Omar is selfish | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Omar is selfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is so *king dumb. I hate when people post when they dont know anything about basketball/have clearly never played before. Omar was our 3 last year. Boat and Shabazz are point guards their job is to distribute the basketball when they arent scoring. Omars job is not to create for others its to score the damn ball thats what he was recruited to do. When omar calhoun committed to uconn I don't think anybody was excited about the passing aspect of his game he could bring to this team. We were all pumped because hes a SHOOTING guard who can SCORE the ball.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
So i was watching the video of the espn power rankings of memphis. The guy mentioned how 3 guards on that team had over 100 assists. I said well we got 3 good guards lets see what we had. Boatright 131, shabazz 129, Omar 37 or 1.3 per game.

Omar : GUARD ------ 1.3 apg/32 mpg
Olander : CENTER ---1.1 apg/in just 21 mpg.
I know he was a freshman but still ..for a guard thats selfish and for a center like olander to do better in this category is pretty bad.

Omar is a SHOOTING guard who primarily played the 3 all season because Boat and Bazz, 2 POINT guards were always on the floor. You are far more FOOLISH than Omar is SELFISH. You don't understand his role in the offense or how to make friends and influence people.

Reaction Score
You don't understand his role in the offense or how to make friends and influence people.
Do not be contrite. For no one is wrong and no one is right. Not the person to your left or the person to your right. Especially not the person with a mirror in sight. ~ OklahomaUconn

Reaction Score
So i was watching the video of the espn power rankings of memphis. The guy mentioned how 3 guards on that team had over 100 assists. I said well we got 3 good guards lets see what we had. Boatright 131, shabazz 129, Omar 37 or 1.3 per game.

I know he was a freshman but still ..for a guard thats selfish and for a center like olander to do better in this category is pretty bad.

And we are off and running. I predict a 100 message count for this bad boy thread.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Okie is an attention hound, making a stupid and wrong interpretation of a single stat that he thinks is insightful, then laps up all the attention he generates by people thinking he can be reasoned with.

The funniest part about this whole thread is that for Okie, it's all about him........ and he calls Omar selfish.

"Thank you for your interest in UConn Basketball"

Reaction Score
mins. assists rebounds turnover points
memphis 88.7 11.5 11.7 7.4 34.4
UCONN 105 10.3 11.2 7.3 43.6

These are the stats for the 3 guards on each team. I'll still take our 3

Reaction Score
As they would say in the old country, this guy is a "stunod". Definitely one of my favorite words and very fitting here.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I can't believe this thread got 3 pages! ! !

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Im
im glad that ive made such an impression. I come posting facts, you come all heated who keeps typing the word troll. Btw what have you contributed to this board...i suggest u do some fact checking (omars stats and my previous threads) then come back with an apology. Thank you come again.

Look, you don't deserve an apology. You are a jack@ss.

You made a blanket perjorative statement in the subject line of your post. Quite likely your sole intent was to get a rise out of people. That is the very definition of trolling. You either know this and are playing out your string, or you really do possess the stupidity that others have assigned to you. In either case you are still a jack@ss.

You didn't come with facts plural, you came with a single fact/statistic, one that in this case, doesn't even prove your initial claim (lies, damn lies....). Multiple posters have pointed this out with solid logic and reason. You need to stop fooling yourself. You aren't some sort of brilliant raconteur who provokes serious discussions about timely subjects. You're still just a jack@ass.

Reaction Score
Imagine if everyone passes and no one shoots....this is so stupid.

Anyone have sny idea as to the time of possession for boat and buzz? I bet it would over 80%.

Reaction Score
yea, i thought this thread was gonna be that Omar had said something dumb after the game, in an interview... i'm kinda glad that it just turned out to be a dumb observation.. i want Omar to be selfish and shoot 3s. could care less how many assists he has

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Poor passer does not equal selfish.

Discussion over.

EXCALIBUR HAS SPOKEN!

th-1.jpeg

DISCUSSION OVER!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Giffey averaged 0.6 a/g last season. Is he selfish too?

His biggest challenge in getting assists is that nobody ever gave him the ball. Most under-utilized player on the team by far. Hard to get assists when you don't bring it up court and the guards ignore you even when you are wide open.

Reaction Score
Omar looked frustrated last night. He pressed and made poor decisions, he needs to let the game come to him.

The truth is that Omar is dependent on others to get him the ball. Last night they didn't, so he forced his game and it wasn't pretty.

Reaction Score
someone delete this thread off the internet before its too late

Reaction Score
Poor passer does not equal selfish.

Discussion over.

He's not even a bad passer....its just not really his job to facilitate and dish.....He has 2 others who are very good at this and at least 1 of them is always on the floor...Sometimes both.

Reaction Score

Tyler has been a very good passer since day 1, one of the reasons he was always effective against Cuse, he likes that FT line jumper and he can pass out of that zone. So I dont think its a good comparison, don't treat Olander like the slacker he is in the passing dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom