for anything that rabble liked. Believe me those guys made any of the trolls we see in these forums look downright wonderful.

Worked out great. I met this girl who was from Long Island. Had some great talks with her dad who turns out was from Keene, NH. He actually saw the Red Sox win the 1918 world series. Was hoping he would get another chance to see them win but it didn't work out. Anyhow, I'm sure I got his approval to marry his daughter cause I was a Sox fan.

BTW, my wife swears her aunt was very important in the Yankees success. She was a very devout Catholic and would pray with her rosary beads during the Yankees games. With her passing the Yankees have not been as successful.

She was visiting our home during the 99 NCAA championship game. We asked her to pray for UConn. I'm not kidding when I tell you every time Duke made a run I realized she was doing the old person dance (head slowly bobbing downwards) as she nodded off. I'm embarrassed to say that I would shake her awake and frantically request she start praying. I don't think that first NC would have happened without my efforts.:)

Great story seriously thanks for sharing.........good stuff:D

Reaction Score
I know he will be great ..he might even be a ben gordon type in time.. But noone can honestly say as of right now that he is a team player. I hope he distributes a little more instead of forcing shots (which is prob y he shot 40%)

I can't believe I'm responding to this nonsense. We had two true points on the floor almost all of the time last year. The ball was in one of their hands all the time. Omar's job when he got it on the wing was to take the open shot or give it back to Bazz and Boat. He did that fine.

You can not argue with a statistic. But there are often multiple ways to interpret them. If Bazz or Boat only averaged that amount of assists last year, it would be a problem. Omar with that average wasn't

caw

Reaction Score
The 7th or 8th best player on the roster isn't perfect. Groundbreaking stuff.

Calhoun is not the 7th or 8th best player. 5th is the lowest I would go and maybe 4th.

Reaction Score
Calhoun is not the 7th or 8th best player. 5th is the lowest I would go and maybe 4th.

And when a top 40 talent is the fourth or fifth best player on your team, you're in good shape.

Reaction Score

I disagree. I think you're wrong. He's not a bad passer. I never left a game last year saying he killed us with his passing. Never did I say damn if only OC was able to pass better. But thanks for your profound and undeniable assessment. He averaged 1.9 TO's a game and played 32 minutes a game as an 18 year old Freshman.....I'll take that.....And I bet at 1.0 of those TO's per game were violations (traveling and DD's and such)........He isn't a bad passer.

And to add a knowledgable fan should know that the APG stat is hardly a way to determine a good passer. Will a good passer have a high APG? Yes. but could you have a low APG and still be a considerably good passer? Yes. Could you have a high APG and not be a great passer? Yes. It all depends on how you are making the passes, when you are making the passes and to who you are making the passes....Throw me on a court with Jordan and Pippen and the crew and let us take on the league and let us run the break all game long and I'll even have 6 APG a game...doesn't mean I'm a good passer. Same goes for OC. Just because his position doesn't call for slashing and kicking or creating doesn't mean he is a bad passer. The trained eye transcends the box score. With OC, we could talk about his ball handling a little more than his passing if you guys really wanted to. But I think he improved that considerably as he went along last year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can't believe we still have a thread with this title sitting on here.

Sometimes it's better to leave a troll out there in the sunshine for everyone to get a look.

Reaction Score
Sometimes it's better to leave a troll out there in the sunshine for everyone to get a look.
Are you drunk? What does that sentence have to do with this thread? Sooooo anyways yea omars greedy

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think you're wrong. He's not a bad passer. I never left a game last year saying he killed us with his passing. Never did I say damn if only OC was able to pass better. But thanks for your profound and undeniable assessment. He averaged 1.9 TO's a game and played 32 minutes a game as an 18 year old Freshman.....I'll take that.....And I bet at 1.0 of those TO's per game were violations (traveling and DD's and such)........He isn't a bad passer.

And to add a knowledgable fan should know that the APG stat is hardly a way to determine a good passer. Will a good passer have a high APG? Yes. but could you have a low APG and still be a considerably good passer? Yes. Could you have a high APG and not be a great passer? Yes. It all depends on how you are making the passes, when you are making the passes and to who you are making the passes....Throw me on a court with Jordan and Pippen and the crew and let us take on the league and let us run the break all game long and I'll even have 6 APG a game...doesn't mean I'm a good passer. Same goes for OC. Just because his position doesn't call for slashing and kicking or creating doesn't mean he is a bad passer. The trained eye transcends the box score. With OC, we could talk about his ball handling a little more than his passing if you guys really wanted to. But I think he improved that considerably as he went along last year.

"knowledgeable" huh? Watch the game - he's a good kid and a good scorer and a horrible passer (last year)....there's no doubt about that one. It was not pretty when he had to give it up but hey he was a freshman. I never looked at stats in this thread and could care less about APG, he just "wasn't" very good or confident with the ball when doubled or overplayed by the defenders. Doesn't mean he can't get better and learn when to give it up earlier. The other night on a break he looked lost as to when to give it up or score again - no biggie he has to score the ball not pass it. He just needs to react quicker and not get caught in situations, it takes time with some and some (like Rash) just never are that good. Still can be impact players though..........

Reaction Score
I saw a thread calling out omar with people using the exact word of selfish..after the first few games im glad people are picking up on it..i guess i was just ahead of the curve for my observations...i accept apologies in the form of likes.

Reaction Score
I saw a thread calling out omar with people using the exact word of selfish..after the first few games im glad people are picking up on it..i guess i was just ahead of the curve for my observations...i accept apologies in the form of likes.
Jesus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer